Wealth Distribution in the United States

You mean we have to develop our own retirement plans? We have to buy our own health insurance? How scandalous! How dare these evil (insert word here) make us take responsibility for our own lives!

I mean it's not like I should be paid for my labor or for providing some benefit to the community. I should just be given everything. Much more fair that way.

In other words, to conservatives, the bigger the gap between rich and poor,

the better the system is working.

yeah that's exactly what he said you ignoramous. He couldn't have possibly said your level of wealth is decided by YOU.

^^^^^What he said^^^^^^

but with a

:muahaha:

Wealth Distribution in the United States | Business Pundit

Financially speaking, there is a great inequality in the United States. Over the last 30 years, while the rich have been getting richer, the poor have been getting steadily poorer. One reason for the growing disparity between the rich and the poor is the fact that most new jobs that are created pay low wages and often do not offer retirement plans or health coverage.

This is what happens when stoopid becomes the new black.

In the 80's (or before) companies started to offer 401k and HC ins and a benny to get the best workers they could and keep them.

30 years later, stoopid is the new black and they think companies are supposed to offer these bennies at all level of employment.

Honestly, how many of you got a job flippin burgers planned on retireing 20 years later still flippin bergers?
This is all a product of the entitlement mindset, fostered by the left in order to expand their voter base - that you are entitled to any number of things; if you cannot provide them for yourself, someone else must provide them for you - and we'll make sure they do!

Last edited:
In other words, to conservatives, the bigger the gap between rich and poor,

the better the system is working.

Wow, they say potato, you say onomatopoeia.

What a stretch.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OK then,

let's hear you name all measures that conservatives support that serve to narrow the gap between rich and poor,

and all the measures that conservatives OPPOSE that serve to narrow the gap between rich and poor,

and let's see what reasonable conclusions we can draw from those facts.

You won't hear any. Know why? Because conservatives know it isn't government's job to narrow that gap. It is YOUR responsibility to attain the wealth you want. Not governments. If that means what worked 20 years ago doesn't work now, then YOU are the one that needs to adapt and figure out what does work.

Wealth Distribution in the United States | Business Pundit

Financially speaking, there is a great inequality in the United States. Over the last 30 years, while the rich have been getting richer, the poor have been getting steadily poorer. One reason for the growing disparity between the rich and the poor is the fact that most new jobs that are created pay low wages and often do not offer retirement plans or health coverage.

In the 80's (or before) companies started to offer 401k and HC ins and a benny to get the best workers they could and keep them.

30 years later, stoopid is the new black and they think companies are supposed to offer these bennies at all level of employment.

Honestly, how many of you got a job flippin burgers planned on retireing 20 years later still flippin bergers?
This is all a product of the entitlement mindset, fostered by the left in order to expand their voter base - that you are entitled to any number of things; if you cannot provide them for yourself, someone else must provide them for you - and we'll make sure they do!

And it started out small. They used a catastrophy to get welfare
then UI
then the Department of this, that and everything in between
Now it's obamacare
tomorrow it will be cars, trucks, homes, furniture, and the carpet must match the drapes or it's not

fair.

And when and where has it worked in the past? Specifically.

Better yet, if we eliminate Medicaid, which is a program precisely and wholly designed to narrow the gap between rich and poor - that is its primary effect -

how does that 'work' as you say, to make the gap between rich and poor smaller?

It worked for me.

I was poor. Jobless. Blamed my boss that fired me....even though it was my attitude that got me fired. I was Homeless. Lived under the boardwalk.
Woke up to personal responsibility and sold my first company 5 years later...not for a big profit....but it was a start.
How did I do it? Started off small.....pricing groceries...saved the money for a course....didnt go out partrying for over 2 years...lonly life....but I did what I had to do....ate bananas for dinner...walked miles at a time to save on bus fare.....

Did what I had to do.

And now? 27 years and I am a five percenter.

That's mildly interesting tale, but does not in any way address my question/point.

Everyone on the right has trouble with these points, the song and dance is frantic.

It directly answers your question.

You asked when it worked in the past.

How many business owners do you beleive inherited their success?

Do you believe that few business owners started off as a small one person show working 15 hour days?

To the contrary, most business owners started off as a one man show working 15 hour days 6 and 7 days a week.

My oldr son started a buisness two summers ago. Needed no capital...just a lot of phone marketing and database development....he built his product (a service) and marketed it by calling 3everyoine and anyone that may need his service. IN the meantime, his friends were deliverting pizzas...He could not go out on a saturday night for his srevice was a 7 day a week service. His friends DID go out at night.

BY the end of his second quarter, he was generating a 3500 a month net profit, By the time he found he hated what he did for a living he was making 6K a month profit and so he sold it off (really just the database) and started a new career working for a company as a marketing rep.

Making 50K a year but he got the position based on what he learned starting his own.

And all you can do is say we sing and dance.......so I will again ask you...

