Watch Out! He's Got A Pencil!

Do you know why Tylenol has an aluminum seal on it when you buy it?

It didn't used to.

There is more than one way to commit mass murder when you put your mind to it.

I guess I've never heard of the Tylenol murderer.

Google it... it is the reason we have tamper proof seals... G is correct.

I guess I didn't remember that story because it was back in 1982. Now if you want to commit mass murder, you just order your ammunition online. It's much easier than the old days.

Yes, and liberals are working double time to maximize the carnage by disarming your targets. Well done on that, you're making real progress

Really? And what exactly are liberals doing to disarm people?

You disarm honest citizens who follow your gun laws making it easy for mass murderers to shoot them. Nicely done, the body counts are high, you're very effective at killing people

I'd certainly rather someone try to kill me with a knife, bare hands, a frying pan, golf clubs, or pencils, rather than a gun, any day of the week.

What are the chances I could stop a bullet vs a frying pan? :)

Exactly. If someone comes at me with a knife, unless they have throwing knives, they have to get close to me, and then I've got a fighting chance. Same thing with bare hands, frying pan, golf clubs or pencils.

Guns? Not so much, because they can shoot at me from outside my reach.

Besides...........bullets are more lethal than all those other things mentioned.

How many people do you think the Oregon shooter would have killed with a pencil?

How many people do you think the Oregon shooter would have killed if some of his victims were armed?

The American Sniper, Chris Kyle, was armed when he got shot. Him and his buddy even sent text messages about watching each others back because the shooter was bonkers. If a sharp shooter can't protect himself while armed, I don't see how college students are going to do any better.

If you are suggesting arming all students, then I would have to wonder if you are mentally ill.

I think it would be just a ridiculous to arm all teachers.

We do need to tighten security at all schools and colleges, so maybe the NRA can put on a bake sale to help cover those costs. :p

So your standard is that if anyone with a gun gets shot then guns are useless for defense. There you go, liberal intelligence, an oxymoron, or just a moron, either way.

What does "tighten security" mean?

I'm saying that even if armed, there's no guarantee. Saturating this country with even more guns is not the answer.

I guess I've never heard of the Tylenol murderer.

I guess I didn't remember that story because it was back in 1982. Now if you want to commit mass murder, you just order your ammunition online. It's much easier than the old days.

Yes, and liberals are working double time to maximize the carnage by disarming your targets. Well done on that, you're making real progress

You disarm honest citizens who follow your gun laws making it easy for mass murderers to shoot them. Nicely done, the body counts are high, you're very effective at killing people

I asked you to give a specific example as to how liberals are disarming honest citizens. How are they disarming anyone for that matter?

There certainly is a correlation between crime and poverty.

Minor crimes, such as stealing food or other things a person can't afford, is definitely associated with poverty.

Poverty might even tempt some to steal a car, but they would choose a secluded vehicle away from witnesses. This is the opposite of the carjacker who would enjoy harming or killing the driver in order to steal the car.

You can't lump all criminals together. And we shouldn't put all types of criminals together in the same prison. No one deserves to be locked up with psychopaths and sociopaths if they aren't one themselves.

Murdering people isn't about financial status. It's something much worse. Poverty does not turn people into cold-blooded murderers who place no value on any life other than their own. That is likely taught except in the cases where someone is born with a brain defect. Some killers are born, others are molded by their upbringing or trauma. It usually comes down to what parents teach or the way the abuse their children. I don't blame culture because the majority of people fear criminals and do not condone their actions.

Parents can change the neighborhoods they live in. Even if they are poor, government housing is available anywhere so they could choose safer places to live. People have choices and it's curious as to why some consistently make the poorest choices for themselves and their families. I think some parents are gang members and choose to raise their children as such. The average family, regardless of their race, want what is best for their children.

I'd certainly rather someone try to kill me with a knife, bare hands, a frying pan, golf clubs, or pencils, rather than a gun, any day of the week.

Exactly. If someone comes at me with a knife, unless they have throwing knives, they have to get close to me, and then I've got a fighting chance. Same thing with bare hands, frying pan, golf clubs or pencils.

Besides...........bullets are more lethal than all those other things mentioned.
Every been beaten to death? Strangled to death? Knifed to death? Tortured to death? Beheaded?

Obviously not but being shot in the head is far less painful.

Serious question, are there any Democrat politicians who are saying they're for confiscating the guns of private citizens?

Obama talked about how Australia, Great Britain and others got it right. That would mean extreme gun control or banning them if he were serious about going that route. Problem is that crime went up when tighter controls were put in place.

The current narrative on the left is that guns are bad. They are incapable of distinguishing between good people and bad people. I don't know why it goes over their heads when you talk about good people requiring a means of self defense that is equivalent to the means that the bad people have to harm you. Obviously, you can't stop a gunman by using a knife or a cell phone to call 911. You can stop a bad guy who breaks into your home if you have a gun. It is the great equalizer. Even if the government was able to take all the guns away from the bad guys, we still need them to stop home invaders who have many other methods of murdering us. If you don't have the physical strength to stop a rapist or someone wanting to stab you, you need something to stop them instantly. Sorry, but a gun is the only way.

