West Virginia Teachers Win !!

Teachers use mob style extortion to shake down taxpayers, shocker.

That is the tactic though of ALL Unions and it always has been the tactic.

Yes but teachers have the power to create mass chaos, suddenly parents have to scramble to arrange child care during the day. Imagine if air traffic controllers walked out on strike how disruptive that would be...oh wait they did and Reagan fired their ass.

Exactly the Teaching Unions are nuisances for that reason as are the majority of transport Unions, and those who strike should be fired, going on strike should be banned they should in the interim be told if they strike they lose their job.
Uh, that would be your opinion. And, believe it or not, a con talking point. But here is the thing: You know how much we respect your opinion.
Here’s another thing: nobody cares :blahblah:

West Virginia teachers' strike ends as lawmakers accept pay demands

A victory for people power. Hats off to these guys for holding out for a proper deal. You can beat the man if you stick together.
Now tell us the quality of education these teachers are responsible for, Tommy.

45th out of 50.

Should have fired them all and hired non union teachers interested in kids education.

What? You wanna see them drop to 46th?

So the teachers have no role in the success of their students then? If so why are the teachers even there?

you should get a refund from yours as you have no ability to think critically.

saying teachers aren't the sole reason for student failure and success isn't saying teachers have nothing to do with same.

a well taught person wouldn't have to be told this.

they would know.

The teachers are responsible for the childrens education when they are in the school, the parents are not in the school with them. You in typical Leftist fashion just want bad teachers let off the hook.

Also in typical Leftist fashion you are up your own buttocks and patronising. Time for you to boil your head or whatever Troll Boi.

The teachers are responsible for the education, and state is responsible for keeping the teachers. Good teachers are one of the few hopeful things this state has. More ignorance, as you so aptly prove, will continue to bring the state down.

More ignorance? You have just said that West Virginia as a state is largely backward post # 22 I think a lot of people in West Virginia would be offended.

No. I'm a native West Virginian. West Virginia is largely backwards.

Well that explains a lot!

saying teachers aren't the sole reason for student failure and success isn't saying teachers have nothing to do with same.

they would know.

The teachers are responsible for the childrens education when they are in the school, the parents are not in the school with them. You in typical Leftist fashion just want bad teachers let off the hook.

Also in typical Leftist fashion you are up your own buttocks and patronising. Time for you to boil your head or whatever Troll Boi.

The teachers are responsible for the education, and state is responsible for keeping the teachers. Good teachers are one of the few hopeful things this state has. More ignorance, as you so aptly prove, will continue to bring the state down.

More ignorance? You have just said that West Virginia as a state is largely backward post # 22 I think a lot of people in West Virginia would be offended.

No. I'm a native West Virginian. West Virginia is largely backwards.

Well that explains a lot!

You are! :(

Teachers in my state, WV, are among the lowest paid in the country. Average salary is $46,400 and average starting salary $32,500. That is extremely low. OK is worse, $44,100 and $31,600. They require a higher education degree and are burdened with student loans.

Source: Teacher Salaries in America

In WV not only are the salaries crap but state employee health insurance costs were do to go up a great deal (due to legislative incompetence over the years) meaning that the measly 1% raise would be nothing and the increased cost would actually reduce their pay to a level lower then their starting point.

How to you expect to recruit and retain quality teachers with that? It has been 14 years since they had a raise. Good for them for striking, they had tremendous community support. Teachers these days get so little respect yet they are expected to perform miracles. I hope the OK teachers strike as well.

View attachment 181319
And the average home cost is $150K, so lower pay is justified.

Noy
Teachers in my state, WV, are among the lowest paid in the country. Average salary is $46,400 and average starting salary $32,500. That is extremely low. OK is worse, $44,100 and $31,600. They require a higher education degree and are burdened with student loans.

In WV not only are the salaries crap but state employee health insurance costs were do to go up a great deal (due to legislative incompetence over the years) meaning that the measly 1% raise would be nothing and the increased cost would actually reduce their pay to a level lower then their starting point.

How to you expect to recruit and retain quality teachers with that? It has been 14 years since they had a raise. Good for them for striking, they had tremendous community support. Teachers these days get so little respect yet they are expected to perform miracles. I hope the OK teachers strike as well.

View attachment 181319

The average salary would get a home around 109,000 and the starting salary a home around 50,000.

