Wealth Distribution in the United States

I love the black arguement, and the idea that you attack the weakest of our lot, the kids. You guys should get an award for your thoughful response to this thread.

Funny...avoid the topic and only attack a small part of the topic./

Truth is, there was some very disturbing target advertising to those in the ghetto...I never mentioned race mind you.....and it resulted in not only money being spent that was needed for more impoortant things.......but it also resulted in theft and murder....

You opted to make it a black argument....I am referring to the target marketing to the poor for luxury items

Hey man, I brought up the black argument. Only because facts show blacks make up a large % of the poor in our country. Facts are facts. Drive through any government housing project in America. Blacks make up the 99% majority. And yes, the 25 year olds who grew up there and still live there are caught in generational dependency. If you tallied up all the money they dropped in unnecessary things, they coulda afforded college. Or an apartment outside section 8.

Oh...dont get me wrong....the black population most certainly makes up a large majority of the poor. I mean, lets be real.....it wasnt until this generation that they truly had equal footing...and some still argue that they dont...and maybe they dont.
But the poor are the poor...and color is not at all a factor.

This is all a product of the entitlement mindset, fostered by the left in order to expand their voter base - that you are entitled to any number of things; if you cannot provide them for yourself, someone else must provide them for you - and we'll make sure they do!

And it started out small. They used a catastrophy to get welfare
then UI
then the Department of this, that and everything in between
Now it's obamacare
tomorrow it will be cars, trucks, homes, furniture, and the carpet must match the drapes or it's not

fair.

It started with the founding fathers, so your history & theory are both blown to pieces. And as the population grows, naturally more benefits will be added.

Wow! I did not know that.

What was the name of the entitlment program that the founders created?

Funny...avoid the topic and only attack a small part of the topic./

Truth is, there was some very disturbing target advertising to those in the ghetto...I never mentioned race mind you.....and it resulted in not only money being spent that was needed for more impoortant things.......but it also resulted in theft and murder....

You opted to make it a black argument....I am referring to the target marketing to the poor for luxury items

Hey man, I brought up the black argument. Only because facts show blacks make up a large % of the poor in our country. Facts are facts. Drive through any government housing project in America. Blacks make up the 99% majority. And yes, the 25 year olds who grew up there and still live there are caught in generational dependency. If you tallied up all the money they dropped in unnecessary things, they coulda afforded college. Or an apartment outside section 8.

Oh...dont get me wrong....the black population most certainly makes up a large majority of the poor. I mean, lets be real.....it wasnt until this generation that they truly had equal footing...and some still argue that they dont...and maybe they dont.

True.

Lefties who are so obsessed with race are the same ones who have knee-jerk reactions and accuse racism when someone wants to have an honest discussion about it. And race/poverty have a common link in this country.

There is a serious issue in the black community with generational dependency. Until that attitude changes, their plight will remain bleak. Thats not to say only blacks are poor. Poor people in America come in all colors. However, the plague of generational dependency typically comes from large numbers of peers who view government dependency as a social norm. Just part of daily life, and expected to be done by their children, grandchildren, etc, etc. And large numbers of blacks all sharing a life of poverty in the USA breeds that acceptance among peers of dependency. Until that cycle breaks, that population will only see the isolated person rise above the conditions, while the majority remain in the cycle.

Becuase littel black kids are entitled to a pair of Nike sneakers.

In fact, when a black kid in the ghetto adds up how much money he spent (or his parent(s)) in his past 10 years on:

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

I bet if you add all that up, it's be well enough to cover the cost of a 2 year associates degree at a local community college.

Factor that for a 28 year old, still living in the ghetto, and he'd be up near a 4 year degree at a state college.

I love the black arguement, and the idea that you attack the weakest of our lot, the kids. You guys should get an award for your thoughful response to this thread.

Do black people not make up a disproportinate number of our poor? We're talking about reality here, not liberal fantasy land.

Lets say they make up 75% of the poor. What is your point? That the retard social program was a failure and has end up costing you ten times more by denying them the best education like we did whites? You are getting your Retard reality.

And I am really not sure what the tennis shoe list is about. Does most white kids have those same items? Isn't that standard? Or maybe you want the blacks to go to school in rags and bare foot so you can feel superior?

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

And it started out small. They used a catastrophy to get welfare
then UI
then the Department of this, that and everything in between
Now it's obamacare
tomorrow it will be cars, trucks, homes, furniture, and the carpet must match the drapes or it's not

fair.

It started with the founding fathers, so your history & theory are both blown to pieces. And as the population grows, naturally more benefits will be added.

Wow! I did not know that.

What was the name of the entitlment program that the founders created?

The Constitution.

