Watch a bald eagle feed her babies live..

they are not eating now. But I am sure its small rodents is what they feed. I just found the site

I can go out in the front yard, or front 20 and watch it live also. If you put a chicken in the yard you can watch them capture and kill it before feeding it to the younguns.

This is the eagle cam I watched until we went to the Caribbean. Also posted it here.
Decorah Eagles, Ustream.TV: BREAKING NEWS May 22, 2012, 9 AM CDT The Raptor Resource Project plans to trap and fit a transmitter to one of the Decorah eagl...

I haven't watched for the past two weeks so I'll have to catch up. Looks like they're at the age known as "branchers" because they will go out of the nest to a branch, spread their wings and very vigorously flap like crazy to gain strength and coordination before their first short flights. Note the juvenile coloration.

We're in town right now but will soon go to our vacation house for the summer. There, we have a nest not far from us where we can watch bald eagle chicks every year. Really love it.

Good to see the Dollywood birds. They're a lot younger and people can watch them grow up.

Raptors are incredibly useful to us selfish humans. Because most of their diet is made up of rodents, they actually help keep our food prices down. A barn owl, for example, will kill and eat in excess of 11thousand rodents in his lifetime. That's 11K rats, mice that are not eating or fouling our grain stores. Everything we eat is based on grain. Whether you're a meat eater or a vegetarian, you depend on various kinds of grain for your food. If you want an example of how important controlling rodents is, just look at Australia.

About the video, looks like a juvenile red tailed hawk and the squirrel is lucky the bird didn't decide to nab him too. A rth I worked with would catch the mouse I tossed to her and then balance on the same foot to catch a second one with her free foot. In the wild, its always "feast or famine" for predators and they will often take more than they can eat right then. Or, they'll gorge. OTOH, those were captive raptors so they were more inclined to stock up, as it were.

From 2004:

In 1970, the U.S. National Academy of Sciences estimated that DDT saved more than 500 million lives during the time it was widely used. A scientific review board of the EPA showed that DDT is not harmful to the environment and showed it to be a beneficial substance that "should not be banned."

- HUMAN EVENTS

Birds are birds. Symbols never die, yet humans continue to do so.

Thank God for Liberals or there would be no Bald Eagles left.

This was not a political post. Geez. Nag for being a butt

Nonetheless, its true.

rw's don't care about anything they can't use and/or exploit. That's why I posted the FACT that raptors save people money because they eat rodents.

Just imagine what would happen if we destroyed every predator that eats rodents. Wolves, coyotes, raptors, snakes ... I realize that rw's don't care about or appreciate the connection between the Natural World and human existence/survival but we work to kill these animals at our own peril.

You'll never hear of a liberal being in favor of maiming wolves from the air or of contest hunts where the whole purpose is to wipe out as many individuals of a species as possible.

Right now, there are federal laws forbidding the killing of raptors but people do it anyway. Anybody really think those people are libs?

Forum List

Back