DO you truly believe that most business owners inherited their success?

Wow, they say potato, you say onomatopoeia.

What a stretch.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OK then,

let's hear you name all measures that conservatives support that serve to narrow the gap between rich and poor,

and all the measures that conservatives OPPOSE that serve to narrow the gap between rich and poor,

and let's see what reasonable conclusions we can draw from those facts.

You won't hear any. Know why? Because conservatives know it isn't government's job to narrow that gap. It is YOUR responsibility to attain the wealth you want. Not governments. If that means what worked 20 years ago doesn't work now, then YOU are the one that needs to adapt and figure out what does work.

That's simply not true!! You filthy little liar!! WE have a plan! and it goes like this!

Take care of yourself and your family! If you "need" help, ask your neighbors or neighborhood to lend a hand! Be responsible! Look within! Do it yourself!

Freedom
Independence

not just words, but words to live by.

then UI
Now it's obamacare
tomorrow it will be cars, trucks, homes, furniture, and the carpet must match the drapes or it's not

fair.

Well...I need to ask...

If healthcare is a right yet only soimething you MAY need to stay alive....

Then I must assume a roof over your head is a right seeing as you most definitely need that to survive.

And food is a right as you need that to survive.

And clothing is a must for without it you cannot get a job to get food and a roof over your head

It worked for me.

I was poor. Jobless. Blamed my boss that fired me....even though it was my attitude that got me fired. I was Homeless. Lived under the boardwalk.
Woke up to personal responsibility and sold my first company 5 years later...not for a big profit....but it was a start.
How did I do it? Started off small.....pricing groceries...saved the money for a course....didnt go out partrying for over 2 years...lonly life....but I did what I had to do....ate bananas for dinner...walked miles at a time to save on bus fare.....

Did what I had to do.

That's mildly interesting tale, but does not in any way address my question/point.

Everyone on the right has trouble with these points, the song and dance is frantic.

Do you believe that few business owners started off as a small one person show working 15 hour days?

To the contrary, most business owners started off as a one man show working 15 hour days 6 and 7 days a week.

My oldr son started a buisness two summers ago. Needed no capital...just a lot of phone marketing and database development....he built his product (a service) and marketed it by calling 3everyoine and anyone that may need his service. IN the meantime, his friends were deliverting pizzas...He could not go out on a saturday night for his srevice was a 7 day a week service. His friends DID go out at night.

BY the end of his second quarter, he was generating a 3500 a month net profit, By the time he found he hated what he did for a living he was making 6K a month profit and so he sold it off (really just the database) and started a new career working for a company as a marketing rep.

Making 50K a year but he got the position based on what he learned starting his own.

It didn't answer the way the left require you to answer. You're supposed to blame some mythical rich person for all your troubles. And it would have been better had you not dragged yourself up by your bootstraps and changed your life.

Yet...............our poor somehow maintain a lifestyle that makes them among the 5% of richest humans on planet Earth.

Our poor usually own a car. Have a home (owned or gov't subsidized). Get free healthcare. Get free education. Get free outright handout cash. Get free internet. Own a cell phone (most important to most of them, many have more expensive cell phones than the middle class). Our "poor" live a life that the other 90% of "poor" people in the world would envy.

And last...but not least...our poor are FAT. OBESE. CHUBBY.

That means our poor enjoy a life that allows them a massive calorie surplus, combined with an extreme lack of physical activity.

Let me put that into a better perspective for you libtards.

If Calories taken in > Calories used as energy, a person becomes FAT.

Our poor suffer an epidemic of fat-assedness. Michelle My Bell Obama is harping on this.

Which means what?

Our "poor" are taking in massive numbers of calories (aka, food).

Our "poor" are peforming far less physical work than needed to burn this.

Which means our poor are overfed and underworked.

And they are NOT happy with this?

The world is laughing at our poor.

It worked for me.

Did what I had to do.

15 hours a day?

You pansie

I had a boss that was in at 5 and not out until midnight. and that was after he was a millionair.

And on the weekends, he sheered sheep and sold the wool.

How he had time to get married and have kids, I'll never know. But they were all happy.

then UI
Now it's obamacare

fair.

Well...I need to ask...

Then I must assume a roof over your head is a right seeing as you most definitely need that to survive.

And clothing is a must for without it you cannot get a job to get food and a roof over your head

And it will all be done in the name of fairness.

fyi; We already provide food and shelter. It's called welfare and housing. You still have to buy cloths, but you don't need them to get a job as long as you have a kid under the age of 18.

Isn't fairness great?

It snowed here on Long Island...the third storm in 4 weeks.

Schools, again, were closed.

As with many areas in the tri state area,,,,there are lower income areas within a half a mile from my house.

I have yet to see a single kid out shovelling for money....NOT ONE over 3 storms.

I have not seen a single adult either for that matter.

