What age were you when you had "The Talk"?

k.
Yeah I was probably a freshmen in HS or so when the parents started telling me just do whatever they say and worry about anything illegal they may try later in court. Of course my mother was a lawyer though, so...

My father was in the Military...him and mother sat me down and told me not to make any sudden moves, be respectful, we'll get you out if it comes to that etc etc. Not so lucky to have a lawyer as a mom but I remember thinking "Why are we having this talk?" like I just wanted to be a kid and wasnt into anything illegal but the neighborhood I grew up in was known to have Jump Out Squads who would lock up everybody and ask questions later
This is just too funny. If black parents would just raise their children the right way, they wouldn't need this talk. The majority of violent crimes are committed by a MINORITY of blacks. They brought this mess on themselves. They need to fix it. Simple as that.
So would you say you feel privileged to have been born white?

Hell yes. Black culture has many disadvantages and they are all too happy to ignore their cultural faults and place the blame on others. I'm happy to have been born to parents who don't think as black people all too often do. But I wouldn't consider that a privilege. The self inflicted wounds in one group does not result in a privilege of another.

Yeah I was probably a freshmen in HS or so when the parents started telling me just do whatever they say and worry about anything illegal they may try later in court. Of course my mother was a lawyer though, so...

I suppose any lawyer would say the same to their clients. However, white cultural norms promote this behavior naturally.

k.

My father was in the Military...him and mother sat me down and told me not to make any sudden moves, be respectful, we'll get you out if it comes to that etc etc. Not so lucky to have a lawyer as a mom but I remember thinking "Why are we having this talk?" like I just wanted to be a kid and wasnt into anything illegal but the neighborhood I grew up in was known to have Jump Out Squads who would lock up everybody and ask questions later
This is just too funny. If black parents would just raise their children the right way, they wouldn't need this talk. The majority of violent crimes are committed by a MINORITY of blacks. They brought this mess on themselves. They need to fix it. Simple as that.

Hell yes. Black culture has many disadvantages and they are all too happy to ignore their cultural faults and place the blame on others. I'm happy to have been born to parents who don't think as black people all too often do. But I wouldn't consider that a privilege. The self inflicted wounds in one group does not result in a privilege of another.
Oh hi Publius long time no see! Hey why don't you go crawl back into that gutter you came from and fuck off?

I suppose any lawyer would say the same to their clients. However, white cultural norms promote this behavior naturally.
No wonder white guys are so timid. You mean they are taught to let people screw them over?

i grew up in what i now realize was a bad area of town, so even though i'm not black, i remember distinctly when my mother sat me down and told be point blank that if/when i'm ever either confroned or just spoken to by a cop, that i simply must treat them with the same respect as i do when respondng to either her or my father (i.e. in her words, when i was out playing in the streets and schoolyards away from home, i was to consider any cop to be my "parent" or authority figure).

she made it plain that i was to respond/answer honestly and at attention with "yes sir/no sir" and that i was to follow their instructions to the "T".

when i asked why, she just said because she told me to - and that was good enough for me.

i was about 10 years old at the time, and that advice has served me well - never did talk my way out of a ticket, but i never had a gun drawn on me either.

ultmately, in this day and age, i think this is still good advice regardless of race/creed/color (i.e. i've never heard of anything good coming from disrespecting/disregarding an officer of the law).

I remember when I was 9 and a white cop caught me walking home from the playground. He called me over to the car and put a gun to my head. Called me some choice racial slurs and threatened to kill me. I lost the small amount of respect I had for cops at that point.

I remember when I was 9 and a white cop caught me walking home from the playground. He called me over to the car and put a gun to my head. Called me some choice racial slurs and threatened to kill me. I lost the small amount of respect I had for cops at that point.

cool story bro

k.

Oh hi Publius long time no see! Hey why don't you go crawl back into that gutter you came from and fuck off?

Indeed the "gutter," as you call it, is work. But I wouldn't suppose you would know anything about that would you?

No wonder white guys are so timid. You mean they are taught to let people screw them over?

I would use the phrase "Machiavellian" to describe the situation but something tells me you wouldn't understand.

I would use the phrase "Machiavellian" to describe the situation but something tells me you wouldn't understand.
I would use the phrase "timid" like I already did. Obviously you didnt understand it.

I would use the phrase "timid" like I already did. Obviously you didnt understand it.

LOL, I guess you didn't make the connection? Don't worry, I wont bother explaining what "Machiavellian" means. First you need to learn the lesson at 1:03 of this video.

Forum List

Back