"We no longer need to kill Bin Laden", claimed Presidential candidate Barack Obama

Its all about getting the votes.

He said this before he became president because that is what the voters wanted to hear. They wanted something other then bush.

Now he is lagging a bit. Did killing him boost him up or put him down?

Timing is everything in politics. Bait and switch is nothing new.

That being said i am very happy and give him all credit for ordereding the kill shot.

They knew where Bin Laden was since last August. This take out was totally political.

that doesn't make sense. if it were "political", they'd have gotten him next october.

i suppose bush letting him go at tora bora was political, too?

He said this before he became president because that is what the voters wanted to hear. They wanted something other then bush.

That being said i am very happy and give him all credit for ordereding the kill shot.

They knew where Bin Laden was since last August. This take out was totally political.

that doesn't make sense. if it were "political", they'd have gotten him next october.

If that were the case he would have released his birth certificate next Oct too. Obama needed the boost now. He's facing a still stagnating economy and high gas prices which are only going to further impact the economy. Summer travel will be off. Food prices are rising. The housing market is predicted to slump. Nothing but bad news on the horizon so it was time for a shot of adrenaline.

They figured out that UBL was basically under house arrest,so he wasn't going anywhere. They've known where he was since last Summer.

It was political. Donald Trump raised hell about his long form, so he released it and The Donald said "Look what I got this prick to produce in a few weeks that nobody could get him to produce in 2 1/2 years".

So Obama wanted to get rid of him, decided that now was the time, and gave the order.

Has anyone heard word one from Donald Trump since???

I'm just saying.

Last edited:

Yeah, because taking him out right before the 2010 election, when the Democrats were in dire need of a boost,

THAT wouldn't make POLITICAL sense. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol, you people have to learn to think before you post.

If that were the case he would have released his birth certificate next Oct too. Obama needed the boost now. He's facing a still stagnating economy and high gas prices which are only going to further impact the economy. Summer travel will be off. Food prices are rising. The housing market is predicted to slump. Nothing but bad news on the horizon so it was time for a shot of adrenaline.

What the fuck ever. Can't you hacks on either side EVER just let it go?

Ya gotta understand the Teabagger trailer trash on here. It has been a very hard couple of weeks for them. First, our President released his long form and blew their idiot 'birfers' out of the water. Then we got Bin Laden, for our present President was 'concerned' about him. In the meantime, we have had a sudden and devestating natural disaster, the tornadoes, and now the Mississippi flood. But both have been and are being handled competantly with little fanfare on all governmental levels. Then there is the matter of the GM bailout. Really big profits this quarter for GM. Looks like the bailout will be paid back with a handsome profit.

All of these developments are win-win for everybody in the nation, except the wingnuts that would rather see American Citizens suffer losses than our President succeed.

Ya gotta understand the Teabagger trailer trash on here. It has been a very hard couple of weeks for them. First, our President released his long form and blew their idiot 'birfers' out of the water. Then we got Bin Laden, for our present President was 'concerned' about him. In the meantime, we have had a sudden and devestating natural disaster, the tornadoes, and now the Mississippi flood. But both have been and are being handled competantly with little fanfare on all governmental levels. Then there is the matter of the GM bailout. Really big profits this quarter for GM. Looks like the bailout will be paid back with a handsome profit.

All of these developments are win-win for everybody in the nation, except the wingnuts that would rather see American Citizens suffer losses than our President succeed.

Actually we'd like actual solutions instead of a constant string of wedge-issues being used for political purposes.

if Pakistan was unwilling or unable to take action against bin laden, he (Obama) would "take the necessary action". .

Pakistan had a reason not to take action against Usamah:

Interview With Osama bin Laden. Denies His Involvement in 9/11

Full text of Pakistani paper's Sept 2001 "exclusive" interview

Daily Ummat in Urdu, BBC translation in English, 2001

Ummat's introduction

Kabul: Prominent Arab mojahed holy warrior Usamah Bin-Ladin has said that he or his al-Qa'idah group has nothing to do with the 11 September suicidal attacks in Washington and New York. He said the US government should find the attackers within the country. In an exclusive interview with daily "Ummat", he said these attacks could be the act of those who are part of the American system and are rebelling against it and working for some other system. Or, Usamah said, this could be the act of those who want to make the current century a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity. Or, the American Jews, who are opposed to President Bush ever since the Florida elections, might be the masterminds of this act. There is also a great possibility of the involvement of US intelligence agencies, which need billions of dollars worth of funds every year. He said there is a government within the government in the United States.

The secret agencies, he said, should be asked as to who are behind the attacks. Usamah said support for attack on Afghanistan was a matter of need for some Muslim countries and compulsion for others. However, he said, he was thankful to the courageous people of Pakistan who erected a bulwark before the wrong forces. He added that the Islamic world was attaching great expectations with Pakistan and, in time of need, "we will protect this bulwark by sacrificing of lives".

Following is the interview in full detail:

The death of UBL means nothing... it never did. He's been a non-factor for nearly a decade.

The death of UBL means nothing... it never did. He's been a non-factor for nearly a decade.

Not according to the intelligence we got when he was killed. Intelligence we got because the President made the best decision possible by not just bombing the shit out of the compound.

Pathetic that the right would want to marginalize this victory for the American people.

Suuuuure. :eusa_whistle:

74481_500019366100_18343191100_7455116_5787397_n.jpg

"We no longer need to kill Bin Laden", claims Barack Obama

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 9:34 AM on 15th January 2009

Barack Obama has claimed it is no longer necessary to kill Osama Bin Laden to win the war against al-Qaeda.

In an unprecedented departure from the current wanted 'dead or alive policy,' the U.S. President-Elect said that simply keeping bin Laden holed up in a cave was enough to keep America safe.

'My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him,' he said.

'But if we have so tightened his noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives then we will meet our goal of protecting America.

'I think that we have to so weaken (his) infrastructure that, whether he is technically alive or not, he is so pinned down that he cannot function.

'I'm confident that we can keep them on the run and ensure that they cannot train terrorists to attack our homeland.

Mr Obama's comments mark a significant move away from the policy pursued by President Bush since the al-Qaeda attacks of September 11 and which he himself endorsed during the election campaign.

This is what Obama said before he became President.

Sounds kind of like what Bush said in 06', doesn't it?

Was he telling the truth then or is he now?

Listen folks. You can't have it both ways. Ether Obama was lying when he said this or he was telling the truth, which means at the time getting UBL wasn't all that important to him.

Bush won't be afforded the same consideration but Obama gets a pass.

We're being told by the White House that getting UBL was their number one priority. As is immigration, sealing the BP oil leak, and every other issue that comes up. All of them are described as this Administration's number on priority.

So get your story straight people. Maybe if the truth started seeping in you'd stop pounding your chests like a bunch of Chicken hawks.

We no longer need to kill Bin Laden, claims Barack Obama | Mail Online

I'm sure glad at least his actions spoke louder than words, unlike some people who meant what they said when they said, "I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it".

[youtube]l3bH1IYe9I0[/youtube]​

"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children, and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children, and other people."

Osama bin Laden

Forum List

Back