Jeb on Gun Violence: "Stuff Happens"

Nyvin

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2013
Direct Quote from Jeb! Bush responding to the Oregon Shooting:

We are in a difficult time in our country and I don’t think more government is necessarily the answer to this. I think we need to reconnect ourselves with everybody else. It is very sad to see. But I resist the notion [because] I had this challenge as governor. Look, stuff happens. There is always a crisis and the impulse is to always do something and it not necessarily the right thing to do.

Shit does happen. Life is fraught with peril, obstacles, and risk. Most all of the time you are vulnerable.

But the reply of "stuff happens" is pretty freaking insensitive. I'm pretty sure that if some of the victims families had been there when he said that, he might have got punched.

At the very least, heckled and booed.

Yeah he should have been talking in the abstract if he wants to be president. He is a big government dickhead anyway, so who cares.

Direct Quote from Jeb! Bush responding to the Oregon Shooting:

We are in a difficult time in our country and I don’t think more government is necessarily the answer to this. I think we need to reconnect ourselves with everybody else. It is very sad to see. But I resist the notion [because] I had this challenge as governor. Look, stuff happens. There is always a crisis and the impulse is to always do something and it not necessarily the right thing to do.
Never thought I would say this about Bush. But. He's right. Shit happens.

But the reply of "stuff happens" is pretty freaking insensitive. I'm pretty sure that if some of the victims families had been there when he said that, he might have got punched.

At the very least, heckled and booed.
He could have been wise and brave and said something along the lines of Hillary's comment to the dead Benghazi SEAL's father...

We will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted...

:lol:

Did anyone tell him stuff happens more often when politicians don't do their jobs properly?

Forum List

Back