"We no longer need to kill Bin Laden", claimed Presidential candidate Barack Obama

This is what Obama said before he became President.

Sounds kind of like what Bush said in 06', doesn't it?

Having trouble figuring out where Obama said he is is "truly not concerned" with Bin Laden. Seems to me he's saying if we get Bin Laden trapped in a hole that could be as good as killing him - not really the same as "truly not concerned" unless your a moron hack.

He just changed his mind...like he did on everything else he campaigned on! But it's ok cause it's obama - so we don't have to worry about this stuff, he'll take care of everything (sarcasm off).

'My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him,' he said.

Hmmm. Not really sure what he changed his mind about. You and the OP have trouble understanding English it would appear.

74481_500019366100_18343191100_7455116_5787397_n.jpg

"We no longer need to kill Bin Laden", claims Barack Obama

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 9:34 AM on 15th January 2009

Barack Obama has claimed it is no longer necessary to kill Osama Bin Laden to win the war against al-Qaeda.

In an unprecedented departure from the current wanted 'dead or alive policy,' the U.S. President-Elect said that simply keeping bin Laden holed up in a cave was enough to keep America safe.

'But if we have so tightened his noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America.

'I think that we have to so weaken (his) infrastructure that, whether he is technically alive or not, he is so pinned down that he cannot function.

'I'm confident that we can keep them on the run and ensure that they cannot train terrorists to attack our homeland.

Mr Obama's comments mark a significant move away from the policy pursued by President Bush since the al-Qaeda attacks of September 11 and which he himself endorsed during the election campaign.

Was he telling the truth then or is he now?

Listen folks. You can't have it both ways. Ether Obama was lying when he said this or he was telling the truth, which means at the time getting UBL wasn't all that important to him.

Bush won't be afforded the same consideration but Obama gets a pass.

We're being told by the White House that getting UBL was their number one priority. As is immigration, sealing the BP oil leak, and every other issue that comes up. All of them are described as this Administration's number on priority.

So get your story straight people. Maybe if the truth started seeping in you'd stop pounding your chests like a bunch of Chicken hawks.

We no longer need to kill Bin Laden, claims Barack Obama | Mail Online

I'm sure glad at least his actions spoke louder than words, unlike some people who meant what they said when they said, "I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it".

[youtube]l3bH1IYe9I0[/youtube]​

Ha,ha,ha.

Holy Shit. You actually said this.

If you think Obama is an example of actions that speak louder then words and you continue to defend him then you really aren't thinking.

Obviously his words and his actions rarely match.

A leaders words and actions should match almost all of the time, not just occasionally.

That's what makes one.......well, honest.

Last edited:
Ya gotta understand the Teabagger trailer trash on here. It has been a very hard couple of weeks for them. First, our President released his long form and blew their idiot 'birfers' out of the water. Then we got Bin Laden, for our present President was 'concerned' about him. In the meantime, we have had a sudden and devestating natural disaster, the tornadoes, and now the Mississippi flood. But both have been and are being handled competantly with little fanfare on all governmental levels. Then there is the matter of the GM bailout. Really big profits this quarter for GM. Looks like the bailout will be paid back with a handsome profit.

All of these developments are win-win for everybody in the nation, except the wingnuts that would rather see American Citizens suffer losses than our President succeed.

The death of UBL means nothing... it never did. He's been a non-factor for nearly a decade.

I think it means something to most Americans and always has(well since 9-11). Since he was the face of the 9-11 attacker I think you are dead wrong. Al Queda affliates across the globe will splinter.

74481_500019366100_18343191100_7455116_5787397_n.jpg

Was he telling the truth then or is he now?

Listen folks. You can't have it both ways. Ether Obama was lying when he said this or he was telling the truth, which means at the time getting UBL wasn't all that important to him.

Bush won't be afforded the same consideration but Obama gets a pass.

We're being told by the White House that getting UBL was their number one priority. As is immigration, sealing the BP oil leak, and every other issue that comes up. All of them are described as this Administration's number on priority.

So get your story straight people. Maybe if the truth started seeping in you'd stop pounding your chests like a bunch of Chicken hawks.

We no longer need to kill Bin Laden, claims Barack Obama | Mail Online

I'm sure glad at least his actions spoke louder than words, unlike some people who meant what they said when they said, "I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it".

