War On Men

Give me a fair playing field, and I can kick ass, regardless of gender. (Well, no so much physically. ;))

Are you unable to make the playing field fair by yourself ?
I don't have superpowers. Take the example of the first video and Wimbledon. I would have to be both a player and the commissioner.

How does one do that, ducky?

Any power one has must be taken. If your power is given to you by someone else it can also be taken away. If you don't like the wages , don't work there.

yes dammit... how dare women and men be treated equally.

:cuckoo:

I think you miss the point. Feminism isnt about equality. Hence why do feminists hate stay at home moms. Not just the Ann Romeny remark, they have a stunning dismisive attitude towards women who want to stay at home. And like the video said, women used to be able to choose work or home, now we all have to work. Hence one major reason, why inflation the last 40 years is waaaaaaaay higher than the previous 40. IT used to be having two workers in the family you had alot of disposable income, but now you need two people to make ends meat.

Let's look at jobs that require physical power, police, firemen, militray, ect. Why are women in these? women cant cary inured men across a battlefield, heck women cops cant subdue alot of male suspects without pulling a gun. And women fireman cant carry people out of burning buildings. Those are pretty important. As much as you may want equality, physically there isnt much equality.

Are you unable to make the playing field fair by yourself ?
I don't have superpowers. Take the example of the first video and Wimbledon. I would have to be both a player and the commissioner.

How does one do that, ducky?

Any power one has must be taken. If your power is given to you by someone else it can also be taken away. If you don't like the wages , don't work there.
So where should the tennis players work, ducky?

Now, let's just examine your point of view with a hypothetical. Let's suppose that tennis does involve equal amounts of work for each gender. Just as an example.

Suppose also that I am a world class player. To be so means that I have devoted most of my time to the pursuit of that skill, at the cost of going for a PhD, for example.

So, now I am supposed to find another job because the powers that be can't get over their desire for discrimination? Doing what?

This country is about equal opportunity. Do you have a problem with that?

seems the only thing equal rights for women did....was allow men to walk out on their responsibility to their wive and children....men adopted the attitude pretty quick that is women could do it all...let them...

women are paid 77 cents to the man's dollar.....
Then there is this.

Now, granted some of that gap is unexplained by discrimination, but still there is a gap.

The problem is men and women ARE different and even if they have the same job, there are differences. Women arent made gernerals in the army, because you have to be in combat positions, the military is (well used to be) smart enough to recognize that women arent the same as men. Women in the military do not have to pass the same tests as men, they change them because they would fail. the problem with this debate is it's not about equal opportunity, it's about equal outcome. Equal outcome is horrible, because it's based on crap, not actual ability.

The problem is men and women ARE different and even if they have the same job, there are differences. Women arent made gernerals in the army, because you have to be in combat positions, the military is (well used to be) smart enough to recognize that women arent the same as men. Women in the military do not have to pass the same tests as men, they change them because they would fail. the problem with this debate is it's not about equal opportunity, it's about equal outcome. Equal outcome is horrible, because it's based on crap, not actual ability.
I will concede that, in general, women's physical abilities are different than men's . That is why I am against lowering physical standards for job qualifications that require physical abilities just so they can have 'bragging rights' of gender diversity and meet some arbitrary quota. But, IF a woman can meet those standards, she should not be discriminated based on the fact that she does not have a penis.

In ALL other areas, and in the physical areas, there should NEVER be any discrimination based on gender. Ever.

Most women DON'T want any special consideration, they just want EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, because that is what the USA has always been about and hopefully will continue to be about.

Last edited:
I agree. I am all for equal rights, but those women who fight for special rights do no good for the movement.

Equal rights are equal, and those interested in equal rights should fight just as hard for men who don't get a fair consideration.

I agree. There are, in fact, many areas in which our culture is biased against men. I believe strongly in dismantling these biases.

I think you miss the point. Feminism isnt about equality. Hence why do feminists hate stay at home moms.

I consider myself a feminist, and I don't hate SAHMs. I also, however, don't believe that SAHMs, as a whole, are generally qualified to make policy recommendations on key issues, unless that SAHM has some kind of advanced degree or technical expertise in the subject matter.

women cops cant subdue alot of male suspects without pulling a gun.

Most male cops don't subdue male suspects without pulling a weapon, either. Hate to burst your little man bubble, there. No male cop wants to be involved in a fist fight with a suspect.

seems the only thing equal rights for women did....was allow men to walk out on their responsibility to their wive and children....men adopted the attitude pretty quick that is women could do it all...let them...

women are paid 77 cents to the man's dollar.....

Which was pretty much the entire point of the movement in reality.

Forum List

Back