Westboro Baptist Church: Where's The Outrage?

i saw a couple of posts on the child endangerment issue.....it would be curtailing the religous freedoms...

follow me on this....

jw's dont allow blood....preferring their child to die in the grace of god...than to risk taking blood and not entering paradise (this is the way i understand it)...is that a child endangerment issue?

I think that's scientologists, isn't it? But there's a difference between a sincere religious tenet against blood transfusion or certain modern medical practices and hauling your kids out into a fracas you, yourself are inviting. That would be like taking your kids to a dive bar on a Saturday night, standing behind them and starting a brawl as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously, there are people who don't stick to peaceful counter protest and throw rocks or take other actions at these things - and "rumors" of worse if the freaks are caught out in the open and away from the spotlight. Subjecting your kids to that stuff is pure endangerment as far as I'm concerned.

no its jw's....scientologists dont believe in meds or doctors..they think they can be cleansed ...there is a word for it....of the angry souls that inhabit their bodies...

One belief of Scientology is that a human is an immortal alien spiritual being, termed a thetan, that is trapped on planet Earth in a physical body. Hubbard described these "thetans" in "Space Opera" cosmogony. The thetan has had innumerable past lives and it is accepted in Scientology that lives preceding the thetan's arrival on Earth lived in extraterrestrial cultures. Descriptions of space opera incidents are seen as true events by Scientologists.[2]

Scientology beliefs and practices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I get those groups confused. :lol:

I know Scientologists are not JW's, but my mind sort of lumps them together. At any rate, big difference between their actual religious teachings strange as they may seem and hauling a kid deliberately into an ugly, potentially dangerous situation. Especially when you're doing it to hide behind them.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
The Westboro folks piss off the right by spitting on soldiers' graves, and piss off the left by endlessly harassing gay folk. Hence, they're so marginalized as to be insignificant. Plus, they're Canadian. *shudders*

Hell, I know people who hope those deranged people show up in our city, just so they can counter-protest.

After it was announced that the 36-year-old actor had died on July 13, Margie Phelps, daughter of Westboro leader Fred Phelps, tweeted to her 5,600 followers, urging them to picket Stallone's funeral.

"Thrice-married rebel taught his son to mock God. ‪#picketfuneral‬," Phelps first tweeted on July 13.

The Westboro Baptist Church, infamous for its organized pickets at military funerals as part of its anti-gay agenda, is apparently targeting Sage because of his father's previous relationships.

"Adulterous dad brought wrath of God on son. ‪#BloodOnDadsHands‬ ‪#picketfuneral‬ ‪#woe‬," Phelps tweeted, adding, "Tell @TheSlyStallone to mourn for his sins, not pimp out son's dead body to more proud sin!"

Sage Stallone Death: Westboro Baptist Church Plans To Picket Actor's Funeral

:rolleyes: :puke3:

The Westboro folks piss off the right by spitting on soldiers' graves, and piss off the left by endlessly harassing gay folk. Hence, they're so marginalized as to be insignificant. Plus, they're Canadian. *shudders*

Hell, I know people who hope those deranged people show up in our city, just so they can counter-protest.

It's easy to get a counter protest against these 16 people.

Westboro is a grass spider whose shadow makes them look like a buick size tarantula.

phelps-young-04.jpg

I keep wondering why the left hasn't lashed out at these freaks. They're extremist Christians that pretty much exemplify everything the left hates about Christianity yet I see nobody here complaining about them.

I wonder why that is?

This church is so anti-Gay that they're going around the country protesting the funerals of military men and women killed in Iraq and Afghanistan because of the infamous "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy. I see nobody saying a thing about them. Could it be that the left sees them as an asset?

I remember the fight that ensued when Pres. Bill Clinton suggested the policy and now that the left doesn't think it goes far enough and wants to get rid of it perhaps the Westboro Baptist Church is doing their dirty work.

I believe this is an example of a policy that is middle-of-the-road that nether extreme likes. So the Democrats want to get rid of it but for different reasons then these disgusting nincompoops. They feel it doesn't go far enough. They would rather trash patriots then allow any Gays to exist among their ranks. One would think they would have Saturday afternoon stoning parties just for general purposes. These people are complete morons.

Ozzy Osborne is really pissed because these idiots are singing a counterfeit version of his song "Crazy Train". Ozzy Osbourne Disgusted by Westboro Baptist Church for Hate Message - Softpedia

They love singing "You're going straight to hell on a crazy train".

Kind of reminds me of a bunch of Charles Manson freaks.

Now from all indications they've won a massive victory because the Supreme Court feels that the slippery-slope argument the plaintiff has against Westboro Baptist Church doesn't override the first amendment.

Do you feel that freedom of speech overrules everything in this country, peace and common-decency notwithstanding?

