Westboro Baptist Church: Where's The Outrage?

phelps-young-04.jpg

I keep wondering why the left hasn't lashed out at these freaks. They're extremist Christians that pretty much exemplify everything the left hates about Christianity yet I see nobody here complaining about them.

I wonder why that is?

This church is so anti-Gay that they're going around the country protesting the funerals of military men and women killed in Iraq and Afghanistan because of the infamous "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy. I see nobody saying a thing about them. Could it be that the left sees them as an asset?

I remember the fight that ensued when Pres. Bill Clinton suggested the policy and now that the left doesn't think it goes far enough and wants to get rid of it perhaps the Westboro Baptist Church is doing their dirty work.

I believe this is an example of a policy that is middle-of-the-road that nether extreme likes. So the Democrats want to get rid of it but for different reasons then these disgusting nincompoops. They feel it doesn't go far enough. They would rather trash patriots then allow any Gays to exist among their ranks. One would think they would have Saturday afternoon stoning parties just for general purposes. These people are complete morons.

Ozzy Osborne is really pissed because these idiots are singing a counterfeit version of his song "Crazy Train". Ozzy Osbourne Disgusted by Westboro Baptist Church for Hate Message - Softpedia

They love singing "You're going straight to hell on a crazy train".

Kind of reminds me of a bunch of Charles Manson freaks.

Now from all indications they've won a massive victory because the Supreme Court feels that the slippery-slope argument the plaintiff has against Westboro Baptist Church doesn't override the first amendment.

Do you feel that freedom of speech overrules everything in this country, peace and common-decency notwithstanding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_8dZWUNEjY&feature=player_embedded

Supreme Court hears arguments on protests at military funerals by members of Westboro Baptist Church - ABC News
Why do you hate "conservative" Americans?

something to do with viet nam as i recall.
Prolly.

Makes you want to go out and smack somebody, doesn't it? Finally somebody'll get those bastards....D'oh! Maybe not. Shit!

Honestly, I can't imagine a world where Hustler doesn't apply to private individuals if the information is public and viewed through web content. Or even print. Can't use strong negative opinion or hyperbole utilizing public information about individuals or identifiable groups without liability?

We'd all be wearing muzzles. Can you imagine Current Events? The Flame Zone? Noooooo....!!!! :eek::eek:

Where's Eric Rudolph when you need him.:lol:

We need a guy like him that hates fake Christians with bad hairdos. BOOM

One of Rudolf's crimes was to bomb a gay night club. He and Phelps would get along very well.

The Devil comes in many forms.

phelps-young-04.jpg

I keep wondering why the left hasn't lashed out at these freaks. They're extremist Christians that pretty much exemplify everything the left hates about Christianity yet I see nobody here complaining about them.
I wonder why that is?

This church is so anti-Gay that they're going around the country protesting the funerals of military men and women killed in Iraq and Afghanistan because of the infamous "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy. I see nobody saying a thing about them. Could it be that the left sees them as an asset?

I remember the fight that ensued when Pres. Bill Clinton suggested the policy and now that the left doesn't think it goes far enough and wants to get rid of it perhaps the Westboro Baptist Church is doing their dirty work.

I believe this is an example of a policy that is middle-of-the-road that nether extreme likes. So the Democrats want to get rid of it but for different reasons then these disgusting nincompoops. They feel it doesn't go far enough. They would rather trash patriots then allow any Gays to exist among their ranks. One would think they would have Saturday afternoon stoning parties just for general purposes. These people are complete morons.

Ozzy Osborne is really pissed because these idiots are singing a counterfeit version of his song "Crazy Train". Ozzy Osbourne Disgusted by Westboro Baptist Church for Hate Message - Softpedia

They love singing "You're going straight to hell on a crazy train".

Kind of reminds me of a bunch of Charles Manson freaks.

Now from all indications they've won a massive victory because the Supreme Court feels that the slippery-slope argument the plaintiff has against Westboro Baptist Church doesn't override the first amendment.

Do you feel that freedom of speech overrules everything in this country, peace and common-decency notwithstanding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_8dZWUNEjY&feature=player_embedded

Supreme Court hears arguments on protests at military funerals by members of Westboro Baptist Church - ABC News

Then you sure as Hell aren't paying any attention.

Exactly. The left was against them, when the right was defending them. That was back when they were just bashing "fags" and protesting at the funerals of AIDS victims. Interesting how bashing the Phelps clan has now become chic on the right.