The US comes out near the top in the gun homicide rate. Okay. Fine.

But you know what?

I bet if you did a study, you would find out we come out near the top in homicides with knives, bare hands, frying pans, golf clubs, and pencils.

I suspect we don't have so much a gun problem as a violence problem. Americans have a mean streak, and some of us are proud of it. For example, "Don't Mess With Texas™".

Someone should do such a study. I'd be surprised if no one has.

Anyone know?

From the CDC, I published this earlier: (http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf)

All homicides
  • Number of deaths: 16,121
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 5.1
Firearm homicides
  • Number of deaths: 11,208
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.5

I suspect there would be a huge drop in homicide if the perp had to go after victims with baseball bats, frying pans, golf clubs, etc. It's just so easy to get a damn gun instead.

No background check, no prior arrests, no wait time. Got WalMart?

Psychologically it's so much easier too: No bodily contact, better odds of avoiding getting injured, better chance of hitting your target, much faster and the murder weapon is easier to hide in a jacket or coat.

Golf clubs seem to stick out from under a coat. And look! This kid isn't even wearing a jacket!

Bare hands?....way too risky.

Last edited:
The liberals have often talked about how gun sales sharply increased after Obama got in office. The funny part is that overall murders across the country have been declining since then. We still see murder rates much higher in some cities. Someone mentioned doing a study, so here is a good place to start.

East St. Louis, IL is currently the murder capital of the U.S.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/top-lists/highest-murder-rate-cities/

Now look at the U.S. Census Bureau stats for the 5 cities with highest murder rates:

East St. Louis, IL http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/17/1722255.html

Camden, NJ http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/34/3410000.html

Gary, IN http://www.infoplease.com/us/census/data/indiana/gary/

Saginaw, MI http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/26/2670520.html

Chester, PA http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/42/4213208.html

Guns don't kill, people do. And what the hell are the people in these cities thinking?

Every been beaten to death? Strangled to death? Knifed to death? Tortured to death? Beheaded?

I'm not going to bother with much of a response, because there's no debating this kind of ignorance.

I'm not going to bother with much of a response, because there's no debating this kind of ignorance.
But you still just had to respond to my post didn't you

It's the kind if thing I say when I'm surrounded by idiots that think taking guns away is the way to prevent killing.

The biggest mass serial killer in the history of the world used a knife.

You gonna take knives away? No of course not. That's how stupid people sound when they get all hysterical about guns.

How many people do you think the Oregon shooter would have killed with a pencil?

How many people do you think the Oregon shooter would have killed if some of his victims were armed?

The American Sniper, Chris Kyle, was armed when he got shot. Him and his buddy even sent text messages about watching each others back because the shooter was bonkers. If a sharp shooter can't protect himself while armed, I don't see how college students are going to do any better.

If you are suggesting arming all students, then I would have to wonder if you are mentally ill.

We do need to tighten security at all schools and colleges, so maybe the NRA can put on a bake sale to help cover those costs. :p

So your standard is that if anyone with a gun gets shot then guns are useless for defense. There you go, liberal intelligence, an oxymoron, or just a moron, either way.

I'm saying that even if armed, there's no guarantee. Saturating this country with even more guns is not the answer.

What a contentless post. Get back to your selfies

I asked you to give a specific example as to how liberals are disarming honest citizens. How are they disarming anyone for that matter?

The answer to your question is in my post you quoted...

You saying that liberals are disarming honest citizens, does not give a specific example of HOW.

You don't know how, you just pulled that out of your ass.

What a contentless post. Get back to your selfies

I can name numerous instances of when a gun would not have done the victims any good.

Now I'll let you get back to the re-run in your head of The Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.

Last edited:

It's the kind if thing I say when I'm surrounded by idiots that think taking guns away is the way to prevent killing.

You gonna take knives away? No of course not. That's how stupid people sound when they get all hysterical about guns.

No one is taking guns away, you silly nitwit.

Not from me they aren't you are correct about that but it's funny how liberals always scream about taking freedom away from the wrong people, you daft cow.

Not from me they aren't you are correct about that but it's funny how liberals always scream about taking freedom away from the wrong people, you daft cow.

Again, no one is taking guns away from anyone, dingbat.

No one is screaming about taking away yours, or anyone else's freedumb, parrot. :rolleyes:

You saying that liberals are disarming honest citizens, does not give a specific example of HOW.

You don't know how, you just pulled that out of your ass.

Gun laws are followed by honest citizens, they are not followed by criminals. Every time there is a mass shooting with no one shooting back, you don't get the connection. I don't know how else to explain it to you, sweetheart. How many people need to die before you connect that criminals don't follow the law?

Forum List

Back