Women forfeits billiards championship in protest regarding playing a transgender

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

A pool player has forfeited her chance to win a top national title in protest at the sport allowing a transgender woman to compete against natal females.

Lynne Pinches told Telegraph Sport she has turned down an invitation to turn full-time professional amid her despair at a ā€œU-turnā€ in international rules.

On Saturday, Pinches was cheered by spectators as she packed up her cue and refused to play as the final of the Ladies Champions of Champions got under way. Her opponent, Harriet Haynes, reacted with bemusement before later picking up the trophy by default.

ā€œThe devastation I have felt, I canā€™t even explain,ā€ said Pinches, whose son, brother and father all played pool or snooker at elite levels. ā€œI didnā€™t eat or sleep properly for two days. I was crying until 3am. I was devastated. My son Tommy, who plays on the Ultimate Pool Challenger Series, messaged me and said, ā€˜I know you must be absolutely devastated mum, because I know that youā€™ve youā€™ve hated this since the beginningā€™. He really wanted to write it on his Facebook but he was worried heā€™d get banned. And thatā€™s what pushed me over the edge to be honest. I thought ā€˜youā€™ve silenced me for years. Youā€™re not silencing my child as wellā€™. Iā€™m not putting up with that...

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

So proud of this woman! We need more like her.

Ehm you know..pool is one thing that's kind of a level playing field for men and women.

Kinda like Foosball. My 1st ex used to hustle Foosball at the bar.

I'd give her $3 and she'd come back with 60. She'd let 'em think they were gonna win and then just murdelize 'em! :aargh::auiqs.jpg:

I'd give her a run, but there was no beating her at that game by anyone that I ever saw. For years.

If she lost a game, she was setting up a hustle.

Last edited:
Ehm you know..pool is one thing that's kind of a level playing field for men and women.

I'd give her $3 and she'd come back with 60. She'd let 'em think they were gonna win and then just murdelize 'em! :aargh::auiqs.jpg:

I'd give her a run, but there was no beating her at that game by anyone that I ever saw. For years.
I do agree, but still. This woman stood up for what she believed in. Costing her a lot. And that is commendable.

A pool player has forfeited her chance to win a top national title in protest at the sport allowing a transgender woman to compete against natal females.

Lynne Pinches told Telegraph Sport she has turned down an invitation to turn full-time professional amid her despair at a ā€œU-turnā€ in international rules.

On Saturday, Pinches was cheered by spectators as she packed up her cue and refused to play as the final of the Ladies Champions of Champions got under way. Her opponent, Harriet Haynes, reacted with bemusement before later picking up the trophy by default.

ā€œThe devastation I have felt, I canā€™t even explain,ā€ said Pinches, whose son, brother and father all played pool or snooker at elite levels. ā€œI didnā€™t eat or sleep properly for two days. I was crying until 3am. I was devastated. My son Tommy, who plays on the Ultimate Pool Challenger Series, messaged me and said, ā€˜I know you must be absolutely devastated mum, because I know that youā€™ve youā€™ve hated this since the beginningā€™. He really wanted to write it on his Facebook but he was worried heā€™d get banned. And thatā€™s what pushed me over the edge to be honest. I thought ā€˜youā€™ve silenced me for years. Youā€™re not silencing my child as wellā€™. Iā€™m not putting up with that...

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

So proud of this woman! We need more like her.
Yup. It is going to take all of the women out there to simply stop competing and then this madness will end. Till then it will continue to get worse.

No it isn't. Men are stronger so they can break harder, which has a direct impact on the following game. They have longer arms, are taller which allows them to take shots without aids that make them far more accurate. Men have a huge edge in the game of billiards.

Yes, they have a huge edge.

Here is an example. Ronnie is one of the greatest of all time, but look at how he shoots the ball. Strength, AND precision. Women have the precision, they don't have the strength.

Yup. It is going to take all of the women out there to simply stop competing and then this madness will end. Till then it will continue to get worse.
No, the fascist state will impose their will on all women

Voters have no voice.

None.

Here is an example. Ronnie is one of the greatest of all time, but look at how he shoots the ball. Strength, AND precision. Women have the precision, they don't have the strength.

I have no idea what's going on there. :uhoh3:

I get the part about strength, though.

Yeah. I don't blame her but billiards does seem to be a sport both sexes would be relatively equal in.

BTW, I used to be a bit of a foosball player myself back in the day. It's cool your ex was into it.

No, the fascist state will impose their will on all women

Voters have no voice.

None.

Disagree, they do have a voice and they should use it. Both men and women can refuse to vote for any politician that supports trannies in women sports, whatever that might be. You can stop supporting any business or organization that sponsors trannies in sports. if people and especially women stop voting for them, the politicians will switch their position fast enough to avoid losing power and getting removed from office. And you can boycott those events too, as Manonthestreet says. But you gotta keep after the SJAs cuz they won't go away.

Disagree, they do have a voice and they should use it. Both men and women can refuse to vote for any politician that supports trannies in women sports, whatever that might be. You can stop supporting any business or organization that sponsors trannies in sports. if people and especially women stop voting for them, the politicians will switch their position fast enough to avoid losing power and getting removed from office. But you gotta keep after the SJAs cuz they won't go away.
You have a voice that will be maligned, censored, mocked, and ultimately disregarded.

That is why her son was afraid to speak his voice on the matter

Forum List

Back