Was Jesus the First Republican?

Well...he sure wasn't this....

5deea00ea59946db89b50b9f5d26e55e_18.jpg

or this;
upload_2018-6-6_18-21-52.jpeg

Sure he was. He created individual liberty on earth. He was a powerful common man who liberated other common men from earthly liberal rulers such as Caesar. He taught that each individual person was loved by God and had an individual relationship with God that was based on his free will and individual behavior toward other people and toward God.. This was opposite to liberal statist Rome wherein all human beings on earth were the same. They were mere animals to be defeated militarily, captured, enslaved, raped, killed or taxed. The transformational liberty Jesus created on earth slowly gave birth to Christianity, the Reformation, Enlightenment, and finally the American Revolution. To this day Republicans stand to limit Caesarian liberal statist govt and maintain or increase liberty , while Democrats oppose this basic trajectory of Western Civilization every step of the way!

The delusion of Republicans knows no bounds.

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn: for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you

Yeah, sounds like a Republican to me.

And I suggest you study your Roman History. The Roman empire did not believe all people were the same. Ever hear of Sparticus?

Mmm so I see the beatitudes...then I see a sarcastic statement in “yeah, sounds like republican to me.” And then there’s nothing backing up the sarcastic conclusion of “sounds like republicans to me,” which would translate as, “not at all what republicans are like.” And then doesn’t proceed to back it up.

Here are sakinagos beatitudes.

Blessed are those who do not use broad strokes to paint a group

Blessed are those who do not lump an individual in with a perceived group and judge them accordingly

Blessed are those who never believe that they have all or enough of the answers, for they will have far more answers than those who think they do.

Blessed are those who are just as critical of their friends as they are their enemies.

Blessed are those who know they are not good enough, for they know they can always work to be better

Blessed are those who know they are capable of evil, for they will be wary of the evil inside of them

Blessed are those who take the time to pick out the plank in their eye, before they reach to pick out the speck of dust from another’s eyes

Blessed are those who say no to the authority figure in a lab coat telling them it is ok to shock someone to death, and are not naive enough to believe they would never do such a thing, because 80% of you motherfuckers would do it

Blessed are those who realize that the expedient or easy things very rarely give us happiness or meaningfulness, and turn out bad for us in the long run.

Blessed are those who never say “I like dogs more than people,” because dogs are evolutionarily designed to love you no matter what. And people, on the other hand, tend hold you to a higher standard, and require work on your part. Hitler had dogs that absolutely loved him, just saying.

Blessed are those who say “fuck that,” and actually do something about it, instead of just complaining about it.

I find it amusing that anyone would declare that Jesus had the ideals of any political party.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is very hard for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

I'll say it again--it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"

Sure he was. He created individual liberty on earth. He was a powerful common man who liberated other common men from earthly liberal rulers such as Caesar. He taught that each individual person was loved by God and had an individual relationship with God that was based on his free will and individual behavior toward other people and toward God.. This was opposite to liberal statist Rome wherein all human beings on earth were the same. They were mere animals to be defeated militarily, captured, enslaved, raped, killed or taxed. The transformational liberty Jesus created on earth slowly gave birth to Christianity, the Reformation, Enlightenment, and finally the American Revolution. To this day Republicans stand to limit Caesarian liberal statist govt and maintain or increase liberty , while Democrats oppose this basic trajectory of Western Civilization every step of the way!

You know you have a problem when you see everything in terms of Republicans and Democrats.
Rs suck just as much as Ds. If only all Americans would know this.

Yes, and if they knew that in other countries there weren't any Republicans or Democrats, then they'd be in for a shock.

Log Cabin Republican?

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you

And I suggest you study your Roman History. The Roman empire did not believe all people were the same. Ever hear of Sparticus?

actually it does sounds more like republican. Each one of those beattitudes is a responsibility. Jesus is teaching individuals to be responsible in their lives and not telling them to demand government do those things

Well, it is teaching people not to be total asshats, which of course most on the Right can't exist without.

I'm fairly sure we could exist quite well without progressives

Why do you think that? The last genuine Conservative to be elected President was a progressive, Herbert Hoover, who made a great name for himself in his excellent and extremely competent handling of the European famine relief problem in WW I, among other things, a conservative who actually practiced what he preached. The Depression overwhelmed and put an end for a while of silly dumbass ideologies carrying any weight, and he and his got washed away as well, unable to cope, as it always fails when the bubble fail and Wall Street and the 'conservatives' proceed to bail themselves out with Federal money at the expense of the public every few years after all the 'free enterprise' collapses right on schedule.

If progressives were truly 'progressives' these days instead of just sniveling deviants and traitors, we wouldn't be having the problems we have now.

Last edited:
I find it amusing that anyone would declare that Jesus had the ideals of any political party.

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is very hard for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

I'll say it again--it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"

Another deviant who wants to rewrite the meanings and pick out verses from a book they've never read and a theology they know nothing about.