I would pay anyone 100 bucks to shovel a double driveway and a 60 foot sidewalk....took me about 2 hours each time...about 1 1/2 feet of now each time

Where were they?

then UI
Now it's obamacare

fair.

Well...I need to ask...

fyi; We already provide food and shelter. It's called welfare and housing. You still have to buy cloths, but you don't need them to get a job as long as you have a kid under the age of 18.

Isn't fairness great?

Simple math of the fitness world shows a perfect image of our poor.

Our poor suffer from an obesity problem. The Obamas said so themselves.

Which means they consume more calories than they burn.

Which means our "poor" are:

A) Overfed
B) Underworked

then UI
Now it's obamacare

fair.

Well...I need to ask...

Isn't fairness great?

Simple math of the fitness world shows a perfect image of our poor.

Our poor suffer from an obesity problem. The Obamas said so themselves.

Which means they consume more calories than they burn.

Which means our "poor" are:

A) Overfed
B) Underworked

If our poor were working so hard, and had so little, they wouldn't be fat. But they are.

There are billions of people in the world who do not get enough calories a day, and burn more than they take in. It's why you don't see many fat Chinese people, or fat Africans, or fat Muslims. They work harder, and have less food.

Our "poor", however, get overfed and underworked. Yet complain.

As with many areas in the tri state area,,,,there are lower income areas within a half a mile from my house.

I have yet to see a single kid out shovelling for money....NOT ONE over 3 storms.

I would pay anyone 100 bucks to shovel a double driveway and a 60 foot sidewalk....took me about 2 hours each time...about 1 1/2 feet of now each time

Where were they?

Where do you live? I'll send my daughter. she wants money and will do anything (legal) to get it.

Where were they?

Once again, back to my simple math. Our poor are fat. Which means they take in more calories than they burn.

They are overfed and underworked.

If the low income folks you speak of had the type of work ethic that kept them unfat, they'd be shoveling snow. They aren't. They are home, eating, laying down, getting fatter, and bitching about income inequality.

Where were they?

Where do you live? I'll send my daughter. she wants money and will do anything (legal) to get it.

Nassau County.

You want to hear something sad?

Guy down the block...I know him well....He re-fied and took one of those ARM with the teaser rate. He had a good job when he took it. He bragged to me about the cash out he got and theboat he bought with it. He further attempoted to make me look like a fool for refi ing with a fixed rate...telling me how much money I am trhowing away.
We had a debate about it...but he wanted to be right...and I wanted to be careful....and the friendship sort of died...
Anyway, he lost his job and his rate spiked at the same time. His son worked for the same company in the mailroom and was fired as well as it was deemed a conflict of interest (or so he said). He called me to see if I would employ his son...and I would have, but I had a full house already.

Anyway, his house in in foreclosure....but after the first storm, I called him and asked him if his son could shovel for me as I needed to get to work. He said his son had a rough night and was still sleeping. I told him to have his son call me whenever it snows and my house is a job for him.

Never got a call....and the kid collects unemployment...and the father complains about the rich business owners...the evil mortgage lenders....and still has his boat.

^^

Great example. Sucks for that guy. But so many people have convinced themselves they are above good honest labor.

Lefties are really bad about this. They get a degree in art or diversity or some other liberal bullshit. Then when they can't find a job, they refuse to take low level stuff because they are convinced they are too enlightened to take it. All while bitching about rich people. And probably while existing in fatness.

Where were they?

Nassau County.

You want to hear something sad?

Guy down the block...I know him well....He re-fied and took one of those ARM with the teaser rate. He had a good job when he took it. He bragged to me about the cash out he got and theboat he bought with it. He further attempoted to make me look like a fool for refi ing with a fixed rate...telling me how much money I am trhowing away.
We had a debate about it...but he wanted to be right...and I wanted to be careful....and the friendship sort of died...
Anyway, he lost his job and his rate spiked at the same time. His son worked for the same company in the mailroom and was fired as well as it was deemed a conflict of interest (or so he said). He called me to see if I would employ his son...and I would have, but I had a full house already.

Anyway, his house in in foreclosure....but after the first storm, I called him and asked him if his son could shovel for me as I needed to get to work. He said his son had a rough night and was still sleeping. I told him to have his son call me whenever it snows and my house is a job for him.

Never got a call....and the kid collects unemployment...and the father complains about the rich business owners...the evil mortgage lenders....and still has his boat.

Reading that story made me think of Karma and trains.

Seems like someone didn't look both ways and got run over by the Karma train.

^^

Great example. Sucks for that guy. But so many people have convinced themselves they are above good honest labor.

Lefties are really bad about this. They get a degree in art or diversity or some other liberal bullshit. Then when they can't find a job, they refuse to take low level stuff because they are convinced they are too enlightened to take it. All while bitching about rich people. And probably while existing in fatness.
With a cell phone, a HDTV that gets 500 channels, and internet access.

Forum List

Back