Wealth Distribution in the United States

^^

Great example. Sucks for that guy. But so many people have convinced themselves they are above good honest labor.

Lefties are really bad about this. They get a degree in art or diversity or some other liberal bullshit. Then when they can't find a job, they refuse to take low level stuff because they are convinced they are too enlightened to take it. All while bitching about rich people. And probably while existing in fatness.

I was a marine and educated....and priced groceries to get back on my feet.
You do what you gotta do.

Unless, of course, you have someone else do it for you.

Some of you younger ones dont know what pricing groceries is. This was before bar codes...each can of poeas required a price label on it. I was able to do a case in 9.4 seconds....st0re record at its time...I was a pro with the price gun...oh wait...cant use that word anymore...the hate...the vitriol.....ok...I was a pro with the pricing mechanism.

^^

Great example. Sucks for that guy. But so many people have convinced themselves they are above good honest labor.

Lefties are really bad about this. They get a degree in art or diversity or some other liberal bullshit. Then when they can't find a job, they refuse to take low level stuff because they are convinced they are too enlightened to take it. All while bitching about rich people. And probably while existing in fatness.
With a cell phone, a HDTV that gets 500 channels, and internet access.

Yep. 95% of bitching Americans do is out of envy, not necessity.

While our population remains fat, and getting fatter, I can't ignore the absolute fact that our obesity means our people are:

Overfed
Underworked

With that combination, we have little to bitch about.

But lefties will continue to whine about wealth inequality.

Starving Chinese, Muslims, Africans and Koreans would be proud to be among our poor, fat citizens.

Where do you live? I'll send my daughter. she wants money and will do anything (legal) to get it.

Nassau County.

You want to hear something sad?

Guy down the block...I know him well....He re-fied and took one of those ARM with the teaser rate. He had a good job when he took it. He bragged to me about the cash out he got and theboat he bought with it. He further attempoted to make me look like a fool for refi ing with a fixed rate...telling me how much money I am trhowing away.
We had a debate about it...but he wanted to be right...and I wanted to be careful....and the friendship sort of died...
Anyway, he lost his job and his rate spiked at the same time. His son worked for the same company in the mailroom and was fired as well as it was deemed a conflict of interest (or so he said). He called me to see if I would employ his son...and I would have, but I had a full house already.

Anyway, his house in in foreclosure....but after the first storm, I called him and asked him if his son could shovel for me as I needed to get to work. He said his son had a rough night and was still sleeping. I told him to have his son call me whenever it snows and my house is a job for him.

Never got a call....and the kid collects unemployment...and the father complains about the rich business owners...the evil mortgage lenders....and still has his boat.

Reading that story made me think of Karma and trains.

Seems like someone didn't look both ways and got run over by the Karma train.

Funny thing?

When I asked him why not get rid of his boat and use the funds to help with his mortgage he said...and I swear this is true.....
(paraphrased)

'there is no sympathy for someone who may lose his boat so I would rather default on the house and likely get assistance from the bank, my family or the governemnt'

But...he goit none of the above cause he lives in a middle to upper class neighborhood.

I

^^

Some of you younger ones dont know what pricing groceries is. This was before bar codes...each can of poeas required a price label on it. I was able to do a case in 9.4 seconds....st0re record at its time...I was a pro with the price gun...oh wait...cant use that word anymore...the hate...the vitriol.....ok...I was a pro with the pricing mechanism.

Hell yeah man, I did that coming up in high school! Ingles grocery in SC. Had to put those damn 25-cent stickers on every single can of generic brand cola. Hours and hours. But it paid. So I did it.

During a gap in career type jobs, I also worked in a medical stocking warehouse. Stocking boxes on shelves. Killed my lower back. Not injury, just fatigued muscles. But it paid. 2 years of that. Looking back, I shoulda just got on the government nipple and whined about what the rich owed me.

Nassau County.

