Get this, Hillary Clintoon is now accusing Alabama of being part of the right wingnut conspiracy

Apparently you know nothing about Alabama and how far they have gone in the past to rig elections. I am from Alabama and there has never been a fair election in the history of the state.

• Banned
Apparently you know nothing about Alabama and how far they have gone in the past to rig elections. I am from Alabama and there has never been a fair election in the history of the state.
Well I do agree that the deep South is retarded.............this is true.

Hillary Rodham Clinton, who has made protecting voting rights a focus of her campaign, said in a statement that the decision by the state’s law enforcement department to close offices in 29 counties was the latest example of disenfranchising voters.

“Just a few years ago, Alabama passed a law requiring citizens to have a photo ID to vote,” she said. “Now they’re shutting down places where people get those photo IDs. This is only going to make it harder for people to vote. It’s a blast from the Jim Crow past.”

She added: “African-Americans fought for the right to vote in the face of unthinkable hatred. They stood up and were beaten down, marched and were turned back. Some were even killed. But in the end, the forces of justice overcame. Alabama should do the right thing. It should reverse this decision. And it should start protecting the franchise for every single voter, no matter the color of their skin.”

Mrs. Clinton has proposed, among other measures, automatic voter registration nationally.

Sewell represents Selma, a city made famous by the brutal attack on voting rights protests in 1965, known as Bloody Sunday. She said the move would disproportionally impact her constituents in the 7th Congressional District and that the state should either rescind its requirement for voter IDs at the polls -- which she likened to past discriminatory practices such as poll taxes and literacy tests -- or allow the driver's license offices to stay open.

"To limit access to obtaining a driver's license -- while insisting on a photo ID to vote -- is an unconscionable and overt barrier to voting," she said. "Twenty-nine counties in Alabama will have no driver's license offices, of which 15 of those counties are located in the rural parts of the Black Belt. This fact means many of my constituents who have limited modes of transportation will be denied an equal opportunity to obtain a means to vote."

With the 2016 presidential race around the corner, voting-rights issues are likely to take center stage as advocates press for changes and try to educate voters.

Dems call out Alabama decision to close DMVs - CNNPolitics.com

• Banned

Forum List

Back