well mudd are they?

yeppers...since finding them ....i am on this like a duck on a june bug...i just hate it came to me this late in the season but i just keeping looking...as long as i am finding them i will keep looking...

yeppers...since finding them ....i am on this like a duck on a june bug...i just hate it came to me this late in the season but i just keeping looking...as long as i am finding them i will keep looking...

Be sure to crush one up to seed the ground with spores to insure yourself a new crop in that spot.

I only know a few of them for absolute certainty...and that i one of them.

Be sure to crush one up to seed the ground with spores to insure yourself a new crop in that spot.

I just took my last batch and washed them, then cast the water in several different places.

I just took my last batch and washed them, then cast the water in several different places.

Cool! that would work too. Its all about spreading the spores.

i will look...like a sad little thing going out after rains seeing nothing....i would rather look and find on or two ...than miss them....i am think about the 1000s i have missed lol....

what kinda dip do you use for the fried ones, if any?

i will look...like a sad little thing going out after rains seeing nothing....i would rather look and find on or two ...than miss them....i am think about the 1000s i have missed lol....

what kinda dip do you use for the fried ones, if any?

Ranch dressing.

I used just a restaurant batter to cook them in. I still have about 50 of them in the fridge.

o ranch was kick ass.....

001-11.jpg

here is the huge ass one i found....well huge to me...of course

002-7.jpg

the morels are grand but i will always be found out in the woods...digging ramps....

009-4.jpg

for some reason women dont do the ramp digging ....so i am out there with a bunch of guys.....which is a hoot in itself...today ...i was alone...

ramps are wild leeks.....

Wild Leeks (Ramps) The Wild Food of the Month - April

they smell really bad ...i would guess that is why most women dont mess with them...hell i worked on a trout farm for years....and own a doberman....the smell doesnt bother me ....

you have to find them and then dig them... i have always known where they are....and take friends digging...i dry them for the winter too

nothing......damn it.....nothing....and we had rain and all....

the reason for the laugh.....my morel patch is well....30 ft from the house....when ya get lucky.....ya get lucky

o i have fanned out....there is not an apple tree in the area i havent looked under...mayapples etc

last 3 outings have yielded nothing.....i am trying not to be totally bummed

o i have fanned out....there is not an apple tree in the area i havent looked under...mayapples etc

last 3 outings have yielded nothing.....i am trying not to be totally bummed

Doesn't have to be an apple tree within miles.

Once you find one Morel they could be anywhere or everywhere. I've found dozens of them on trails. Walked right past them and looked down, discovered one, then looked around and seen one after another that I had just walked past.

i know.....i have searched an area over ....then walked away and glanced back at a different angle and there they are....

they are gone....i have no reason to live lol....

Forum List

Back