Apparantly, the left thinks that document enables social entitlement for life?:cuckoo:

You are regurgitrating what the left wants you to believe.

Like I said earlier.....people nowadays without drive take those jobs where "pushing a button" is the primary responsibility. How can one work "harder" when pushing a button?

Sure, it used to be setting up the lathe, inserting the stock, clibrating...and those that worked hard had little to no watse and error.... yes, they were promoted to set up men, mechanics, etc.

Now? They are thirlled to get a job pushing a button and watching the machine run the stock and be there if the alarm goes off due to a jam.

But maybe if they had drive, they would take a class on programming the lathe?

How the hell does anyone work harder doing nothing more than taking overflow calls from the vpoicemail system.

Sure the upper management reaps the rewards. They still need to work hard...and harder to get ahead...Technology has yet to replace ones creativity, intellignece, reasoning and presentatioin skills.

Maybe if the lower ranks drive to apply THOSE skills, they would be able to get ahead?

Simplistic rightwing "American Dream" nonsense

Its the same old..."You are not succeeding because you are not working hard enough". American productivity is as high as anywhere in the world and the worker has less and less to show for it. Guess what? Trickle down ain't happening.

Workers are higher trained, work longer hours and have less to show for it. Management has been telling labor for the last decade that everyone has to make do with less while they turn around and take more for themselves

Do you not notice that all you are doing is tossing out catch phrases?

Workers are higher trained....really? In what way? DO you know that skill and training was required to run a mutli spindle lathe...now the only skill necessary is to know what "on and oiff" mean to run a CNC lathe.

Work longer hours....really? Exactly where do you see that happening? JUst a catch phrase.

Telling labor that they have to take less? Hell, if it were prosperous times and someone said that to me, I would find another job.

But as for taking less? Do you feel that a switchboard operator in the day of voicemail should be making more (in todays dollars) than a switchbord operator of 20 years ago?

Dont you see how you are just regurgitating catch phrases just like the puppeteers want you to?

Yes, I am familiar with metal work and have a son who is a welder. It goes beyond pushing a button, like you say. Progress is progress and jobs change. That does not mean that the value of labor is now worthless.

In many towns and cities in this country, workers do not have the options of just moving when they don't like the conditions. The jobs are not there.

Workers are higher trained than they were a generation or two ago. Back then a High School diploma was the norm....if you graduated at all. You could leave highschool and get a job that would support you the rest of your life. On that blue collar salary you could buy a house, raise five kids, send them to college and never have to have your wife work

Now, it is hard to do that with a college degree. The standard wage of working Americans has not kept pace with rising costs. Workers have been sold on doing the same jobs for less salary and benefits. While the workers have suffered during tough economic times, management incentives have reached unprecidented levels

JFK once said a rising tide lifts all boats. In our current economy, the rising tide only lifts the yachts

Do black people not make up a disproportinate number of our poor? We're talking about reality here, not liberal fantasy land.

Lets say they make up 75% of the poor. What is your point? That the retard social program was a failure and has end up costing you ten times more by denying them the best education like we did whites? You are getting your Retard reality.

And I am really not sure what the tennis shoe list is about. Does most white kids have those same items? Isn't that standard? Or maybe you want the blacks to go to school in rags and bare foot so you can feel superior?

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

I am a 5 percenter and my kids never wore sneakwers that cost more than 50 bucks. Didnt have cell phones until they had their own after school jobs....never bought a rap CD with my money.....never bought rims for their cars with my money....and never bought "bling" with my money.

OUr schools have 3 classes in it....rich middle poor.....my kids were rich/moiddle and had way less than many of the poor..

Now sure...you can say I am full oif shit.

Thats the easy way out...But lets be real....you know what the truth is....

True.

Lefties who are so obsessed with race are the same ones who have knee-jerk reactions and accuse racism when someone wants to have an honest discussion about it. And race/poverty have a common link in this country.

There is a serious issue in the black community with generational dependency. Until that attitude changes, their plight will remain bleak. Thats not to say only blacks are poor. Poor people in America come in all colors. However, the plague of generational dependency typically comes from large numbers of peers who view government dependency as a social norm. Just part of daily life, and expected to be done by their children, grandchildren, etc, etc. And large numbers of blacks all sharing a life of poverty in the USA breeds that acceptance among peers of dependency. Until that cycle breaks, that population will only see the isolated person rise above the conditions, while the majority remain in the cycle.

And how does increasing the divide between the rich and poor help get rid of generational poverty??

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

You are contradicting yourself.

You say the social programs failed. Then say it's wrong that we expect them to go to school in clothing less expensive than their white peers. So whats the answer? MORE handouts?

