Well Newsome signed it, it's now official. The MINIMUM wage now to flip burgers is $20.00 an hour in California

Shit, in California that might buy you a cheeseburger....but probably not.

I guess they'll have to raise wages again soon.

Oh wait, but then prices will continue their ignominious ascent.

But then they could raise wages....oh...wait...

Yep, it's the classic case of a dog chasing it's tail. In the meantime, people like you and I who have paid our dues and moved on to careers are the ones who get screwed with more inflation.

Which franchisees can afford to pay their workers $20/ hr.?
They will Just raise their prices you say?
Fast food prices are already very high given the crap you are buying/ eating.
Good luck with that.

Lot's of places are paying $15 and there are no shortages of customers.

stupid idiot. be prepared to be served by machines and have no first time jobs for the kids now.

There's much less tipping in Canada on account of more government social programs that make it unnecessary to depend on charity.

And we're cheap but with an excuse provided by government.
Years ago I went to Canada on a fishing trip and was told not to tip the locals so they would not expect it from their countrymen. I still tipped our guide very well because he put us on to some of the best Walleye fishing I ever experienced in one day.

They're not just Burritos, they're burritos made for rich people and the other $4 is the tip!
On the B.C. coast we have the same high life style, but without the huge income inequality.
BC prices in restaurants--price plus 15% provisional tax plus 15% federal tax plus 15% tip--just add nearly half again the cost of your order, duck. I went to a pub in BC this week -- a garden burger, two orders of fish and chips, a green salad and a chicken club sandwich, $91 Cdn plus tip. Granted it is only $67 US, but that is ridiculous. We have always enjoyed going to Canada for lunch, but those days are gone. We'll keep our money here.

Hello $15 Big Mac’s. I was shocked when someone told me they got 2 adult and 1 kids meals and 3 apple pies at McD’s and they paid almost $40. It’s a rip off at half that price
Tip: Enjoy a cup of coffee and a egg&cheese biscuit for $2.50 at Chikfilet, if you are a senior.

Great.
Now increase labor costs by 33%.
Let me know how that works out.
PS you know who most of those customers are? Low income folks who you libs pretend to care so much about.
I won't be going back to CA, OR, WA or BC for dinner. Prices are ridiculous and we are close enough to ID and MT that we can get decent food for a reasonable price.

Forum List

Back