Weird, But I'm Not Surprised

no, he didnt
he was totally cleared of that
Gary Stubbs ACTUALLY did abuse his power and HE got a standing ovation from the dems in congress
'
you are a fucking idiot if you dont see the hypocrisy

He wasn't totally cleared of that. They didn't go after him because the page was over 18. However, he still abused his position of power.
which is exactly what i said about stubbs, he ABUSED his power and got a slap on the hand

and Foley WAS totally cleared

I have gay conservative friends, Modbert. Meh, what can I say? We're all older.

I don't have any gay friends or relatives...( to my knowledge ) :lol:

I'm not aware of any homosexual relatives, but I have lots of homosexual friends, as well as bisexual, transsexual, transgender, etc. Would I vote for a homosexual? Depends, but there's a good chance I wouldn't. Not because I dislike homosexuals, but because I dislike the public policies they're likely to support in elected office. On the other hand, I voted several times for Jim Kolbe when he was a Representative, because he respected that his job was to represent the will of his constituents, not his own personal agenda.

I think that voting for the constituents will get many more votes from them than ones based on race, religion, or sexual orientation. Same with 'ideals' that never translate into votes on the right side of legislation. Spare me.

which is exactly what i said about stubbs, he ABUSED his power and got a slap on the hand

Mark Foley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Florida officials have closed the investigation of Foley, stating they found "insufficient evidence" to file criminal charges, since the page was over the age of 18.[39]

Foley still abused his position of power and was forced out by Republican leadership. Now, do you have any other examples of Libs supposedly raging when Republicans come out of the closet? Because if that is the best you got, you're shooting blanks.

Where did Gerry Studds get a standing ovation by the way from the Dems in Congress?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Studds#Career_in_the_United_States_Congress

The House voted to censure Studds, on July 20, 1983, by a vote of 420-3. Studds faced the Speaker who was actually reading the motion, with his back to the other members.[3] In addition to the censure, the Democratic leadership stripped Studds of his chairmanship of the House Merchant Marine Subcommittee. Studds was later appointed chair of the House Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries. Studds received two standing ovations from supporters in his home district at his first town meeting following his congressional censure.[4]

Seems you got your facts wrong.

Yep, just like black conservatives are labeled 'Uncle Toms.' I mean it couldn't possibly be they really agree with what they are saying? That would be uh, wrong.

More mispresentation of what I said. Seriously, this is what I'm talking about and yet you don't seem to see it.

I never said she doesn't agree with what she is saying. I'm saying that she has good reason to be biased. Anyone who cares to read the wiki page can see that. She suddenly started to bash Liberals once NOW disowned her, don't see anything weird about the timing of that? :eusa_eh:

No, once again you are going personal. I responded to another poster, you jump on my response to her.

Put me on ignore. You'll be happier, but no moreso than myself. I can't put you on ignore.

No, once again you are going personal. I responded to another poster, you jump on my response to her.

Put me on ignore. You'll be happier, but no moreso than myself. I can't put you on ignore.

Kat was responding to me. You clearly felt the need to answer the question she asked me as if it was my own.

Florida officials have closed the investigation of Foley, stating they found "insufficient evidence" to file criminal charges, since the page was over the age of 18.[39]

Foley still abused his position of power and was forced out by Republican leadership. Now, do you have any other examples of Libs supposedly raging when Republicans come out of the closet? Because if that is the best you got, you're shooting blanks.

Where did Gerry Studds get a standing ovation by the way from the Dems in Congress?

Gerry Studds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The House voted to censure Studds, on July 20, 1983, by a vote of 420-3. Studds faced the Speaker who was actually reading the motion, with his back to the other members.[3] In addition to the censure, the Democratic leadership stripped Studds of his chairmanship of the House Merchant Marine Subcommittee. Studds was later appointed chair of the House Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries. Studds received two standing ovations from supporters in his home district at his first town meeting following his congressional censure.[4]

no, i didnt
i never said libs IN congress moron

Yep, just like black conservatives are labeled 'Uncle Toms.' I mean it couldn't possibly be they really agree with what they are saying? That would be uh, wrong.

More mispresentation of what I said. Seriously, this is what I'm talking about and yet you don't seem to see it.