Teachers protesting in ruby red WV is another indication of the trump affect.
Great job teachers: well done.
Why is that a Trump effect? Is it just more big government fucking over the people paying the bills?

Teachers in WV sure as hell aren't doing a very good job. So why do they deserve this raise? It's the parent's fault? If that's true then why do we need to pay teachers more money for a lost cause kid? Isn't this the best reason for school choice. If you and your kid are looking for better, you should be able to get outside of the union teacher system and go to a non-union teacher/school to better yourself. Instead of paying more taxes for the shit the teachers union and assigned schools are giving you. I think WV is a perfect place to make the entire school system voucher based. They are at the bottom in education. Instead of giving those teaching at the bottom more money to do so why not open the entire state to voucher schools and see where they end up in a year. Schools will pop up. Better teachers will be there. The WV teachers union can go on welfare or get their ass in gear.

There's nothing Trump has to do with this.

Noy

View attachment 181319

The average salary would get a home around 109,000 and the starting salary a home around 50,000.
So? Doesn't everyone in a starting position start low? Why should teachers be any different?

Noy

View attachment 181319

So? Doesn't everyone in a starting position start low? Why should teachers be any different?
How low should low be?

How do you expect to recruit and retain quality teachers when they can cross the line into PA and OH and earn 58,000 and 63,000 respectively?

So the teachers have no role in the success of their students then? If so why are the teachers even there?

they would know.

what a tremendous insight- i want bad teachers let off the hook

i never would have known if you hadn't applied your own rather facile brand of pretzel logic to my post

thanks for sharing it

All the Leftists have been defending these teachers in this thread even though West Virginia is 51 out of 51 in the table.

So, I don't think so. I suspected you were lying. So I checked out the facts, me boy:. Because you did not tell us where you got your ranking, I was pretty sure you were lying. Here is the truth, me boy: So, it turns out that in 2017, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Arizona all had lower pay for Teachers. And Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, and Louisiana were all in a near tie with West Virginia.
Which States Pay Teachers the Most (and Least)?

From now on. we should all know that when you have no link supporting your drivel, you are simply lying.
By the way, did you happen to notice that the ten lowest paying states in the study are ALL REPUBLICAN STATES. Must make you really proud.

^^^^ The LINK I was working from Clown Shoes is in the below post:

"From now on. we should all know that when you have no link supporting your drivel,"

You low IQ muppet the above link I was working from states that West Virginia is 51 out of 51. It's not my fault you cannot follow a thread and have reading comprehension problems.

A victory for people power. Hats off to these guys for holding out for a proper deal. You can beat the man if you stick together.
Tax payers lose.......

Why was toothbrush invented in West Virginia? Because any where else it would be called TeethBrush.
What do you get with 32 West Virginians in one room? A full set of teeth..
n798397043_746959_8533.jpg
Tax payers gain by retaining good teachers. Everybody gains.

They likely are not good teachers, especially if they teach in the public school system.....

Teachers use mob style extortion to shake down taxpayers, shocker.

That is the tactic though of ALL Unions and it always has been the tactic.

Yes but teachers have the power to create mass chaos, suddenly parents have to scramble to arrange child care during the day. Imagine if air traffic controllers walked out on strike how disruptive that would be...oh wait they did and Reagan fired their ass.

Exactly the Teaching Unions are nuisances for that reason as are the majority of transport Unions, and those who strike should be fired, going on strike should be banned they should in the interim be told if they strike they lose their job.
Uh, that would be your opinion. And, believe it or not, a con talking point. But here is the thing: You know how much we respect your opinion.

^^^^ Nobody cares what you think you have already illustrated that you are a moron.

I never said there were 51 States I said in that table West Virginia is 51 out of 51:

"Bottom Five

47. Missouri
48. Mississippi
49. Louisiana
50. South Carolina
51. West Virginia"

Now go and Troll another thread Troll Boi.

Dope didn't recongize that District of Columbia has to be included. Epic fail
Publicly educated.

^^^^WINNER!

All children should be privately educated, private teachers do not adhere to the Leftist SJW Teaching Union crap and also they can set their own curriculum in private schools so there is no Government Mandated Curriculum which of course is written primarily by the Leftist SJW Teaching Union representatives.

Problem with your statement, other than it is coming from a con troll posting another con talking point, is that all of the countries with higher educational achievement are public school countries. Every one, dipshit. Can you explain that?

