Weird, But I'm Not Surprised

did you actually read the opinion piece? how can you say it's bullshit-it's one woman's opinion based on her experiences-you can disagree with her opinion, but it's hardly bullshit.

Yes. She said the following as well:

The real story of bigotry and intolerance is the fact that it lives and thrives on the left. As a gay woman who spent most of her adult life pushing the cart for liberal causes with liberal friends in a liberal city, I found that sexism, racism and homophobia are staples in the liberal world.

The woman is biased in the first place against Liberals as she was censured out of NOW for making racially insensitive comments as I previously pointed out. Up until that point, she was going along as just another Liberal. After that, she started to go against the political left.
yes, because her personal experiences are bull shit because YOU, someone that has not even begun to experience life, gay or straight, know better

you dont even see how fucked up that is

foley ring a bell?
he did nothing illegal or immoral, unlike dem gay gary stubbs and barney franks
yet he was driven from office

What? Mark Foley?

Foley resigned from Congress on September 29, 2006, acting on a request by Republican Leadership after allegations surfaced that he had sent suggestive emails and sexually explicit instant messages[1] to teenage males who had formerly served and were at that time serving as Congressional pages.[2][3] As a result of the disclosures, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement conducted investigations of the messages to find possible criminal charges.[4] Each ended with no criminal finding. In the case of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the “FDLE conducted as thorough and comprehensive investigation as possible considering Congress and Mr. Foley denied us access to critical data,” said FDLE Commissioner Gerald Bailey with the closure of the case.[5] The House Ethics Committee also conducted an investigation into the response of the House Republican leadership and their staff to possible earlier warnings of Foley's conduct.[6]

yes, because her personal experiences are bull shit because YOU, someone that has not even begun to experience life, gay or straight, know better

I never said her personal experiences are bull shit in that post. I'm merely pointing out that she has reason to be biased against the political left, especially after they essentially disowned her for racially insensitive comments.

Nope, you started it. You've been doing the same for quite some time. For some reason it seems I or what I post irritates you and makes you post unfairly. May I suggest you please ignore my threads, we'd both be happier and perhaps it wouldn't take at least a mod and admin to have you take a breath and post decently after 6 pages.

Seriously? I'm not going to get into a "No, you started it!" hissy fit match with you like I was back in middle school. I respond to your threads, calling BS where I see it and you complain I'm stalking you or some other bullshit. On top of that, you've twisted my words and unfairly characterized my position time and time again.

I still stand by the statement that the article was bullshit as well.

good for you with dealing with the article as you should have from the first point. It wasn't a trolling piece, nor was I.

As for the whining of yours that I responded to, which you left out with your rant, oh well. As I said, ignore my posts, we'll both be happier.

did you actually read the opinion piece? how can you say it's bullshit-it's one woman's opinion based on her experiences-you can disagree with her opinion, but it's hardly bullshit.

Yes. She said the following as well:

The real story of bigotry and intolerance is the fact that it lives and thrives on the left. As a gay woman who spent most of her adult life pushing the cart for liberal causes with liberal friends in a liberal city, I found that sexism, racism and homophobia are staples in the liberal world.

The woman is biased in the first place against Liberals as she was censured out of NOW for making racially insensitive comments as I previously pointed out. Up until that point, she was going along as just another Liberal. After that, she started to go against the political left.

I find it a bit amazing that a conservative person that happens to be a lesbian, speaks her experiences, and is being called a liar.. how unreal!!

foley ring a bell?

What? Mark Foley?

Foley resigned from Congress on September 29, 2006, acting on a request by Republican Leadership after allegations surfaced that he had sent suggestive emails and sexually explicit instant messages[1] to teenage males who had formerly served and were at that time serving as Congressional pages.[2][3] As a result of the disclosures, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement conducted investigations of the messages to find possible criminal charges.[4] Each ended with no criminal finding. In the case of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the “FDLE conducted as thorough and comprehensive investigation as possible considering Congress and Mr. Foley denied us access to critical data,” said FDLE Commissioner Gerald Bailey with the closure of the case.[5] The House Ethics Committee also conducted an investigation into the response of the House Republican leadership and their staff to possible earlier warnings of Foley's conduct.[6]
yes
liberals attacked him ad infinitum
and of course the wimpy GOP leaders didnt dare to actually show a backbone and asked him to step down

I never said her personal experiences are bull shit in that post. I'm merely pointing out that she has reason to be biased against the political left, especially after they essentially disowned her for racially insensitive comments.

So she is a liar, right?

A little louder this time...

Moddikins... You DO realize that most Conservatives ARE tolerant of homosexuals.. The one's that really are NOT are so far right wing it's just as spooky as the far left wingers...

Surely even you can tell the difference?

I can tell the difference between social conservatism and conservatives, yes.

I'm merely posting the gallup numbers and the numbers from the Prop 8 vote. Do "social conservatives" make up a majority of the people voting no in your opinion?

Yet you are the one saying that conservatives as a whole are intolerant of gays...

foley ring a bell?

What? Mark Foley?

yes
and of course the wimpy GOP leaders didnt dare to actually show a backbone and asked him to step down

Are you kidding me? It has nothing to do with the fact he was homosexual you moron.