I never said she doesn't agree with what she is saying. I'm saying that she has good reason to be biased. Anyone who cares to read the wiki page can see that. She suddenly started to bash Liberals once NOW disowned her, don't see anything weird about the timing of that? :eusa_eh:

he cant put you on ignore either
its a two edged sword

Kat was responding to me. You clearly felt the need to answer the question she asked me as if it was my own.

So now you are saying I may only respond to those who directly post to me?

bert..please stop deflecting off on this sideline and let's get back to the OP. Tammy Bruce, the lesbian conservative/liar.

no, i didnt
as to the standing ovation in congress, you are right, i got that wrong

no, i didnt

Liar.

no, he didnt
Gary Stubbs ACTUALLY did abuse his power and HE got a standing ovation from the dems in congress
'
see my LAST post, asshole

in was refering to libs in general attacking foley
thats what i meant, not just about stubbs

Last edited:
bert..please stop deflecting off on this sideline and let's get back to the OP. Tammy Bruce, the lesbian conservative/liar.

Dive was the one who made a generalization about Liberals. I asked him to prove it, he has yet to. If you want to blame anyone for deflection, blame Dive. I'd be more than happy to have a conversation about this but at this point it's more like a dogpile. Not the first though, so it's fine and doesn't really matter to me.

Yes, you changed your wording to Libs after it was originally Dems. You said he got a standing ovation in congress by the Dems, that alone is wrong and inaccurate. So may it be Liberal or Democrat, no matter how you put it, you got your facts wrong.

no, i didnt

Liar.

no, he didnt
'

Yes, you changed your wording to Libs after it was originally Dems. You said he got a standing ovation in congress by the Dems, that alone is wrong and inaccurate. So may it be Liberal or Democrat, no matter how you put it, you got your facts wrong. Now, instead of admitting you were wrong, you're lying.

Liar.

no, he didnt
'

I'm not the only one who should clearly see you changed the wording slightly when I called you out on your inaccuracy. Moving the goalposts.
bullshit
you missunderstood what i was saying
now, get back to the topic

Just saw this, sorry for the confusion since I didn't see it sooner. So some people in his district gave him a standing ovation, that means what exactly?

Where are the Liberals raging about a Republican coming out of the closet however? I've yet to see any evidence.

A little louder this time...

Moddikins... You DO realize that most Conservatives ARE tolerant of homosexuals.. The one's that really are NOT are so far right wing it's just as spooky as the far left wingers...

Surely even you can tell the difference?

I can tell the difference between social conservatism and conservatives, yes.

I'm merely posting the gallup numbers and the numbers from the Prop 8 vote. Do "social conservatives" make up a majority of the people voting no in your opinion?

Yet you are the one saying that conservatives as a whole are intolerant of gays...

So doggie, are conservatives as a whole intolerant of gays or not?

Just saw this, sorry for the confusion since I didn't see it sooner. So some people in his district gave him a standing ovation, that means what exactly?

Where are the Liberals raging about a Republican coming out of the closet however? I've yet to see any evidence.
that means his liberal supporters gave him a pass

now, back to the OP

is she a self hating lesbian?
did she lie about her personal experiences?

So doggie, are conservatives as a whole intolerant of gays or not?

That depends how you want to define conservatism. If you include the social conservatives, they clearly have not been supportive of LGBT issues as a whole. If you don't, it's up in the air though I like to think they are not intolerant. As for Conservatives in general, I have friends both online and offline who are conservatives and are all for LGBT rights.

Unlike what you incorrectly mischaracterized as my position earlier, I never said Conservatives are all bigoted against homosexuals. I merely used numbers from recent things (Prop 8, Gallup) that seem to be consistent with a specific conclusion.

that means his liberal supporters gave him a pass

now, back to the OP

is she a self hating lesbian?
did she lie about her personal experiences?

So because a couple of supposedly Liberal supporters gave him a pass, that says what exactly? Nothing. So you made no point whatsoever and still haven't proved your original premise.

I never called her a self-hating lesbian. I think she is biased about her past with Liberals due to the way her relationship with NOW ended, yes.

Forum List

Back