Was it wrong?

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
First I want to say how beautiful the Reagan funeral and all the events surrounding it were. I was so proud to be an American,and so very proud of the military and the wonderful job they have done with everything. It was beautiful from beginning to end,and not to much news coveerage in my opinion. Especailly if Scott Peterson and O.J. are going to get 5 times more.

My question is to all who watched the final funeral last night. At the end when Nancy Reagan was lying her head on the casket,I felt the cameras should have gone off and that was it. Instead,we heard countless clicking and winding from cameras as this great woman tried to have a last moment with her wonderful husband. I felt the media overall did a good job with the coverage with not much bias. This is a lot coming from me because the majority of the media sickens me. Do you think they went to far not letting her have those final moments at least in quiet,even if there were cameras? I felt so bad for her and I know my whole family cried because it was so touching...there aren't words. I just think(along with a lot of others that called the radio today) that she should have had those last few moments with Her family alone.

Krisy I agree with you. I was watching alone and after perhaps a half minute yelled at the television, "Move the camera." Other than that, everything was beautiful.

Originally posted by krisy
Do you think they went to far not letting her have those final moments at least in quiet,even if there were cameras?
I just think(along with a lot of others that called the radio today) that she should have had those last few moments with Her family alone.
I absolutely agree with you. His whole funeral has been public, she should have had that time to herself. I was saying this same thing to my husband while we watched. I felt it was private for her, but I just could not turn the channel. I had to watch it. That woman was just so strong and showed so much grace, she had to be sedated, well, at least I would have to be sedated.

The funeral was beautiful,and I suppose a lot of the things that happened were for the American people to see,so I did watch it. I also think President Reagan would have wanted us too,and knew we would. I just think those last few minutes should have been private. I'm hoping that maybe they got to go back later when everyone was gone.

I missed the entire thing... havent even caught it running over.

anyone know if there are plans on C-Span or any other channel to re-run it????

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
I missed the entire thing... havent even caught it running over.

anyone know if there are plans on C-Span or any other channel to re-run it????

You can download at least partly from c-span. It's under, Most watched video:

http://c-span.org/

Forum List

Back