Welfare equivalent to $50,000 a year job in many states

I know someone on welfare now has so much OPM flowing in that she is now shopping at Whole Foods. The middle class is being crushed and is now moving down to Walmart.

The positions have reversed. People on welfare now have so much more disposable income that they live better than the working class. This is all by Democrat design: they want people to refuse to work (hence the labor shortage) as a way of crushing the economy. They are following Marx to a tee.
I think they're following Khrushchev to a tee.... Marx did not bother himself with global politics and international intrigue. He was a lazy career university bum who didn't even write his own books. Just a pseudo-intellectual parasite really.

The leftists in the US, who follow the Cloward/Piven strategy and Saul Alinsky path of destroying the US are working towards an agenda the soviets laid out. The democrook party has been entirely co-opted by global collectivists, and the RNC isn't too far behind.

The endeavor to destroy the country by collapsing the economy, destroying or otherwise marginalizing all of our morality, culture, institutions, industries and even families was not put to rest in the ashes of the USSR. These authoritarian elite parasites merely moved their capital to NYC from Moscow and headquartered in the UN.

As far as what the results will be when the dollar does finally collapse....

Fuckin ugly.gif

Pretty fuckin ugly.... and the people who will suffer the most are the parasites who voted for it. The people who get the job done will of course be protected.

I know someone on welfare now has so much OPM flowing in that she is now shopping at Whole Foods. The middle class is being crushed and is now moving down to Walmart.

The positions have reversed. People on welfare now have so much more disposable income that they live better than the working class. This is all by Democrat design: they want people to refuse to work (hence the labor shortage) as a way of crushing the economy. They are following Marx to a tee.
If you are seriously interested in addressing the problem, then something must be done about the high marginal tax rates the people you complain about face. First, you have to accept the definition of marginal tax rate as being the amount of taxes, and the cost of the loss of benefits, for an additional dollar earned. On the average, for families receiving EBT and the EITC, the marginal tax rate is 51%. But that is on the average, in some cases that marginal tax rate exceeds 100% due to "cliffs".

Funny Republicans well wail and scream like a stuck pig about high marginal tax rates on the wealthy. Time and time again I have seen complaints about paying "almost 50%" of their income in taxes and that is often followed by the statement "why work". But just because those same Republicans just don't like people "gaming the system", they expect a young mother of two young children to go to work and only get to keep about fifteen cents of every additional dollar she earns. And like I said, sometimes, she actually has to pay to make additional income.

You know my story, I suspect it is part of the motivation of this thread. But here is the deal, I did what few people are willing to do. I worked through those high marginal tax rates, I fell off a few of those cliffs. But unlike most of the people within the demographic you are speaking, I have both an education and a set of skills that made my trip through those marginal tax rates and over those cliffs rather quick and less painful.

The biggest culprit is the EITC, a Republican proposition that passed during the Nixion administration. It is a curve. The more you work, the more you get, until you reach about 200% of the poverty level, then the more you work, the less you get. The better option is a child ceque as it is called in Denmark, Sweden has a family social insurance plan. It is a flat sum, paid for each child, and it does not vary with income. The first step to alleviating the problem is replacing the EITC with either type of plan.

Why would anyone work?

A young woman on welfare with two children is the equivalent of a $50,000 a year job - and that’s before you consider commuting costs. If she has three children, her TANF and food stamps and “earned” (cough-cough) income credit reach $60,000.

Now consider that many welfare types live with extended families, so that the young woman with two children is living with her own mother, who still has a teenager at home, and they get the equivalent of another $40,000 a year. So a family with two adults, a teen, and two kids gets nearly $100,000 a year.

Now consider the typical family, headed by two high school graduates. Mom works In a support role in an accounting firm for $20 an hour, and Dad works the deli counter at Harris Teeter for $22 an hour. Together, they bring in $80,000 - BEFORE taxes.

No wonder we have a labor shortage.
And you can be sure she mailed in her votes.

The OP is blaming welfare recipients, not companies who won’t pay a decent wage. If companies weren’t so greedy, there would no labor shortage.
Do you understand just how much of the market is small businesses that really can't afford to pay their employees a whole lot more and still turn a profit? Sure, maybe Amazon and Walmart could pay more, but you people seem to not realize that many small businesses barely turn a profit, and if they had to pay much more they'd end up going out of business. If you think that would be good for the economy, well, you're an idiot.

Do you understand just how much of the market is small businesses that really can't afford to pay their employees a whole lot more and still turn a profit? Sure, maybe Amazon and Walmart could pay more, but you people seem to not realize that many small businesses barely turn a profit, and if they had to pay much more they'd end up going out of business. If you think that would be good for the economy, well, you're an idiot.
If they don’t raise wages, they’ll go out of business because no one wants to work for substandard pay.

Do you understand just how much of the market is small businesses that really can't afford to pay their employees a whole lot more and still turn a profit?
No. Tell me.
If you think that would be good for the economy, well, you're an idiot.
What is more important, the economy or the ability to feed your family and pay your bills?

If they don’t raise wages, they’ll go out of business because no one wants to work for substandard pay.
People are still working for them. There's just a shortage. They'll pay as much as they have to, but yes, eventually they will go out of business if it doesn't add up. Then it'll just be companies like Walmart and Amazon running our economy.

Yay...

No. Tell me.
Small businesses account for 44% of economic activity.
What is more important, the economy or the ability to feed your family and pay your bills?
This is how I know you're actually retarded. How will you pay your bills without economic activity? The economy is necessary in order to feed your family and pay your bills you mouth breather.

Small businesses account for 44% of economic activity.

This is how I know you're actually retarded. How will you pay your bills without economic activity? The economy is necessary in order to feed your family and pay your bills you mouth breather.
If you can’t be civil, I have no desire to discuss anything with you.
Have a nice day.

If you can’t be civil, I have no desire to discuss anything with you.
Have a nice day.
If you're unintelligent to the point that you actually ask if the economy is more important than paying your bills I am equally uninterested in conversing.

Peace.

Working is for suckers, although I will admit that the price of crab legs is getting ridiculous. Thankfully I'm getting a cost of living allowance raise starting next year.

i have no idea. I’ve always worked and supported myself.

But isn’t your question irrelevant? The point of the thread, and the supporting link, is that government handouts are so generous that the average worker earning $50,000 doesn’t have as nice a life.
Then why is there still poor people?
Liberals have set up “classes” to guide them through it.
Laughable.

The OP is blaming welfare recipients, not companies who won’t pay a decent wage. If companies weren’t so greedy, there would no labor shortage.

It's people who are greedy and make up these "companies".

And many want to be paid for doing nothing, they're so greedy they would rather steal other people's money and sit at home doing nothing. How much greedier can people be?

Forum List

Back