We should have more folks giving stock recommendations. Not a lot of posts about this.

Apparently, there is something called a melt up occurring where the stock market is doing great. I am no expert on this thing at all, but my stock broker friend told me of a so-called melt up where a number of companies are going to be seeing their stocks increased dramatically in a relatively short period of time.

Since I have bought Victoria’s Secret and Snapchat they are both up over 50% in a very short period of time. Wow hope everyone got in on the fun

And Victoria’s Secret is at $28 a share now still nowhere near as High Point of 75. They got rid of their far left wing woke for broke strategy folks take a look at Victoria’s Secret. But of course invest at your own risk.

Innernetz 'investors' all make huge scores every week here. They're all geniuses like yourself. Never mind most of them couldn't name the CEO or the CFO to save their lives or read a 10K, or even fill out their own tax returns, they know all about stocks and have near perfect timing.

It's crap!
If people bought bitcoin 12 months ago it was about $15,000 a coin now it’s about 43,000 a coin last I checked…. It’s down from its Highpoint of about 68k per coin tho

One guy owns about $5 billion worth of bitcoin I believe. If he sells, it’s going to tilt the market I wouldn’t imagine.

This crypto thing made some people super rich of course if they were lucky enough one could say to buy it for pennies and sell it for thousands.

What stocks do you recommend?

Fire away folks.

Ok and give your opinions about Ethereum and bitcoin. They are down from their high points, but up around 100% this year.
I'm leery of internet stock tips. Have observed too many day traders giving glowing accolades to this or that stock hoping the gullible will buy in pushing the stock up for that one day. The day traders take their profit and run leaving the other buyers with a deficit that too often they don't recover from.

There ought to be a law. . .

I'm leery of internet stock tips. Have observed too many day traders giving glowing accolades to this or that stock hoping the gullible will buy in pushing the stock up for that one day. The day traders take their profit and run leaving the other buyers with a deficit that too often they don't recover from.

There ought to be a law. . .
I suspect it’s really not much different from the stock tips offered on CNBC or similar from Jim Kramer. Some people have lost a lot of money on Jim Kramer’s advice. I’m sure others have made some.

All the stocks I bought were pretty much based on a feel. Lyft, Snapchat, PayPal, Nike, Victoria’s Secret are all up. Some of them up 30 to 40%. The only one I sold was Victoria’s Secret.

But I did lose quite a bit on an electric car component company. I’m also down on rumble stock IBut I did lose quite a bit on an electric car component company. I’m also down on rumble stock. I bought it at about $5.38.

I’m only up a little bit on stock altogether. I’m considering making some big moves next year though. I have no idea what to do. That is to say reinvest in the companies I’ve invested in or find new ones.

Fire away folks.

Ok and give your opinions about Ethereum and bitcoin. They are down from their high points, but up around 100% this year.
1702279995612.png

Here's my recommendation. Pretty effective stocks, I'd say.

If people bought bitcoin 12 months ago it was about $15,000 a coin now it’s about 43,000 a coin last I checked…. It’s down from its Highpoint of about 68k per coin tho

One guy owns about $5 billion worth of bitcoin I believe. If he sells, it’s going to tilt the market I wouldn’t imagine.

This crypto thing made some people super rich of course if they were lucky enough one could say to buy it for pennies and sell it for thousands.

What stocks do you recommend?
Idk man. Whatever's down that's on the list. :dunno:

"The list" is just companies you're fairly sure aren't going to go out of business.

I exclude "General" anything and BoA and Disney and FB because they're evil.

and Dupont and Big Pharma, because fuck them, too.

It’s the stock market section of the forms. Perhaps contribute or stay out of it.

Most people understand the point of the Stock Market section is to discuss the news of the day in the world of stocks, not to solicit free advice from strangers

Apparently, there is something called a melt up occurring where the stock market is doing great. I am no expert on this thing at all, but my stock broker friend told me of a so-called melt up where a number of companies are going to be seeing their stocks increased dramatically in a relatively short period of time.
Melt-ups are when stocks start rising in value based on the expectation that they will be more valuable in the future than their current performance suggests. In this case, your broker friend is probably expecting some companies' stocks to rise as interest rates start to decline because people who bounced into bonds as rates climbed will be bouncing back into stocks as interest rates fall.

Since I mainly buy stocks with a long window to hold them in mind when I do buy, I wouldn't use that as a metric. I still look at the performance of the company and what it has going on. I am a fuddy duddy like that.

Melt-ups are when stocks start rising in value based on the expectation that they will be more valuable in the future than their current performance suggests. In this case, your broker friend is probably expecting some companies' stocks to rise as interest rates start to decline because people who bounced into bonds as rates climbed will be bouncing back into stocks as interest rates fall.

Since I mainly buy stocks with a long window to hold them in mind when I do buy, I wouldn't use that as a metric. I still look at the performance of the company and what it has going on. I am a fuddy duddy like that.
Thank you. I heard on the PBD podcasts that within a year or two interest rates might go down to about 5 1/2% on a loan. But not nearly as low as they were under the trumpet administration which I believe were around 2.5% on a home loan.

Some banks around me are offering a 5.5% interest rate on a 12 month CD. I believe if you shop around some offering 6%

The brokerage company Robinhood is offering a money market account as high as 5 1/2%. That’s pretty high I believe compared to other money market accounts with KeyBank for example, which is a local bank here I think in Buffalo and it’s around 2.5%. And there’s no commitment with the money markets it’s all liquid.

Thank you. I heard on the PBD podcasts that within a year or two interest rates might go down to about 5 1/2% on a loan. But not nearly as low as they were under the trumpet administration which I believe were around 2.5% on a home loan.

Some banks around me are offering a 5.5% interest rate on a 12 month CD. I believe if you shop around some offering 6%

The brokerage company Robinhood is offering a money market account as high as 5 1/2%. That’s pretty high I believe compared to other money market accounts with KeyBank for example, which is a local bank here I think in Buffalo and it’s around 2.5%. And there’s no commitment with the money markets it’s all liquid.

Bank loan rates are not nearly as tied to the fed rates as some believe. It is often their internal way to manage the volume of loans. Not making enough, lower rates; getting more applications than they can process, raise rates.

The CD rates at my bank have slid down some over the last 6 months but still are close to 5 when their passbook savings rate is like 0.15% LOL.

I have read that new issue credit cards for people with good credit are in the mid 20's APR and people with marginal credit are over 30% now. It is kind of a race to the bottom it seems. I cringe at the thought of them. My best credit card is 8 some odd fraction percent APR and worst is 11ish % but I keep zero balances and have never been late or over the limit ever. My oldest son who just went off to college is blown away. I told him it was because I have had them longer than he has been alive and got them back when you could get a fixed APR for life and refused to switch them to new cards for lower teaser rates or cash back bonuses and crap because I knew it was a rouse to get me into cards whose rates would change.

Forum List

Back