Was Jesus the First Republican?

Well, it is teaching people not to be total asshats, which of course most on the Right can't exist without.

I'm fairly sure we could exist quite well without progressives
Pretty sure you're wrong. Now conservatives, when have they ever done anything useful?
Utah is the most charitable state as well as the most conservative.
But keep posting your dribble.
Lol, Mormons donating to their own cult. Most of that money doesn't go to charitable purposes.

Plus I thought you god botherers didn't consider Mormons christians?
Man dude, do you have the capacity to tell the truth?
Here’s the fact
Utah is the most charitable state and the most conservative
Tough losing the argument ain’t it?
Gotta believe in Jesus to be a Christian.

Remember, it's Jesus that puts the Christ in Christianity.

And as previously noted, Mormons donating to their own cult isn't exactly what most people mean than they think "charity".

Well, it is teaching people not to be total asshats, which of course most on the Right can't exist without.

Pretty sure you're wrong. Now conservatives, when have they ever done anything useful?
Lol, Mormons donating to their own cult. Most of that money doesn't go to charitable purposes.

Plus I thought you god botherers didn't consider Mormons christians?
Man dude, do you have the capacity to tell the truth?
Here’s the fact
Utah is the most charitable state and the most conservative
Tough losing the argument ain’t it?

That is an undisputable fact; the Church also has its own farms and food preservation program, with subsidies for members who can't afford the suggested amount to keep around, They practice the old style Christian social services model, a network of aid and support for their members that all churches should have. Many are adopting their model and the old Christian social services programs, in fact. It was this practice that first appealed to Constantine and many converts, and why he put them in charge of the Empire's social services.

And as previously noted, Mormons donating to their own cult isn't exactly what most people mean than they think "charity".

lol this is ridiculous 'logic', and a clear evidence you've never read the NT and all the commitments Christians communities should make to their own. They aren't required to all be dead broke and begging for a living, either, another shock to the ignorant Xian bashers.

lol this is ridiculous 'logic', and a clear evidence you've never read the NT and all the commitments Christians communities should make to their own. They aren't required to all be dead broke and begging for a living, either, another shock to the ignorant Xian bashers.
Lol, just because you disagree doesn't mean it isn't true.

tumblr_lw7iiqaewo1qcc8ul.png

you know its a liberal if he is posting cartoons! Wonder why liberals oppose free speech?

Why do you oppose free speech?

We have freedom OF speech

We just don't have freedom FROM it

~S~
Absolutely.

Freedom of speech- not freedom from criticism.

The delusion of Republicans knows no bounds.

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn: for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you

Yeah, sounds like a Republican to me.

And I suggest you study your Roman History. The Roman empire did not believe all people were the same. Ever hear of Sparticus?

actually it does sounds more like republican. Each one of those beattitudes is a responsibility. Jesus is teaching individuals to be responsible in their lives and not telling them to demand government do those things

Sorry, but donations to the Mormon church don't really count as "charity". More like country club dues.

We will be judged by how we treat the least among us. God help Republicans come judgement day.

And then there is the golden rule, you know, treat others how you would want to be treated, IF YOU WERE IN THEIR SITUATION. Again, Republicans get a big fat fail.

actually it does sounds more like republican. Each one of those beattitudes is a responsibility. Jesus is teaching individuals to be responsible in their lives and not telling them to demand government do those things

Sorry, but donations to the Mormon church don't really count as "charity". More like country club dues.

If you knew anything about Christianity, you would be able to distinguish tithing from charity; they aren't the same thing, but the ignorant and uneducated aren't bright enough to bother with knowing what they're talking about here.

Doesn't mean you're right, and in this case I'm spot on. A lot of angry little deviants and mentally ill sociopaths spam this forum, right and left wing, and your posts are nothing new, just indicative of your own doubts and superstitions.

If you knew anything about Christianity, you would be able to distinguish tithing from charity; they aren't the same thing, but the ignorant and uneducated aren't bright enough to bother with knowing what they're talking about here.

Are you that flippin stupid? Yeah, I know the difference. Tithing is a REQUIREMENT, you know, LIKE COUNTRY CLUB DUES. Charity is freely given, without expecting anything in return. Pretty sure Jesus spoke to that. And that giving to the Mormon Church, it sure as hell ain't charity, it is TITHING.

Wow, I mean just WOW.

Take Mitt Romney. He gives about fifteen percent of his income to the Mormon church. That is his tithe. And he doesn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. He does it to secure his place in the upper level of heaven. The one where only WHITE PEOPLE can get in.

True, but Mormons are much closer to practicing what they preach than the majority of 'conservatives' and right wingers, so I wouldn't claim that right wingers get to hide behind Mormons' example of consistency for cover as being representative of 'conservatives' in general.
Why do the Mormons have to be brought into a simple fact, that Utah is the most conservative and most charitable
Thread is about Jesus, and I'm pretty sure Mormons don't even believe in him.