Another deviant who wants to rewrite the meanings and pick out verses from a book they've never read and a theology they know nothing about.

Fundamentalism doen't applly well to a doctrine that wasn't even collected or in print for 300 years, as well as having gone through the Council of Nicaea revisionist cycle(s)

Further, politizing things celestial is beyond umitigated gall , given Jesus was killed BY politicians who openly MOCKED His 'truth'

What is Truth

When Pontius Pilate interrogated Jesus before his crucifixion, Jesus proclaimed that "Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." (John 18:37). To this, Pilate replied "What is truth?" and immediately left Jesus to address the Jews who wanted Christ crucified (v. 38).

As Francis Bacon wrote in his essay "On Truth," "'What is truth?' said jesting Pilate; and would not stay for an answer." Although we have no record of any reply by Jesus, Christians affirm that Pilate was staring Truth in the face, for Jesus had earlier said to Thomas, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life" (John 14:6).

S~

actually it does sounds more like republican. Each one of those beattitudes is a responsibility. Jesus is teaching individuals to be responsible in their lives and not telling them to demand government do those things

Well, it is teaching people not to be total asshats, which of course most on the Right can't exist without.

Pretty sure you're wrong. Now conservatives, when have they ever done anything useful?
Utah is the most charitable state as well as the most conservative.
But keep posting your dribble.

Pretty sure you're wrong. Now conservatives, when have they ever done anything useful?

True, but Mormons are much closer to practicing what they preach than the majority of 'conservatives' and right wingers, so I wouldn't claim that right wingers get to hide behind Mormons' example of consistency for cover as being representative of 'conservatives' in general.

True, but Mormons are much closer to practicing what they preach than the majority of 'conservatives' and right wingers, so I wouldn't claim that right wingers get to hide behind Mormons' example of consistency for cover as being representative of 'conservatives' in general.
Why do the Mormons have to be brought into a simple fact, that Utah is the most conservative and most charitable

Fundamentalism doen't applly well to a doctrine that wasn't even collected or in print for 300 years, as well as having gone through the Council of Nicaea revisionist cycle(s)

Further, politizing things celestial is beyond umitigated gall , given Jesus was killed BY politicians who openly MOCKED His 'truth'

What is Truth

When Pontius Pilate interrogated Jesus before his crucifixion, Jesus proclaimed that "Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." (John 18:37). To this, Pilate replied "What is truth?" and immediately left Jesus to address the Jews who wanted Christ crucified (v. 38).

As Francis Bacon wrote in his essay "On Truth," "'What is truth?' said jesting Pilate; and would not stay for an answer." Although we have no record of any reply by Jesus, Christians affirm that Pilate was staring Truth in the face, for Jesus had earlier said to Thomas, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life" (John 14:6).

S~

lol there was no revisionism at the Council Of Nicea, just the opposite in fact. The Orthodoxy existed and was widely known and spread from the very beginning. there was absolutely now way to 'revise' it and get away with 'rewrites' at that point, nor at any point before that. It would never have been tolerated, and we're talking about Christians who had just been through the very worst mass persecutions in their history, from not only three of the four current Roman Emperors but the previous Emperor as well as from Persians, pagans, and every other govt. in the known world at the time. Only idiots think they would have meekly accepted some 'rewrite' and 'revision' of anything. It's a ludicrous claim, by any believer or atheist.

I do agree that trying to force Christian theology into some hair-brained political ideology is indeed stupid.

Last edited:

Why do the Mormons have to be brought into a simple fact, that Utah is the most conservative and most charitable

Probably because most other conservative demographics wouldn't fit that positive observation, which is why they get singled out in the first place.

lol there was no revisionism at the Council Of Nicea, just the opposite in fact. The Orthodoxy existed and was widely known and spread from the very beginning.

The 'orthodoxy' were being fed to lions for entertainment Picaro

Constantine became bored of it all, and decided to assimilate the Christians

You see the Romans had nothing on the Borg , fall in line pay your taxes to Rome and it's you're in. A debatable issue pertinent to their demise.

But i digress....

Had thge 3rd riech have made the same offer to potential holocaust victims, Hanukkah would most likely be celebrated in October goosestepping in Lederhosen with Wienerschnitzel and large stiens of hefeweizen .....

cheers!
Oktoberfest-748x350.jpg

~S~

Lol, Mormons donating to their own cult. Most of that money doesn't go to charitable purposes.

Plus I thought you god botherers didn't consider Mormons christians?

Thread is about Jesus, and I'm pretty sure Mormons don't even believe in him.

Lol, Mormons donating to their own cult. Most of that money doesn't go to charitable purposes.

Plus I thought you god botherers didn't consider Mormons christians?
Man dude, do you have the capacity to tell the truth?
Here’s the fact
Utah is the most charitable state and the most conservative
Tough losing the argument ain’t it?

Forum List

Back