Went to Walmart tonight, we're near full Idiocracy

TheDude

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2016
U.S.A. gone wild
Grabbed a trash can and bottle of vinegar and headed for self-check out. It's loaded up, half requiring an attendant who never showed their face. One drug addict lost his shit because he couldn't check out, and pacing frantically. People don't know if the machines take cash and/or card. Near everyone was looking at one another not knowing what to do, in near a frantic state. So it's my turn, because I'm "card-worthy". The can punched in at over the price tag. I cancel (attendant needed). I do a 180 with the can, and some tough guy waiting his turn decides he doesn't like my wife beater, so he figures he's not letting me through. I give him the death stare, because the shirt is easily replaced. I still want the vinegar and head toward my truck...........WAY down the store I find two available cashiers, and all they're doing is standing around. At least the cashier was friendly.

Just a little tip from when I used to be single ... a 200 litre polyethylene drum and hydroflouric acid can get rid of even the most stubborn forensic evidence.

OT -- because I have no idea how anything in the OP is at all related to politics, yet the thread is created in the Politics subforum:
my wife beater

Do you live in a beach or other primarily recreational community that's very hot and sunny?

guy waiting his turn decides he doesn't like my wife beater

What did he say that led you to believe that was so?

I give him the death stare [...] At least the cashier was friendly

Really? I haven't tried giving some stranger a "death stare." Instead, I say "pardon me, please" and they make way. That's never not worked....merchants, office buildings, sidewalks, etc...."pardon me, please" or "excuse me, please" literally has worked every time. Saying an equivalent phrase works with equal facility when I'm in crowded places outside the U.S.

I cannot imagine that anyone can tell precisely what I might want or intend if I glare at them rather than speaking. Ocular communication is part of how cat, perhaps other creatures, express themselves, but not so much how people effectively do, probably because it doesn't involve actually speaking. Even if they can suss out something, I would not expect they'd conclude it's something as innocuous as my merely wanting to move past them.

T -- because I have no idea how anything in the OP is at all related to politics, yet the thread is created in the Politics subforum: Politics contribute to our dumbing down? That's an honest question HA!

my wife beater
Do you live in a beach or other primarily recreational community? No, they're just so easy to put on. That and at 56, somehow I can still pull it off. They're easy. Plus I'm retired now, work on my Chevy.

What did he say that led you to believe that was so? I don't know, sometimes people don't much care for wife beaters, and I get it. Most people look pretty trashy in them anyway. Nah, this dude is 38ish white tough guy. He didn't like the wife beater, or pretty much nothing in general. He gave me the tough guy look & "make me move".

Really? I haven't tried giving some stranger a "death stare." Okay, it wasn't the death stare, it was more I'm not putting up with your shit eye. I've been around a while. Some people are just easy to spot.

Instead, I say "pardon me, please" and they make way. That's never not worked....merchants, office buildings, sidewalks, etc...."pardon me, please" or "excuse me, please" literally has worked every time. Saying an equivalent phrase works with equal facility when I'm in crowded places outside the U.S. You're doing great.

I cannot imagine that anyone can tell precisely what I might want or intend if I glare at them rather than speaking. Wow, you're still talking about this? I stopped reading half into your last paragraph. I bet I didn't miss much.

Ocular communication is part of how cat, perhaps other creatures, express themselves, but not so much how people effectively do, probably because it doesn't involve actually speaking. Even if they can suss out something, I would not expect they'd conclude it's something as innocuous as my merely wanting to move past them. Speak of talking too much, I'll take the dog.

OT -- because I have no idea how anything in the OP is at all related to politics, yet the thread is created in the Politics subforum:
my wife beater

Do you live in a beach or other primarily recreational community that's very hot and sunny?

What did he say that led you to believe that was so?

Really? I haven't tried giving some stranger a "death stare." Instead, I say "pardon me, please" and they make way. That's never not worked....merchants, office buildings, sidewalks, etc...."pardon me, please" or "excuse me, please" literally has worked every time. Saying an equivalent phrase works with equal facility when I'm in crowded places outside the U.S.

I cannot imagine that anyone can tell precisely what I might want or intend if I glare at them rather than speaking. Ocular communication is part of how cat, perhaps other creatures, express themselves, but not so much how people effectively do, probably because it doesn't involve actually speaking. Even if they can suss out something, I would not expect they'd conclude it's something as innocuous as my merely wanting to move past them.
I've tried both, people ignore me either way, and I eventually end up just squeezing past people if they're in the way~

Politics contribute to our dumbing down? That's an honest question HA!
No, they don't. One's politics are a reflection of, not contribution to, one's critical thinking skills, values and ethicality, or the lack thereof with regard to those capacities.

Did the OP's own eyeballs roll out of their sockets when he actually typed that he had given a dude the "death stare"?

Sometimes this forum is little more than a bunch of obvious pansies trying to out-rugged each other.

Did the OP's own eyeballs roll out of their sockets when he actually typed that he had given a dude the "death stare"?

Sometimes this forum is little more than a bunch of obvious pansies trying to out-rugged each other.
I just simply release a silent but deadly crowd mover..

Cant remember the last time I did not shop for shit like that on the internet.

I pretty much buy everything on the net. I have no need for malls or Walmart anymore.

Groceries, I just go to Pubix near me. That is it. Don't want to be around any of "those people."

Is Walmart the place to have high expectations? Of anything? Is Walmart ever chosen for a wedding registry? Ever?

If I get out of Walmart without seeing a thong on a huge woman I had a good visit.

Cant remember the last time I did not shop for shit like that on the internet.

I pretty much buy everything on the net. I have no need for malls or Walmart anymore.

Groceries, I just go to Pubix near me. That is it. Don't want to be around any of "those people."

Yer a dick.

Is Walmart ever chosen for a wedding registry?

Why yes, and we couldn't have been more pleased ...

hillbilly-wedding-halloween-pinterest_3311955-770x430.jpg

Sure, that's it. You did the same thing.

Forum List

Back