Then there is this below post I posted comparing Oklahoma with West Virginia AGAIN there is a link and also two Screen Shots, the below has West Virginia 47 out of 51 that is 50 States PLUS The District of Columbia.

So take your pick one link West Virginia 51 out of 51, another link West Virginia 47 out of 51. Now as you are obviously an 8 year old boy it is past your bedtime already so run along now and don't forget to brush your teeth.

Noy

View attachment 181319

How low should low be?

How do you expect to recruit and retain quality teachers when they can cross the line into PA and OH and earn 58,000 and 63,000 respectively?
Well apparently the teachers unions and their wage demands aren't doing shit for WV. I think low should be set with the teacher. then as they get better they get more. If not they get fired. There's no room for a union in education.

Noy

View attachment 181319

How low should low be?

If West Virginia ranks 51 out of 51 or if you use the other link that I posted 47 out of 51 also in Quality Rating they are rated 30th, the quality of the teachers in West Virginia is already chronic, so why would you want to reward bad teachers with a pay rise? IMHO a teachers pay should be related to the quality of the job they are doing, so if the overall Quality rating is 30th then no the teachers shouldn't get a pay rise, whats needed is Performance Related Pay if they are doing a good job they get a pay rise and if they are doing a bad job they get a pay cut to ENCOURAGE them to get with the programme and begin doing a good job and if they consistently fail at improving their performance then they should be fired.

Noy

View attachment 181319

How low should low be?

If West Virginia ranks 51 out of 51 or if you use the other link that I posted 47 out of 51 also in Quality Rating they are rated 30th, the quality of the teachers in West Virginia is already chronic, so why would you want to reward bad teachers with a pay rise? IMHO a teachers pay should be related to the quality of the job they are doing, so if the overall Quality rating is 30th then no the teachers shouldn't get a pay rise, whats needed is Performance Related Pay if they are doing a good job they get a pay rise and if they are doing a bad job they get a pay cut to ENCOURAGE them to get with the programme and begin doing a good job and if they consistently fail at improving their performance then they should be fired.
The quality of education depends on more then just teachers. That is one of the issues. The other is if you don’t invest in decent pay you aren’t going to attract or retain good teachers in enough numbers to make a difference, not when you can cross a state line and make a lot more.

If you were a teacher starting out where would you go?

Noy

How low should low be?

The quality of education depends on more then just teachers. That is one of the issues. The other is if you don’t invest in decent pay you aren’t going to attract or retain good teachers in enough numbers to make a difference, not when you can cross a state line and make a lot more.

If you were a teacher starting out where would you go?

Well I would have to read about how much investment in education there has been in West Virginia etc

"If you were a teacher starting out where would you go?"

That is easy I would teach at a private school and/or be a private tutor.

they would know.

what a tremendous insight- i want bad teachers let off the hook

i never would have known if you hadn't applied your own rather facile brand of pretzel logic to my post

thanks for sharing it

All the Leftists have been defending these teachers in this thread even though West Virginia is 51 out of 51 in the table.

So, I don't think so. I suspected you were lying. So I checked out the facts, me boy:. Because you did not tell us where you got your ranking, I was pretty sure you were lying. Here is the truth, me boy: So, it turns out that in 2017, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Arizona all had lower pay for Teachers. And Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, and Louisiana were all in a near tie with West Virginia.
Which States Pay Teachers the Most (and Least)?

From now on. we should all know that when you have no link supporting your drivel, you are simply lying.
By the way, did you happen to notice that the ten lowest paying states in the study are ALL REPUBLICAN STATES. Must make you really proud.

What's this "me boy" horseshit? The states you mentioned have a lower cost of living than the east/west coast states....Everything from hamburger to home prices is lower in GOP states who aren't run by gutless progressive elitists who live off the labor of those they secretly loathe.

Tax payers lose.......

Why was toothbrush invented in West Virginia? Because any where else it would be called TeethBrush.
What do you get with 32 West Virginians in one room? A full set of teeth..
n798397043_746959_8533.jpg

Taxpayers lose because.... because.... they have to pay teachers enough to live off?

I was reading about teachers who were getting excited about taking waitressing jobs on the weekends. Are you kidding me? Is that what you want? Teachers who are so tired they can't do their job properly? You pay for what you get.

Forum List

Back