Ha,ha,ha.

If you think Obama is an example of actions that speak louder then words and you continue to defend him then you really aren't thinking.

A leaders words and actions should match almost all of the time, not just occasionally.

Like Bush when he said Bin Laden didn't really bother him?..

Actually, what Obama said, if you read this quote in context is, if Osama was trapped in a hole, and not involved with the planning and operations of terror attacks, then that would be just as damaging to al qaeda as him being dead.

:thup:.. But don't let that stop your failing effort to discredit Obama no matter what the situation.

I guess it time to beat a dead horse.

If you are right then Obama ordered the execution of an unarmed and possibly innocent man.

Isn't that a criminal act?

Actually, Obama didn't order shit. The decision to take out Osama was a decision made by the SEAL's, whom were prepared to take him alive, if he cooperated. He didn't - he got his brains blown out. True story :thup:.

if Pakistan was unwilling or unable to take action against bin laden, he (Obama) would "take the necessary action". .

Pakistan had a reason not to take action against Usamah:

Interview With Osama bin Laden. Denies His Involvement in 9/11

Full text of Pakistani paper's Sept 2001 "exclusive" interview

Daily Ummat in Urdu, BBC translation in English, 2001

Ummat's introduction

Kabul: Prominent Arab mojahed holy warrior Usamah Bin-Ladin has said that he or his al-Qa'idah group has nothing to do with the 11 September suicidal attacks in Washington and New York. He said the US government should find the attackers within the country. In an exclusive interview with daily "Ummat", he said these attacks could be the act of those who are part of the American system and are rebelling against it and working for some other system. Or, Usamah said, this could be the act of those who want to make the current century a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity. Or, the American Jews, who are opposed to President Bush ever since the Florida elections, might be the masterminds of this act. There is also a great possibility of the involvement of US intelligence agencies, which need billions of dollars worth of funds every year. He said there is a government within the government in the United States.

The secret agencies, he said, should be asked as to who are behind the attacks. Usamah said support for attack on Afghanistan was a matter of need for some Muslim countries and compulsion for others. However, he said, he was thankful to the courageous people of Pakistan who erected a bulwark before the wrong forces. He added that the Islamic world was attaching great expectations with Pakistan and, in time of need, "we will protect this bulwark by sacrificing of lives".

Following is the interview in full detail:

Now why don't I beleive that POS. Oh yeah I remember!

OSAMA BIN LADEN: Text of Fatwah Urging Jihad Against Americans -1998
Published in Al-Quds al-'Arabi on Febuary 23, 1998

Statement signed by Sheikh Usamah Bin-Muhammad Bin-Ladin; Ayman al-Zawahiri, leader of the Jihad Group in Egypt; Abu- Yasir Rifa'i Ahmad Taha, a leader of the Islamic Group; Sheikh Mir Hamzah, secretary of the Jamiat-ul-Ulema-e-Pakistan; and Fazlul Rahman, leader of the Jihad Movement in Bangladesh

Praise be to God, who revealed the Book, controls the clouds, defeats factionalism, and says in His Book "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)"; and peace be upon our Prophet, Muhammad Bin-'Abdallah, who said "I have been sent with the sword between my hands to ensure that no one but God is worshipped, God who put my livelihood under the shadow of my spear and who inflicts humiliation and scorn on those who disobey my orders." The Arabian Peninsula has never--since God made it flat, created its desert, and encircled it with seas--been stormed by any forces like the crusader armies now spreading in it like locusts, consuming its riches and destroying its plantations. All this is happening at a time when nations are attacking Muslims like people fighting over a plate of food. In the light of the grave situation and the lack of support, we and you are obliged to discuss current events, and we should all agree on how to settle the matter.

No one argues today about three facts that are known to everyone; we will list them, in order to remind everyone:

First, for over seven years the United States has been occupying the lands of Islam in the holiest of places, the Arabian Peninsula, plundering its riches, dictating to its rulers, humiliating its people, terrorizing its neighbors, and turning its bases in the Peninsula into a spearhead through which to fight the neighboring Muslim peoples.

If some people have formerly debated the fact of the occupation, all the people of the Peninsula have now acknowledged it.