Mark Foley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kirk Fordham, Chief of Staff to Tom Reynolds and former Chief of Staff to Foley, said that he was with Foley on September 29, 2006, when ABC confronted him with the explicit messages before they were publicized.[27] Fordham then visited GOP headquarters to inform Reynolds and Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert; he returned with a one-sentence resignation letter that Foley signed. Hastert and Reynolds let it be known that if Foley didn't resign, he would be expelled from the House. That same day, Foley tendered his resignation to Hastert as well as Florida Governor Jeb Bush.[28][29]

More pages came forward, alleging a history of inappropriate conduct by Foley dating back at least 10 years. Foley had been warned about the matter in 2005 by another House Republican and the House Clerk. Through his lawyer, Foley insisted he was not a pedophile and asserted that he had not "had contact" with a minor. This implied that though he did not sexually assault any male interns, he did not explicitly deny sending them solicitous and sexually overt text-messages; thus sidestepping the question of whether he should have apologized (in public or in private) to the interns who had complained about him

He abused his position of power against young boys. Surely you could see the reason why anybody would get angry at such a thing.

Now, do you have a real example to prove your point?

so now shes just a bitter lesbian attacking those kind liberals

:rolleyes:

yeah cause only black pastors are allowed to make those.....

Did it ever occur to you that when you are sexist, racist, or homophobic you may be the last to know?

Are you accusing me of being any of those things now, as well?

Not at all, unlike your post, if you follow mine back, one will find that I gave the entire context of what you wrote.

So she is a liar, right?

Considering her past history with the political left in relation to her disowning them for her comments, she is certainly not the most unbiased source.

This is like a Conservative getting disowned for saying racist comments and suddenly becoming a Conservative basher over night.

What? Mark Foley?
yes

Are you kidding me? It has nothing to do with the fact he was homosexual you moron.

Mark Foley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kirk Fordham, Chief of Staff to Tom Reynolds and former Chief of Staff to Foley, said that he was with Foley on September 29, 2006, when ABC confronted him with the explicit messages before they were publicized.[27] Fordham then visited GOP headquarters to inform Reynolds and Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert; he returned with a one-sentence resignation letter that Foley signed. Hastert and Reynolds let it be known that if Foley didn't resign, he would be expelled from the House. That same day, Foley tendered his resignation to Hastert as well as Florida Governor Jeb Bush.[28][29]

More pages came forward, alleging a history of inappropriate conduct by Foley dating back at least 10 years. Foley had been warned about the matter in 2005 by another House Republican and the House Clerk. Through his lawyer, Foley insisted he was not a pedophile and asserted that he had not "had contact" with a minor. This implied that though he did not sexually assault any male interns, he did not explicitly deny sending them solicitous and sexually overt text-messages; thus sidestepping the question of whether he should have apologized (in public or in private) to the interns who had complained about him

He abused his position of power against young boys. Surely you could see the reason why anybody would get angry at such a thing.

Now, do you have a real example to prove your point?
no, he didnt
he was totally cleared of that
Gary Stubbs ACTUALLY did abuse his power and HE got a standing ovation from the dems in congress
'
you are a fucking idiot if you dont see the hypocrisy

So she is a liar, right?

Yep, just like black conservatives are labeled 'Uncle Toms.' I mean it couldn't possibly be they really agree with what they are saying? That would be uh, wrong.

So she is a liar, right?

Considering her past history with the political left in relation to her disowning them for her comments, she is certainly not the most unbiased source.

This is like a Conservative getting disowned for saying racist comments and suddenly becoming a Conservative basher over night.

How can a persons own experiences be biased? LOL Experiences are experiences.

Yep, just like black conservatives are labeled 'Uncle Toms.' I mean it couldn't possibly be they really agree with what they are saying? That would be uh, wrong.

More mispresentation of what I said. Seriously, this is what I'm talking about and yet you don't seem to see it.

I never said she doesn't agree with what she is saying. I'm saying that she has good reason to be biased. Anyone who cares to read the wiki page can see that. She suddenly started to bash Liberals once NOW disowned her, don't see anything weird about the timing of that? :eusa_eh:

Seriously, Conservatives are supposedly more tolerant of Liberals about Homosexuality and Homosexuals? Troll thread.

Tammy Bruce is a right winger, so why her one blog post supposedly proves that whacked theory is beyond me.

Tammy Bruce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She was all game with the political left until they turned her back on her for racially insensitive comments from the looks of it.

Civil unions do not provide equal rights.

Some Americans Reluctant to Vote for Mormon, 72-Year-Old Presidential Candidates

According to gallup, only 36% of Conservatives would vote for a Homosexual in a election knowing the fact of their sexual orientation. Sounds tolerant to me. :rolleyes:

I have gay conservative friends, Modbert. Meh, what can I say? We're all older.

I don't have any gay friends or relatives...( to my knowledge ) :lol:

I'm not aware of any homosexual relatives, but I have lots of homosexual friends, as well as bisexual, transsexual, transgender, etc. Would I vote for a homosexual? Depends, but there's a good chance I wouldn't. Not because I dislike homosexuals, but because I dislike the public policies they're likely to support in elected office. On the other hand, I voted several times for Jim Kolbe when he was a Representative, because he respected that his job was to represent the will of his constituents, not his own personal agenda.

no, he didnt
he was totally cleared of that
Gary Stubbs ACTUALLY did abuse his power and HE got a standing ovation from the dems in congress
'
you are a fucking idiot if you dont see the hypocrisy

He wasn't totally cleared of that. They didn't go after him because the page was over 18. However, he still abused his position of power.

Forum List

Back