Well? What did you have for dinner tonight??

I bought a Painted Hills natural beef steak...the kids are at the sitters cuz I have to leave for a training at 4:30 a.m.....

I'm gonna have me a big fat steak.

I'm fucking tired of leftovers. From now on I'm calling them rightovers.
Once a week my mom would serve 'mustgos', all the leftovers from the previous week. The problem is when we visit it's still the same except she thinks she's still feeding 4 growing boys with hollow legs. :lol:

0335b400f807__1309218406000.jpg

This was dinner last night, grilled chicken marinated in Korean Barbeque sauce overnight.

I don't want to burst your bubble, but....

When barbecuing, burning fat drips onto an open flame producing polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH's), which are dangerous carcinogens. They are also produced when foods are browned or fried. There are more than twenty known, with the two most notable being benzopyrene and quinoline compounds. They are also found in the waxy coating used on fruits and vegetable. The canning of high protein foods cause some formation, as does the fermentation and pickling of foods. Cooked meats do not pose the only threat; even browned or burnt crusts contain a variety of carcinogenic substances. People consume many grams of overcooked food each day. By comparison, these same dangerous materials is only ½ gram, which is equal to someone smoking two packages of cigarettes per day.

Several carcinogens are produced. Carcinogens are mutagens, that is, substances that change the genetic code of cells. When meats are barbecued, broiled, char-broiled, smoked, fried, or even cooked above a temperature of 212F, the production of these carcinogens explode. In fact, many of the chemicals used to produce cancer in lab animals have been isolated from cooked proteins.

During barbecuing, for example, the fat from the meat drips onto the charcoal producing benzopyrene which then filters back up into the meat. A one-pound, well done, charcoal -broiled steak contains 4-5 micrograms of benzopyrene, an amount equal to what a person would get from smoking 600 cigarettes, stated Dave Townsend, an industry researcher who testified before a Minnesota tobacco trial.

Smoked meats also produce this carcinogenic agent. In Iceland, the numbers of patients with stomach and intestinal cancers is greater than anywhere else in the world. Their disease is attributed to the large consumption of smoked fish. The soot from smoking and roasting foodstuffs (meats, fish, coffee, etc.); charcoal broiling of meats and fish, and hard liquor aged in charred wood caskets are just some of the established carcinogens.

Another carcinogen is a family called HAA's (heterocyclic aromatic amines). Researchers have discovered at least seventeen different kinds resulting from the cooking of muscle meats. Little or no HAA's are found in the cooking of such other protein foods as milk, eggs, tofu, etc. Research has also been done on the various kinds of cooking. Those wishing more information on these related studies, in English or in Spanish, can contact the National Cancer Institute at 1-800-422-6237. Remember, the higher the fat content of the food and the greater the temperature reached in cooking, the more carcinogens are produced.

When foods are fried and have turned brown, they have been burned. The nutrients in the browned material have been destroyed. Proteins turn into carcinogenic acrolein; starches and sugars are caramelized through molecular destruction; fats and oils turn to smoke by destruction of fatty acids and glycerol. The rule of thumb is the higher the fat content of the food and the greater the temperature reached in cooking, the more carcinogens are produced.

Protein Damage Through Heating

Are you actually eating the black part? :eek:

I don't particularly like tacos unless they are, of course, ICE CREAM.

I like beer. It may be 'the failed Christian' in most people's eyes but it is so. I also like the absolute hard core 'healthy things', like dirt, cat shit, fish guts, and such. It isn't difficult to shock people, obviously, just be what they are in the levels they are afraid to be. *hearts*

I frequently say that 'amateurs aught not dabble', but it is more about those that exceed the levels in which I am most comfortable as an individual in surpassing... which is forever changing and adjusting accordingly.

Spicy chicken (skinless but bone-in chicken thighs that are marinated 24 hrs in hot sauce that's been doctored with healthy palmfuls of onion and garlic powders, oregano, savory spices, crushed black pepper and Emeril's original essence) cooked on the charcoal grill and homemade fries (seasoned with similar seasonings used for the chicken). Beer. Homemade applesauce cake with milk chocolate icing for dessert.

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I am having cod and ex is having barbque chicken (oven), baked taters, corn. For dessert....hmm. Not sure yet. Probably a nilla shake.

And you?

Black eyed peas...some vegetable concoction my wife made up and some rice. Actually it was pretty damn good. My wife can make some damn good black eyed peas.

We had a huge power outage in my area. All of our traffic lights were down. Main major highways, and we had flashing lights because the power was out. Talk about confusion. So, I waited and then after about 20 minutes, they were restored and I went to the Steakhouse. Now my belly hurts :-/

They had a power outage on the east side here in arizona. That sound fine but it was freaking 118 degree's yesterday. That is serious with no power.

We had a huge power outage in my area. All of our traffic lights were down. Main major highways, and we had flashing lights because the power was out. Talk about confusion. So, I waited and then after about 20 minutes, they were restored and I went to the Steakhouse. Now my belly hurts :-/

They had a power outage on the east side here in arizona. That sound fine but it was freaking 118 degree's yesterday. That is serious with no power.

Build underground....... :eusa_whistle:

darwin05.jpg

And don't forget......

coober-pedy2%5B3%5D.jpg

Build underground....... :eusa_whistle:

darwin05.jpg

And don't forget......

coober-pedy2%5B3%5D.jpg

What I wouldnt give for a basement. Seriously. I have not seen one since I lived in philly back in 84. Eh...Tonight for dinner was a flatbread sandwich from subway. Woohoo.

Forum List

Back