The best proof of this is the Americans' continuing aggression against the Iraqi people using the Peninsula as a staging post, even though all its rulers are against their territories being used to that end, still they are helpless. Second, despite the great devastation inflicted on the Iraqi people by the crusader-Zionist alliance, and despite the huge number of those killed, in excess of 1 million... despite all this, the Americans are once against trying to repeat the horrific massacres, as though they are not content with the protracted blockade imposed after the ferocious war or the fragmentation and devastation.

So now they come to annihilate what is left of this people and to humiliate their Muslim neighbors.

Third, if the Americans' aims behind these wars are religious and economic, the aim is also to serve the Jews' petty state and divert attention from its occupation of Jerusalem and murder of Muslims there.

The best proof of this is their eagerness to destroy Iraq, the strongest neighboring Arab state, and their endeavor to fragment all the states of the region such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Sudan into paper statelets and through their disunion and weakness to guarantee Israel's survival and the continuation of the brutal crusade occupation of the Peninsula.

All these crimes and sins committed by the Americans are a clear declaration of war on God, his messenger, and Muslims. And ulema have throughout Islamic history unanimously agreed that the jihad is an individual duty if the enemy destroys the Muslim countries. This was revealed by Imam Bin-Qadamah in "Al- Mughni," Imam al-Kisa'i in "Al- Bada'i," al-Qurtubi in his interpretation, and the shaykh of al-Islam in his books, where he said "As for the militant struggle, it is aimed at defending sanctity and religion, and it is a duty as agreed. Nothing is more sacred than belief except repulsing an enemy who is attacking religion and life."

On that basis, and in compliance with God's order, we issue the following fatwa to all Muslims

The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies--civilians and military--is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim.
This is in accordance with the words of Almighty God, "and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together," and "fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in God."

This is in addition to the words of Almighty God "And why should ye not fight in the cause of God and of those who, being weak, are ill-treated and oppressed--women and children, whose cry is 'Our Lord, rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will help!'"

We -- with God's help -- call on every Muslim who believes in God and wishes to be rewarded to comply with God's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. We also call on Muslim ulema, leaders, youths, and soldiers to launch the raid on Satan's U.S. troops and the devil's supporters allying with them, and to displace those who are behind them so that they may learn a lesson.

Almighty God said "O ye who believe, give your response to God and His Apostle, when He calleth you to that which will give you life. And know that God cometh between a man and his heart, and that it is He to whom ye shall all be gathered."

Almighty God also says "O ye who believe, what is the matter with you, that when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of God, ye cling so heavily to the earth! Do ye prefer the life of this world to the hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place; but Him ye would not harm in the least. For God hath power over all things."

He's dead and gone. Praise be to everyone involved in his demise!

Poor neocons...losing their fucking minds because Obama did what their dummy Shrub couldn't do.

The article posted is loaded with "IF's"...bottom line, the man is saying if all goes well, he'd preferred to capture Bin Laden.

Well, as the record shows, when Obama got into office, he put the CIA on the case.....reversing the Shrub's disbanding of the special office set up to get Bin Laden.....and after a lot of painstaking ground work, they got the job done ON PRESIDENT OBAMA'S orders.

Now folk can back and forth as to whether it was a straight up execution or a capture or kill mission...but the bottom line is that if the Shrub had pulled this off, toadies like Mud would be orgasming praise all over this board, and they wouldn't be kvetching about what might have been or trying to infer other that what was previously said.

Grow the fuck up, neocons....YOU'VE JUST HAD ANOTHER TALKING POINT YANKED FROM THE UPCOMING ELECTIONS, AND THE SHRUB'S BOGUS LEGACY JUST GOT A LITTLE BIT SMALLER!

Poor neocons...losing their fucking minds because Obama did what their dummy Shrub couldn't do.

"We know, with a 70 percent level of certainty — which is huge in the world of intelligence — that in August of 2007, bin Laden was in a convoy headed south from Tora Bora. We had his butt, on camera, on satellite. We were listening to his conversations. We had the world’s best hunters/killers — Seal Team 6 — nearby. We had the world class Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) coordinating with the CIA and other agencies. We had unmanned drones overhead with missiles on their wings; we had the best Air Force on the planet, begging to drop one on the terrorist. We had him in our sights; we had done it. Nice job again guys — now, pull the damn trigger."

