Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
well mudd am i a good student?

003-7.jpg

004-10.jpg

005-6.jpg

006-7.jpg

now please tell me these are not false morels....or the 'death angel'

i followed all of your advice, my husband said it was too wet to look....i told him you insisted on my looking after ever rain...so out i went....you were right...they are in groupings and once you find one....well it opened the door....

i would hug you if i could...unless these are not morels...the first ones i was given were brown.....but i remembered you said.....they are different colored...see i remembered everything you told me....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you thank you.....if not for all your advice and encouragement i never would have found them....i am looking at false morels on youtube...its seems rather easy to tell....

again thank you.....for all the advice and encouragement

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you thank you.....if not for all your advice and encouragement i never would have found them....i am looking at false morels on youtube...its seems rather easy to tell....

again thank you.....for all the advice and encouragement

You're welcome hun.

They taste nice if you butter them and fry them in a pan, but I like to dip em in batter and deep fry them in peanut oil.

Oh, wash them off in some water and save the water. Go somewhere out in the woods that looks like a nice spot and pour the water all over. You'll get Morels in a couple of weeks or next season.

It's late in the season.

First the Blacks come out, then the Browns and Whites, now mostly all that are out are the Whites.

We only have a couple of weeks left in the season.

*happy dance* i am finally in that group of exclusive morel hunters

i have rinsed and will have the water poured around an apple tree as soon as he gets back.....thanks for that tip....i am so happy.....i know that sounds sillie but finally....

and i did it on my own after they cancelled on me this am....

now do i need to rinse them in salt water....

o and how often should i look in these spots

okay stored in a loosely closed paper bag

i should have contained my excitement and waited till today to pick them....but i couldnt

It's late in the season.

First the Blacks come out, then the Browns and Whites, now mostly all that are out are the Whites.

We only have a couple of weeks left in the season.

*happy dance* i am finally in that group of exclusive morel hunters

i have rinsed and will have the water poured around an apple tree as soon as he gets back.....thanks for that tip....i am so happy.....i know that sounds sillie but finally....

and i did it on my own after they cancelled on me this am....

now do i need to rinse them in salt water....

o and how often should i look in these spots

After every rain till the end of the season. Many of them are probably still hidden. You could go back there tomorrow and find several more.

You can soak em in saltwater after you rinsed them in fresh water. The saltwater is to kill any bugs that might be on them and it gives em a nice flavor.

Oh, there are several ways to store them. They dry out real easy so a sealed plastic container in the fridge is the best if you want to cook them in the next week or two or you can freeze them in sealed plastic bags. You can also dry them and they will retain their flavor for 6 months.

find about 5 more where i found these....i am following instructions and using the rinse water to resow i hope...

we are having fried morels....with rib eyes

001-9.jpg

okay i am getting a few every few days....this was today's morning haul....

its funny now....i get pissed with it doesnt rain like they say....we are suppose to have a good rain and thunderstorm today but so far nothing but overcast

now i have a dude in wv who will take me hunting up there.....i just have to go at the right time.....(that is a hoot) i havent talked to him this year ...so i dont know how the morels were....last year he said they were thin at best

oooooo i am drying a few...to see how that goes

001-9.jpg

okay i am getting a few every few days....this was today's morning haul....

its funny now....i get pissed with it doesnt rain like they say....we are suppose to have a good rain and thunderstorm today but so far nothing but overcast

now i have a dude in wv who will take me hunting up there.....i just have to go at the right time.....(that is a hoot) i havent talked to him this year ...so i dont know how the morels were....last year he said they were thin at best

oooooo i am drying a few...to see how that goes

Last sucked. Too dry.

This year has been pretty decent.

i wished i had discover this at the beginning of the season (like i have a clue when that is)

ooooooooo and alt goes...of course you are finding them now...they are white...the brown ones are much harder to find....

it was all i could do not to smack her right upside her head

i wished i had discover this at the beginning of the season (like i have a clue when that is)

ooooooooo and alt goes...of course you are finding them now...they are white...the brown ones are much harder to find....

it was all i could do not to smack her right upside her head
Yeah, the bitch.

Just remember to start looking in the third week of March.

3rd week of march....around the ides of march.....damn what a short season....now i got a real stupid question....

what moves the spore? what makes them morels...

hubby wants you to know i am a type a and become very obsessive about things....but they are damned good....i am simply amazed at how good they are

3rd week of march....around the ides of march.....damn what a short season....now i got a real stupid question....

what moves the spore? what makes them morels...

hubby wants you to know i am a type a and become very obsessive about things....but they are damned good....i am simply amazed at how good they are

Very short season.

When it's dry wind moves it. When it's wet wind an rain.

As to what makes them morels, Bing it.

tonights haul....everyone is making fun of me...but i go out after ever rain..i need to expand my search

i tried these fried in canola oil....i mean walked in the house, rinsed and started getting them fried ...dont within a 1/2 hour..they are so damned good...

now i must go look in unproven places....

010-3.jpg

o last night i cut them in rings....sauteed with onions and garlic....and spooned it over pork chops...thin cut....damn ....it was just too good...sauteed in butter of course

well mudd am i a good student?

003-7.jpg

004-10.jpg

005-6.jpg

006-7.jpg

now please tell me these are not false morels....or the 'death angel'

i followed all of your advice, my husband said it was too wet to look....i told him you insisted on my looking after ever rain...so out i went....you were right...they are in groupings and once you find one....well it opened the door....

i would hug you if i could...unless these are not morels...the first ones i was given were brown.....but i remembered you said.....they are different colored...see i remembered everything you told me....

A morel will be hollow.

Forum List

Back