Fact is, ANY poor person in America is born capable of lifting themselves out of poverty if they truly want to. Most do not.

So how do we give them the best education "like whites"? Vouchers? Left wing blocked that. Make the good white school teachers do double duty, and teach the black kids by day, white kids by night? Nope, can't happen.

The ONLY way, the ONLY answer, is that community to stop depending on the government, and lift themselves out of poverty. Stop spending money on unnecessary shit, earn your high school diploma, etc, etc.

Yes white kids buy expensive shit too. Their parents are probably married and middle class. Their parents, or their parents before them, laid down a sacrifice to lift themselves out of poverty, so their kids down the road would be able to buy dumbass shoes.

However, the parents in poverty aren't in a position to do that. Say no to shoes, ipod, cell phone, say yes to save that scarce money for college. Right? Or do poor people deserve, no, are they entitled, to every joy that someone else gets?

True.

And how does increasing the divide between the rich and poor help get rid of generational poverty??

It doesn't. That is a spurrious argument. One doesn't affect the other.

Generational poverty can only be changed if that population has a change of mindset. Of refusing to remain dependent. But it is so ingrained, they cant.

You mean we have to develop our own retirement plans? We have to buy our own health insurance? How scandalous! How dare these evil (insert word here) make us take responsibility for our own lives!

I mean it's not like I should be paid for my labor or for providing some benefit to the community. I should just be given everything. Much more fair that way.

In other words, to conservatives, the bigger the gap between rich and poor,

the better the system is working.

Well it certainly indicates more wealth is being created. You see, there is a bottom limit to poverty. $0. which means the more wealth there is, by definition, there will be a bigger gap between $0 and the wealthy.

More wealth in a society is good. If everyone was poor, then no one could provide charity towards the poor.

Last edited:

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

I am a 5 percenter and my kids never wore sneakwers that cost more than 50 bucks. Didnt have cell phones until they had their own after school jobs....never bought a rap CD with my money.....never bought rims for their cars with my money....and never bought "bling" with my money.

OUr schools have 3 classes in it....rich middle poor.....my kids were rich/moiddle and had way less than many of the poor..

So your point is your kids had the same toys. Thanks for answering truthfully.

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

:clap2:

I grew up middle/lower. We enjoyed a nice childhood. We wore clothes from Wal-Mart, not a brand name. We wore hand me down shoes from "Gilberts" a local store that took damaged name brand shoes from the mall, and sold them cheap. We had a Nintendo, which was nice. Very modest upbringing, all on a single mom's 2 waitressing jobs (we never took a gov't handout, she just worked her ass off). But after graduation, she was able to pay my first 2 years of college off saved wages.

I had friends on my high school football team who were poor. But they wore the newest Jordans. Had gold chains. Spent all their money from a part time job to get loud speakers in their cars, tinted windows, rims, etc, etc. They still live in the poor part of town, and never improved their lifestyle.

It's priorities and parenting. Not handouts.

Simplistic rightwing "American Dream" nonsense

Its the same old..."You are not succeeding because you are not working hard enough". American productivity is as high as anywhere in the world and the worker has less and less to show for it. Guess what? Trickle down ain't happening.

Workers are higher trained, work longer hours and have less to show for it. Management has been telling labor for the last decade that everyone has to make do with less while they turn around and take more for themselves

Workers are higher trained....really? In what way? DO you know that skill and training was required to run a mutli spindle lathe...now the only skill necessary is to know what "on and oiff" mean to run a CNC lathe.

Work longer hours....really? Exactly where do you see that happening? JUst a catch phrase.

Telling labor that they have to take less? Hell, if it were prosperous times and someone said that to me, I would find another job.

But as for taking less? Do you feel that a switchboard operator in the day of voicemail should be making more (in todays dollars) than a switchbord operator of 20 years ago?

Dont you see how you are just regurgitating catch phrases just like the puppeteers want you to?

Yes, I am familiar with metal work and have a son who is a welder. It goes beyond pushing a button, like you say. Progress is progress and jobs change. That does not mean that the value of labor is now worthless.

In many towns and cities in this country, workers do not have the options of just moving when they don't like the conditions. The jobs are not there.

Workers are higher trained than they were a generation or two ago. Back then a High School diploma was the norm....if you graduated at all. You could leave highschool and get a job that would support you the rest of your life. On that blue collar salary you could buy a house, raise five kids, send them to college and never have to have your wife work

Now, it is hard to do that with a college degree. The standard wage of working Americans has not kept pace with rising costs. Workers have been sold on doing the same jobs for less salary and benefits. While the workers have suffered during tough economic times, management incentives have reached unprecidented levels

JFK once said a rising tide lifts all boats. In our current economy, the rising tide only lifts the yachts

So again, I say your complaint is with technology...not business owners.