I don't remember the right ever defending them. Nether side supports this kind of bullshit. I mean really DT.

Then you sure as Hell aren't paying any attention.

Exactly. The left was against them, when the right was defending them. That was back when they were just bashing "fags" and protesting at the funerals of AIDS victims. Interesting how bashing the Phelps clan has now become chic on the right.

I don't remember the right ever defending them. Nether side supports this kind of bullshit. I mean really DT.

Then you weren't listening. How many on the right were offended by Falwell and Robertson claiming that 9/11 was do to tolerance of homosexuality? Now that Phelps has moved from protesting the funerals of AIDs victims, to fallen military, the right are the Johnny come lately to knowing what scum this clan is.

Then you weren't listening. How many on the right were offended by Falwell and Robertson claiming that 9/11 was do to tolerance of homosexuality? Now that Phelps has moved from protesting the funerals of AIDs victims, to fallen military, the right are the Johnny come lately to knowing what scum this clan is.

The stuff Falwell and Robertson say makes many of us cringe. With them everything is a sign from God. I guess it's not bad enough for us to go out and string them up.

These Westboro freaks are a different story. Have you seen their founder? The guy must have a demon in him.

I think these weirdos were a thorn in the side of the Gay community long before they hit the national airwaves with this funeral stunt. They are universally despised. Sorry if it wasn't noticed sooner.

religious frauds have existed from the start of time and are found in all religions.

you know what i often wonder about the christian god....why doesnt he/she just smite these people?

the woman with 11 children, marge phelps i think is her name...why has not god smited her by taking a child...i know that is a terrible to think that...but one cannot help but wonder..she says these children (even the grown soldiers have parents) die due to god's wishes..seems god could step up and make a point

religious frauds have existed from the start of time and are found in all religions.

you know what i often wonder about the christian god....why doesnt he/she just smite these people?

the woman with 11 children, marge phelps i think is her name...why has not god smited her by taking a child...i know that is a terrible to think that...but one cannot help but wonder..she says these children (even the grown soldiers have parents) die due to god's wishes..seems god could step up and make a point

If one of those children is smitten it's not going to be by the hand of God, but by getting caught in a melee when they're hauled out to be used as human fucking shields. Makes me sick they can get away with endangering their kids the way they do.

i saw a couple of posts on the child endangerment issue.....it would be curtailing the religous freedoms...

follow me on this....

jw's dont allow blood....preferring their child to die in the grace of god...than to risk taking blood and not entering paradise (this is the way i understand it)...is that a child endangerment issue?

i saw a couple of posts on the child endangerment issue.....it would be curtailing the religous freedoms...

follow me on this....

jw's dont allow blood....preferring their child to die in the grace of god...than to risk taking blood and not entering paradise (this is the way i understand it)...is that a child endangerment issue?

Let 'em die, one less 'tard in the world.

I think he smited her with utter stupidity.

follow me on this....

I think that's scientologists, isn't it? But there's a difference between a sincere religious tenet against blood transfusion or certain modern medical practices and hauling your kids out into a fracas you, yourself are inviting. That would be like taking your kids to a dive bar on a Saturday night, standing behind them and starting a brawl as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously, there are people who don't stick to peaceful counter protest and throw rocks or take other actions at these things - and "rumors" of worse if the freaks are caught out in the open and away from the spotlight. Subjecting your kids to that stuff is pure endangerment as far as I'm concerned.

follow me on this....

I think that's scientologists, isn't it? But there's a difference between a sincere religious tenet against blood transfusion or certain modern medical practices and hauling your kids out into a fracas you, yourself are inviting. That would be like taking your kids to a dive bar on a Saturday night, standing behind them and starting a brawl as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously, there are people who don't stick to peaceful counter protest and throw rocks or take other actions at these things - and "rumors" of worse if the freaks are caught out in the open and away from the spotlight. Subjecting your kids to that stuff is pure endangerment as far as I'm concerned.

no its jw's....scientologists dont believe in meds or doctors..they think they can be cleansed ...there is a word for it....of the angry souls that inhabit their bodies...

One belief of Scientology is that a human is an immortal alien spiritual being, termed a thetan, that is trapped on planet Earth in a physical body. Hubbard described these "thetans" in "Space Opera" cosmogony. The thetan has had innumerable past lives and it is accepted in Scientology that lives preceding the thetan's arrival on Earth lived in extraterrestrial cultures. Descriptions of space opera incidents are seen as true events by Scientologists.[2]

Scientology beliefs and practices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back