Guy down the block...I know him well....He re-fied and took one of those ARM with the teaser rate. He had a good job when he took it. He bragged to me about the cash out he got and theboat he bought with it. He further attempoted to make me look like a fool for refi ing with a fixed rate...telling me how much money I am trhowing away.
We had a debate about it...but he wanted to be right...and I wanted to be careful....and the friendship sort of died...
Anyway, he lost his job and his rate spiked at the same time. His son worked for the same company in the mailroom and was fired as well as it was deemed a conflict of interest (or so he said). He called me to see if I would employ his son...and I would have, but I had a full house already.

Anyway, his house in in foreclosure....but after the first storm, I called him and asked him if his son could shovel for me as I needed to get to work. He said his son had a rough night and was still sleeping. I told him to have his son call me whenever it snows and my house is a job for him.

Never got a call....and the kid collects unemployment...and the father complains about the rich business owners...the evil mortgage lenders....and still has his boat.

Funny thing?

When I asked him why not get rid of his boat and use the funds to help with his mortgage he said...and I swear this is true.....
(paraphrased)

'there is no sympathy for someone who may lose his boat so I would rather default on the house and likely get assistance from the bank, my family or the governemnt'

But...he goit none of the above cause he lives in a middle to upper class neighborhood.

I

Kinda like some folks in the ghetto who dropped out of high school, spent $6,000 on chrome rims for their car, then bitch about having no opportunities in the hood.

^^

Hell yeah man, I did that coming up in high school! Ingles grocery in SC. Had to put those damn 25-cent stickers on every single can of generic brand cola. Hours and hours. But it paid. So I did it.

During a gap in career type jobs, I also worked in a medical stocking warehouse. Stocking boxes on shelves. Killed my lower back. Not injury, just fatigued muscles. But it paid. 2 years of that. Looking back, I shoulda just got on the government nipple and whined about what the rich owed me.

Yeah..and I wonder where you would be now?
Stocking boxes nd complaining about the rich business owners is my guess.

Funny thing?

(paraphrased)

I

Kinda like some folks in the ghetto who dropped out of high school, spent $6,000 on chrome rims for their car, then bitch about having no opportunities in the hood.

I still laugh at that 250 Nike sneaker rage.

Michael Jordan convinced kids in the ghetto that it would help their chances to make it big in Basketball if they used the little money thaey had to buy sneakers for 250 bucks.

I am curous....why was there no outrage for such target advertising?

Yeah..and I wonder where you would be now?
Stocking boxes nd complaining about the rich business owners is my guess.

Yep. Bitching about what someone elses owes me would get nowhere. Do I wish I was rich? Yep. Will bitching about it get me there? Nope.

But for the lefties....theres always hope Obama will lift them to that level through gov't help. They're still waiting.

And they're still fat.

Overfed and overworked. I have little sympathy for our "poor".

Financially speaking, there is a great inequality in the United States. Over the last 30 years, while the rich have been getting richer, the poor have been getting steadily poorer. One reason for the growing disparity between the rich and the poor is the fact that most new jobs that are created pay low wages and often do not offer retirement plans or health coverage.

So what? Of course the rich get richer. They know what it takes to get rich in the first place. What makes you think they'd stop?

Funny thing?

(paraphrased)

I

Michael Jordan convinced kids in the ghetto that it would help their chances to make it big in Basketball if they used the little money thaey had to buy sneakers for 250 bucks.

Becuase littel black kids are entitled to a pair of Nike sneakers.

In fact, when a black kid in the ghetto adds up how much money he spent (or his parent(s)) in his past 10 years on:

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

I bet if you add all that up, it's be well enough to cover the cost of a 2 year associates degree at a local community college.

Factor that for a 28 year old, still living in the ghetto, and he'd be up near a 4 year degree at a state college.

Financially speaking, there is a great inequality in the United States. Over the last 30 years, while the rich have been getting richer, the poor have been getting steadily poorer. One reason for the growing disparity between the rich and the poor is the fact that most new jobs that are created pay low wages and often do not offer retirement plans or health coverage.

So what? Of course the rich get richer. They know what it takes to get rich in the first place. What makes you think they'd stop?

Yep.

The rich know how to get rich.