Phelps Protest - YouTube

Supreme Court hears arguments on protests at military funerals by members of Westboro Baptist Church - ABC News

You really want to know why, Mudwhistle?

I will tell you. But I am sure it already hit you like a truck load of bricks!

By letting these WBC whackos gain publicity, the left can use them as a subtle generalization of all social conservatives. The more people identify the WBC whackos with social conservatism, the more people will become turned off from the social conservative position. The more people turn away from the social conservative position, the more likely leftist can recruit their voices and political power to their causes!

In other words, WBC whackos are not a leftist problem, but a leftist solution to gaining power. Kind of like rounding cattle up for the slaughter for the left.

phelps-young-04.jpg

I keep wondering why the left hasn't lashed out at these freaks. They're extremist Christians that pretty much exemplify everything the left hates about Christianity yet I see nobody here complaining about them.

I wonder why that is?

This church is so anti-Gay that they're going around the country protesting the funerals of military men and women killed in Iraq and Afghanistan because of the infamous "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy. I see nobody saying a thing about them. Could it be that the left sees them as an asset?

I remember the fight that ensued when Pres. Bill Clinton suggested the policy and now that the left doesn't think it goes far enough and wants to get rid of it perhaps the Westboro Baptist Church is doing their dirty work.

I believe this is an example of a policy that is middle-of-the-road that nether extreme likes. So the Democrats want to get rid of it but for different reasons then these disgusting nincompoops. They feel it doesn't go far enough. They would rather trash patriots then allow any Gays to exist among their ranks. One would think they would have Saturday afternoon stoning parties just for general purposes. These people are complete morons.

Ozzy Osborne is really pissed because these idiots are singing a counterfeit version of his song "Crazy Train". Ozzy Osbourne Disgusted by Westboro Baptist Church for Hate Message - Softpedia

Now from all indications they've won a massive victory because the Supreme Court feels that the slippery-slope argument the plaintiff has against Westboro Baptist Church doesn't override the first amendment.

Do you feel that freedom of speech overrules everything in this country, peace and common-decency notwithstanding?

Phelps Protest - YouTube

Supreme Court hears arguments on protests at military funerals by members of Westboro Baptist Church - ABC News

By letting these WBC whackos gain publicity, the left can use them as a subtle generalization of all social conservatives. The more people identify the WBC whackos with social conservatism, the more people will become turned off from the social conservative position. The more people turn away from the social conservative position, the more likely leftist can recruit their voices and political power to their causes!

In other words, WBC whackos are not a leftist problem, but a leftist solution to gaining power. Kind of like rounding cattle up for the slaughter for the left.

The thing is, Liberals have already gone down this road with the WBC, starting in around 2003, when the WBC started protesting funerals for troops that died in the Middle East. The outrage has hasn't really subsided, it's just turned into one of those 'what can you do?' type things.

They can't be stopped, they have certain Constitutional rights, and unfortunately those rights must be respected.

phelps-young-04.jpg

I wonder why that is?

Phelps Protest - YouTube

The thing is, Liberals have already gone down this road with the WBC, starting in around 2003, when the WBC started protesting funerals for troops that died in the Middle East. The outrage has hasn't really subsided, it's just turned into one of those 'what can you do?' type things.

They can't be stopped, they have certain Constitutional rights, and unfortunately those rights must be respected.

Grab a couple of the men from that church and take them down to the river and beat the snot out of 'em. That'll stop it.

Grab a couple of the men from that church and take them down to the river and beat the snot out of 'em. That'll stop it.

If they're as religious as they seem it probably won't. But by all means if you'd like to volunteer.

After it was announced that the 36-year-old actor had died on July 13, Margie Phelps, daughter of Westboro leader Fred Phelps, tweeted to her 5,600 followers, urging them to picket Stallone's funeral.

"Thrice-married rebel taught his son to mock God. ‪#picketfuneral‬," Phelps first tweeted on July 13.

The Westboro Baptist Church, infamous for its organized pickets at military funerals as part of its anti-gay agenda, is apparently targeting Sage because of his father's previous relationships.

"Adulterous dad brought wrath of God on son. ‪#BloodOnDadsHands‬ ‪#picketfuneral‬ ‪#woe‬," Phelps tweeted, adding, "Tell @TheSlyStallone to mourn for his sins, not pimp out son's dead body to more proud sin!"

They are more than welcome to protest. But if someone is offended and smacks them in the mouth, I won't have any sympathy for them.

They are more than welcome to protest. But if someone is offended and smacks them in the mouth, I won't have any sympathy for them.

More than welcome, really...? :lol: I doubt that...

The psychotic haters do have a 1st amendment protected right to assembly, though I would not shed a tear at someone punching Shirley Phelps in the mouth.

I guess that must be the devil in me... :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back