Unbelievably, and in my opinion, criminally, we did not kill Usama bin Laden.

Ha,ha,ha.

Like Bush when he said Bin Laden didn't really bother him?..

Actually, what Obama said, if you read this quote in context is, if Osama was trapped in a hole, and not involved with the planning and operations of terror attacks, then that would be just as damaging to al qaeda as him being dead.

:thup:.. But don't let that stop your failing effort to discredit Obama no matter what the situation.

Every time Obama opens his big mouth he does that on his own.

Alligator filled moats......My hairy ass.:lol::lol:

'But if we have so tightened his noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America.

'I think that we have to so weaken (his) infrastructure that, whether he is technically alive or not, he is so pinned down that he cannot function.

'I'm confident that we can keep them on the run and ensure that they cannot train terrorists to attack our homeland.

Mr Obama's comments mark a significant move away from the policy pursued by President Bush since the al-Qaeda attacks of September 11 and which he himself endorsed during the election campaign.

What part of that quote says he doesn't want to kill Bin Laden?

As far as I can see he was discussing an alternate strategy to keep the country safe from Al Qaeda while the hunt continued.

I guess it time to beat a dead horse.

If you are right then Obama ordered the execution of an unarmed and possibly innocent man.

Isn't that a criminal act?

Actually, Obama didn't order shit. The decision to take out Osama was a decision made by the SEAL's, whom were prepared to take him alive, if he cooperated. He didn't - he got his brains blown out. True story :thup:.

I'm sure the Seals were scared of the skinny senior-citizen in his undies still wiping sleep out of his eyes.

Trust me. They were more afraid that Eric Holder was gonna lawyer-up the son of a bitch then catch a errant slug from a coward like UBL.

If you want somebody offed, just call Obama. At least that is what he's implying during his speeches.

Well, he's killing the economy, that's for sure.

Last edited:

As far as I can see he was discussing an alternate strategy to keep the country safe from Al Qaeda while the hunt continued.

All this time Obama was talking about Spreading the Wealth, Social Justice, and Collective Salvation, he was really trying to plan strategy to fight terrorists.

Maybe that's why he changed the name of the war on terror to "Overseas Contingency Operation", and called acts of terror "Man-made Disasters".

He was really trying to fool them into thinking the POTUS was a buffoon. What better way to catch them off guard then appear like a pacifistic retard.

Who would have known he was this steely-eyed warrior.

Last edited:

As far as I can see he was discussing an alternate strategy to keep the country safe from Al Qaeda while the hunt continued

HUH?

Was he trying to keep the country safe from "Al Qaeda " or finding ways to ensure that the War Party and its profiteers were making a profit?!?!?

The article posted is loaded with "IF's"...bottom line, the man is saying if all goes well, he'd preferred to capture Bin Laden.

Well, as the record shows, when Obama got into office, he put the CIA on the case.....reversing the Shrub's disbanding of the special office set up to get Bin Laden.....and after a lot of painstaking ground work, they got the job done ON PRESIDENT OBAMA'S orders.

Now folk can back and forth as to whether it was a straight up execution or a capture or kill mission...but the bottom line is that if the Shrub had pulled this off, toadies like Mud would be orgasming praise all over this board, and they wouldn't be kvetching about what might have been or trying to infer other that what was previously said.

Grow the fuck up, neocons....YOU'VE JUST HAD ANOTHER TALKING POINT YANKED FROM THE UPCOMING ELECTIONS, AND THE SHRUB'S BOGUS LEGACY JUST GOT A LITTLE BIT SMALLER!

Does it really matter???

My choice would be to off the guy just to eliminate any show trials.

This is what burns the balls of ConJobs, Repugs and Teabaggers everywhere.

The shrub and dead-eye dick(less) abandoned Afghanistan, turning into an under funded, under manned military operation that languished for years.

The shrub and dead-eye dick(less) allowed bin laden to escape from Tora Bora.

The shrub and dead-eye dick(less) disbanded the group working to find bin laden.

It was President Obama who "If I have actionable Intelligence On The Location of Bin Laden and If Pakistan Is Unwilling or Unable To Act I WILL". Which is exactly what he did. He took action.

Obama did what the shrub and dick(less) failed to do, get bin laden.

Repugs failed. Obama did not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back