Welfare equivalent to $50,000 a year job in many states

It's people who are greedy and make up these "companies".

And many want to be paid for doing nothing, they're so greedy they would rather steal other people's money and sit at home doing nothing. How much greedier can people be?
It’s always the people that make the least amount of money that is the problem, right?
SMFH

Then why is there still poor people?

There are still poor people because they are making the wrong decisions, and not putting in the effort (taxpayers put in the money) to learn a marketable trade - ESPECIALLY when they are getting the equivalent of $50,000 a year to stay at home and remain “poor.”

You’re deflecting. The point is that obviously people DO know how to get welfare. Liberals have set up “classes” to guide them through it.

No able-bodied adult should be getting rent subsidies, food stamps, cash payments, etc., when job are going begging at $20 an hour, and they refuse to work. Clearly, they’ve run the numbers and see that they’re can live a lower-middle class life either 1) working or 2) using other people’s money.

They are choosing the latter, and we should not be giving them that option.
This is a lie.

You're clearly ignorant as to what public assistance is and how it works.

For example, SNAP isn't 'welfare.'

Then why is there still poor people?

Laughable.
What the OP fails to admit is that the study was based entirely on single women with two dependent children. It did not evaluate single men who live in Mom and Dad's basement and play video games all day. And the OP begs the question, why the hell should a single woman raising two kids work any damn way?

And what about a married couple with two children, the husband is an engineer, makes $150,000 a year, and the wife is a stay at home Mom. They get the child tax credit, could be up to $7,200 a year. Where is the call for the Mom to go to work and quit taking other people's money.

That is the thing about the OP and most Republicans. They are pretty damn good at telling other people what they should do.

There are still poor people because they are making the wrong decisions, and not putting in the effort (taxpayers put in the money) to learn a marketable trade - ESPECIALLY when they are getting the equivalent of $50,000 a year to stay at home and remain “poor.”
So, a single mother with two young children is making the "wrong" decision by choosing to stay home with her kids and earn the equivalent of fifty grand? The wrong decision for who, you? It certainly isn't them. From the study itself,

In 11 states, welfare pays more than the average pre-tax first year wage for a teacher. In 39 states it pays more than the starting wage for a secretary. And, in the 3 most generous states a person on welfare can take home more money than an entry-level computer programmer.

TANF is limited and has return to work stipulations with a lifetime cap. Rent subsidies are extremely limited with far fewer subsidies than applicants.

Your are being overly simplistic.

And the data doesn’t back up your assertion. Labor force participation rate for prime are workers is within half a point of the maximum under Trump and about two percentage points from the all time high in 2000.
Correct.

And many programs are vendor paid.

It's both dishonest and a lie to refer to housing and childcare subsidies as 'income,' a clear false comparison.

Correct.

And many programs are vendor paid.

It's both dishonest and a lie to refer to housing and childcare subsidies as 'income,' a clear false comparison.
The whole OP is dishonest. The numbers are specific to a single parent with two dependent children. I mean these people are not thinking. They would have this single mother working cleaning hotel rooms or waiting tables at Denny's, leaving their kids at home alone. The very same people will complain about gang bangers and young children in the street. I mean can they not put two and two together?

This is a lie.

You're clearly ignorant as to what public assistance is and how it works.

For example, SNAP isn't 'welfare.'
Doesn’t matter what word you use. Let’s just put it all under the umbrella of “public assistance” - meaning freebies provided by other people.

And I’m not sure what the lie is. I posted the link in the OP showing that about 15 states (mine was one of them) hand out so much of other people’s money to adults who refuse to work that it amounts to a $50,000 a year job. The Democrats’ insistence on giving so much of middle-class workers’ money away to people who just won’t get a job BECAUSE they are getting so much keeps them dependent.

All by design. A dependent adult who lives off of OPM is the Democrats’ best voter!

OP is just repeating talking points and hoping for 'likes'.

She hasn't a clue.
Is the OP holding a regular full time job?

Liberals have long denied that those who work pay the freight for deadbeats and now college welchers.

Doesn’t matter what word you use. Let’s just put it all under the umbrella of “public assistance” - meaning freebies provided by other people.

And I’m not sure what the lie is. I posted the link in the OP showing that about 15 states (mine was one of them) hand out so much of other people’s money to adults who refuse to work that it amounts to a $50,000 a year job. The Democrats’ insistence on giving so much of middle-class workers’ money away to people who just won’t get a job BECAUSE they are getting so much keeps them dependent.

All by design. A dependent adult who lives off of OPM is the Democrats’ best voter!
Can’t defeat your facts but can label you instead

The dishonesty lies in the fact that you neglect to understand those numbers, and that study, is based exclusively on single mothers of two dependent children. And it begs the question, why should those mothers be working instead of staying home and taking care of their children, so you can pay less in taxes? Do you not realize that by forcing them into the workforce you are going to be paying more in the long run?

You don't think that's kind of just an argument over semantics?
Nope.

SNAP is for low income working Americans, such as those earning minimum wage.

TANF is neither welfare nor public assistance.

What constitutes welfare is determined by Federal law and public policy.

The 1996 Welfare Reform Act eliminated the entitlement status of many programs, such as AFDC, which is now TANF.

The Democrats’ insistence on giving so much of middle-class workers money away
The (D) want to tax the Ultra Rich, not the Middle Class.
The (R) want to protect the massive industries making $Billions in Yearly profit, all for VOTES.

It's the (R) that cause this massive wealth gap, and you middle class (R) are supporting that, at the expense of the poor.
Shame on you for trying to blame it on Democrats.

The dishonesty lies in the fact that you neglect to understand those numbers, and that study, is based exclusively on single mothers of two dependent children. And it begs the question, why should those mothers be working instead of staying home and taking care of their children, so you can pay less in taxes? Do you not realize that by forcing them into the workforce you are going to be paying more in the long run?
Now that’s a true lib loon contention
People working is forced liberal with bad consequences later on. Have to give that weeper statement a huge Hardy Har Har

Forum List

Back