And the poor know how to get poor.

They both do what they do.

This is what happens when stoopid becomes the new black.

In the 80's (or before) companies started to offer 401k and HC ins and a benny to get the best workers they could and keep them.

30 years later, stoopid is the new black and they think companies are supposed to offer these bennies at all level of employment.

Honestly, how many of you got a job flippin burgers planned on retireing 20 years later still flippin bergers?
This is all a product of the entitlement mindset, fostered by the left in order to expand their voter base - that you are entitled to any number of things; if you cannot provide them for yourself, someone else must provide them for you - and we'll make sure they do!

And it started out small. They used a catastrophy to get welfare
then UI
then the Department of this, that and everything in between
Now it's obamacare
tomorrow it will be cars, trucks, homes, furniture, and the carpet must match the drapes or it's not

fair.

It started with the founding fathers, so your history & theory are both blown to pieces. And as the population grows, naturally more benefits will be added.

In fact, when a black kid in the ghetto adds up how much money he spent (or his parent(s)) in his past 10 years on:

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

I bet if you add all that up, it's be well enough to cover the cost of a 2 year associates degree at a local community college.

Factor that for a 28 year old, still living in the ghetto, and he'd be up near a 4 year degree at a state college.

I love the black arguement, and the idea that you attack the weakest of our lot, the kids. You guys should get an award for your thoughful response to this thread.

This is all a product of the entitlement mindset, fostered by the left in order to expand their voter base - that you are entitled to any number of things; if you cannot provide them for yourself, someone else must provide them for you - and we'll make sure they do!

then UI
Now it's obamacare
tomorrow it will be cars, trucks, homes, furniture, and the carpet must match the drapes or it's not

fair.

It started with the founding fathers, so your history & theory are both blown to pieces. And as the population grows, naturally more benefits will be added.
Naturally more benefits will be added as the popultaion grows?

Why is that "naturally"?

then UI
Now it's obamacare

fair.

And they should NOT get them.

Our "poor" are fat. Which means:

A) They are overfed
B) They are underworked

Simple math says our poor eat far more calories than they burn. They obviously aren't lacking the most important element of life, calories............and aren't working that hard physically, as they aren't burning as much as they take in.

Until our poor work hard enough to burn the calories they take in (most of which are purchased with food stamps) then I have no sympathy.

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

I love the black arguement, and the idea that you attack the weakest of our lot, the kids. You guys should get an award for your thoughful response to this thread.

Do black people not make up a disproportinate number of our poor? We're talking about reality here, not liberal fantasy land.

then UI
Now it's obamacare

fair.

Naturally more benefits will be added as the popultaion grows?

Why is that "naturally"?

Easy. Look at the demographic groups that are reproducing most often and at the highest rate. Those groups can:

A) Vote
B) Demand benefits

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

Funny...avoid the topic and only attack a small part of the topic./

Truth is, there was some very disturbing target advertising to those in the ghetto...I never mentioned race mind you.....and it resulted in not only money being spent that was needed for more impoortant things.......but it also resulted in theft and murder....

You opted to make it a black argument....I am referring to the target marketing to the poor for luxury items

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

Funny...avoid the topic and only attack a small part of the topic./

Truth is, there was some very disturbing target advertising to those in the ghetto...I never mentioned race mind you.....and it resulted in not only money being spent that was needed for more impoortant things.......but it also resulted in theft and murder....

You opted to make it a black argument....I am referring to the target marketing to the poor for luxury items

Hey man, I brought up the black argument. Only because facts show blacks make up a large % of the poor in our country. Facts are facts. Drive through any government housing project in America. Blacks make up the 99% majority. And yes, the 25 year olds who grew up there and still live there are caught in generational dependency. If you tallied up all the money they dropped in unnecessary things, they coulda afforded college. Or an apartment outside section 8.

Nassau County.

Funny thing?

(paraphrased)

I

Hard to have pity for a moron like that.

oh, wait. I think I found some.

uhm no

that wasn't pity, it was pissy

Last edited:

Forum List

Back