If you were buying a new car and you were told that you could buy a car that would use half the gas, cost you a little more than a regular car...but not require any maintenance WHATSOEVER for 5 years GUARANTEED due to new technology....would you buy the car?

Naturally, it would put many mechanics out of a job...and many gas station attendants....but it would help your personal bottom line. Would you resist out of concern for those that you will force out of a job? Lets say you were already very comfortable and dint need to save on the use of a mechanic...but the op[potunity was there to buy a car that ddint require a mechanic....would you not buy it?

Do you pay less for self serve or more for full serve gas? I bet you use self serve. You realize such put thousands out of work.

Why is it that a business owner is blasted for allowing technology to make his life more comfortable.....but non businmess owners do it every day as well?

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

Did you read what he said?

His kids had less gadgets and fancy shit than the poor kids, probably because as a parent he didn't waste money on unnecessary fashion pieces for his kids, but rather taught them about work and earning.

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

wow...

Thats your response?

My kids had much of such "toys"....after the age of 15 when they were working.
But they were well behind many of the poor that had them at a much younger age.

So again, I say your complaint is with technology...not business owners.

If you were buying a new car and you were told that you could buy a car that would use half the gas, cost you a little more than a regular car...but not require any maintenance WHATSOEVER for 5 years GUARANTEED due to new technology....would you buy the car?

Naturally, it would put many mechanics out of a job...and many gas station attendants....but it would help your personal bottom line. Would you resist out of concern for those that you will force out of a job? Lets say you were already very comfortable and dint need to save on the use of a mechanic...but the op[potunity was there to buy a car that ddint require a mechanic....would you not buy it?

Do you pay less for self serve or more for full serve gas? I bet you use self serve. You realize such put thousands out of work.

Why is it that a business owner is blasted for allowing technology to make his life more comfortable.....but non businmess owners do it every day as well?

Well put.

All these libs that hate the rich with all their passion do not realize how many similar decisions they themselves make in day to day life.

But a Prius? You're hurting a local gas station owner.
Buy twirly Al Gore lightbulbs? You're hurting a local stiff who works at the bulb factory.
Buy only local produce? You're hurting the long haul trucker that delivers fruit.
Use Starbucks internet? You're hurting the local lady who works the desk at the cable company.
Buy hand me down clothes? How bout the girl working sales at Old Navy?

Liberals make the same decisions day to day that a rich person does, relative to each person's stake in life, yet bash the rich for daring make decisions that they themselves would also make.

You mean we have to develop our own retirement plans? We have to buy our own health insurance? How scandalous! How dare these evil (insert word here) make us take responsibility for our own lives!

I mean it's not like I should be paid for my labor or for providing some benefit to the community. I should just be given everything. Much more fair that way.

You don't have either health insurance or a retirement plan?

Actually, I have both, though it's really none of your business whether I did or not.

I also am not planning to retire. I intend to work till the end.

RW...the truth is, the value of a low level worker is shrinking...no question about it.
Wherever human intrelligence is not required, technology has or soon will replace the need for a human worker.

Would you prefer going back to 10 cents for a 411 call or do you prefer it free since it is now all compouterized?

Business owners are taking dvantage of technology....and so is everyone.

Nowadays, you cn not get away with being a dick in high school and getting by anyway....the world is a different place.

Everyone needs to set goals at a young age and strive to meet them.

It used to be....hey, if you drop out, you get a job pumping gas...and when you mature, you start to learn about engines and become a mechanic...and maybe even open uyour own gas station/service station.

Now?

That job pumping gas doesnt exist.

Welcome to the present.

- Sneakers
- Cell phones
- Rap CD's
- Rims for a car(s)
- Cable television
- Jewelry

:clap2:

I grew up middle/lower. We enjoyed a nice childhood. We wore clothes from Wal-Mart, not a brand name. We wore hand me down shoes from "Gilberts" a local store that took damaged name brand shoes from the mall, and sold them cheap. We had a Nintendo, which was nice. Very modest upbringing, all on a single mom's 2 waitressing jobs (we never took a gov't handout, she just worked her ass off). But after graduation, she was able to pay my first 2 years of college off saved wages.

I had friends on my high school football team who were poor. But they wore the newest Jordans. Had gold chains. Spent all their money from a part time job to get loud speakers in their cars, tinted windows, rims, etc, etc. They still live in the poor part of town, and never improved their lifestyle.

It's priorities and parenting. Not handouts.

Nice display of the gap between the rich & poor taking hold in America. Thank you for your truthfulness.

Forum List

Back