Then you clearly haven’t read the Book of Mormon

We will be judged by how we treat the least among us. God help Republicans come judgement day.

And then there is the golden rule, you know, treat others how you would want to be treated, IF YOU WERE IN THEIR SITUATION. Again, Republicans get a big fat fail.

So you think Republicans who realize it’s their responsibility and not the governments to help people and do so overwhelmingly are going to be judged harshly compared to democrats who want someone else ie the government to do something while they do nothing?

Sure. Just remember you will be judged with the same judgment

Are you that flippin stupid? Yeah, I know the difference. Tithing is a REQUIREMENT, you know, LIKE COUNTRY CLUB DUES. Charity is freely given, without expecting anything in return. Pretty sure Jesus spoke to that. And that giving to the Mormon Church, it sure as hell ain't charity, it is TITHING.

Wow, I mean just WOW.

Take Mitt Romney. He gives about fifteen percent of his income to the Mormon church. That is his tithe. And he doesn't do it out of the goodness of his heart. He does it to secure his place in the upper level of heaven. The one where only WHITE PEOPLE can get in.

Again someone who hasn’t read the Book of Mormon. White people heaven? Really?

“For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.” 2 Nephi 26:33

So much for that lie.

Oh and a tithe is 10%. That’s true no matter what religion because tithe literally means 10%. Period. No one can pay a 15% tithe any more than a dog can give birth to a cat.

Wow, I mean just WOW.

“For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile.” 2 Nephi 26:33

So much for that lie.

Oh and a tithe is 10%. That’s true no matter what religion because tithe literally means 10%. Period. No one can pay a 15% tithe any more than a dog can give birth to a cat.

Sorry, but the Mormon heaven has "degrees". "and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness", does not say that some may not partake in extra helpings of goodness. Like when you were a kid and ate at the children's table for Thanksgiving. No one denied you Thanksgiving dinner, but the adults got to sit at a bigger, better, table and probably had some drinks and deserts that were not available to the children.

Wow, I mean just WOW.

So much for that lie.

Sorry, but the Mormon heaven has "degrees". "and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness", does not say that some may not partake in extra helpings of goodness. Like when you were a kid and ate at the children's table for Thanksgiving. No one denied you Thanksgiving dinner, but the adults got to sit at a bigger, better, table and probably had some drinks and deserts that were not available to the children.

“In my Fathers House there are many mansions”

No one is disputing that.

It’s the highest white level which is pure bs and you know it or you wouldn’t be on this red herring.

Try being honest sometime. It’s liberating

Wow, I mean just WOW.

So much for that lie.

It’s the highest white level which is pure bs and you know it or you wouldn’t be on this red herring.

I tell you what, you show me one, just one person of color that holds a temple recommend and I will reconsider.

Wow, I mean just WOW.

So much for that lie.

I tell you what, you show me one, just one person of color that holds a temple recommend and I will reconsider.

Elder Edward Dube

Would you like more?

Was Jesus the First Republican?

Sure he was. He created individual liberty on earth. He was a powerful common man who liberated other common men from earthly liberal rulers such as Caesar. He taught that each individual person was loved by God and had an individual relationship with God that was based on his free will and individual behavior toward other people and toward God.. This was opposite to liberal statist Rome wherein all human beings on earth were the same. They were mere animals to be defeated militarily, captured, enslaved, raped, killed or taxed. The transformational liberty Jesus created on earth slowly gave birth to Christianity, the Reformation, Enlightenment, and finally the American Revolution. To this day Republicans stand to limit Caesarian liberal statist govt and maintain or increase liberty , while Democrats oppose this basic trajectory of Western Civilization every step of the way!
Jesus was certainly no Democrat, that's for sure.

Christians do not face any particular city five times a day when they pray. They do not make pilgrimmages to any temple or tabernacle. They keep no law books or record of wrongs. They worship the Lord when they please, day and night (Rv 7:15). Individual congregations are self-governimg, but in the kingdom at large, no hierarchy subjugates them, no taxing authority oppresses them, no regulatory body directs them, no central authority oversees them. Their temple is a living temple of which they are the stones. It is a temple without altar, ritual, or mandate. By design, it is a temple of equals (Mt 20:25-28).

This is something akin to the republican objective before and after the Revolutionary War, a war fought for liberty, nothing more. No nobility, no central authority (or an innocuous one), no artificial hierarchy. In the American republic, like the kingdom of heaven, the lion lies down with the lamb.

Both Christianity and republicanism are anathema to democracy and central planning in which a percentage of the population, be it an oligarchy or a majority, commands the whole.

Last edited:
He was pretty big on accountability and for paying the debts of others, so yeah.

Forum List

Back