Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

We just finished HUGH BBQed rib eye steaks with green beans and garlic bread. :D

rib%20eye.JPG

Yeah, I'm stuffed!

Last edited:
Not sure what I'm going to have yet. Waiting for the wife to get home. My biggest hope is that it is at least organic.

The perfect steak must have a rich sear on the exterior with just a very slight sizzling 'burn' on the edges and a really hot uniformly moist juicy pink center--requires pulling it off the fire just at the precisely right time. Too many people use too low a heat and think medium rare means raw or they leave it on the fire too long.

Makes me hungry for steak though. Maybe tonight. Or tomorrow night.

The perfect steak must have a rich sear on the exterior with just a very slight sizzling 'burn' on the edges and a really hot uniformly moist juicy pink center--requires pulling it off the fire just at the precisely right time. Too many people use too low a heat and think medium rare means raw or they leave it on the fire too long.

Makes me hungry for steak though. Maybe tonight. Or tomorrow night.

I sear a steak at very high temps on both sides then let it finish at a lower heat.

I prefer my steaks on the border of rare and medium rare.

Don't forget to let 'em rest for 5 minutes. Border protection y'know.

Oh- dinner tonight same as last (leftovers). Wife made a polenta/zuchinni/onion/bell pepper casserol topped w/tomatos and sauce then cheese.

Last edited:
Tonight we're having leftovers: fried chicken, waldorf salad, fresh melon, assorted pickles and olives. One of our favorite summer meals. :)

Nothing. I'm too stressed to eat or think about food. So I'm drinking sweet tea, that'll do me for now :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back