Where & How Does Romney Make up the Ground?

nodoginnafight

No Party Affiliation
Dec 15, 2008
Georgia
Obama currently has at least a 10 point lead in enough states to deliver 240 electoral votes and at least a 6 point lead in enough states to deliever 309 electoral votes.

There is a long, long way to go and a lot can and undoubtedly will happen between now and vote-casting time. So what is it that needs to happen for Romney to pick off some of the closer states like Pennsylvania (20), Ohio (18), Florida (29), Virginia (13) and come up with 270?

Who says Mitts down by 10 points??

If it some poll then forget it. Polls have to many variable to be precise in any way. They go up and then they go down. Aint worth shit in my book. Barry will lead one week and Romney the next.

I think Romney can beat Barry but its not gonna be by a landslide. Of course I could be wrong and hope I am.

Troll bait is just trolling, of course.

Obama now has a big problem with dog lovers.

tumblr_m2p1m1vnT21ru80w0o1_400.jpg

Obviously citing his actions at the age of ten and comparing them to the actions of Mitt as an adult is a loser for Romney.

He can't make up much ground because Dems and Indies know what Romney is about; telling you whatever you want to hear. Herman Cain had his 9-9-9 plan. Say what you want about the man, but he had a plan. It may have been a bad plan, but he had something. The Republican Nominee apparently has no specific plan for any of what he says he wants to accomplish. He's going to keep Iran from getting a nuke? How? He's going to balance the budget? How? He's going to increase military spending at the same time? How? All while cutting your taxes? How? How? How?

He will make up some ground as the Santorum and Gingrich supporters and Paul's supporter votes for him. But having such a spineless candidate attempting to pander to all sides in this environment is not going to work.

It's a very sad state of politics in the US. I don't think it would be as dramatic but if Romney were President with the identical record that Obama has, Obama would look just almost as feckless at this point.

If it some poll then forget it. Polls have to many variable to be precise in any way. They go up and then they go down. Aint worth shit in my book. Barry will lead one week and Romney the next.

I think Romney can beat Barry but its not gonna be by a landslide. Of course I could be wrong and hope I am.

He's only up by 10 points or more in enough states to give him 240 (not enough to win) but he's up by 6 points or more (I used that cutoff because that's well outside the polling margin for error) in enough states to give hime 309 (which is more than enough to win).

And I use RCP polling averages (as linked above) to balance out poll biases.

But yeah, I agree 100% in that Romney certainly CAN win and that the polls are likely to move around. What I'm looking for are some opinoins on WHAT needs to happen for Romney so those numbers start skewing more in his favor. It seems that by simply reporting the poll averages as they stand offends some people??????

Last edited:
obama is down beyond the margin of error. Naturally it's time to say that Romney is losing ground. Romney isn't losing ground, Americans are losing their patience! The excuses are wearing thin. Blaming Bush has become a national joke. Phonied up "war on --------" fill in the blank is losing steam.

Along about June, obama will personally be a laughing stock. He will have nothing but his record to answer for. As bad as his record was, it is getting worse day by day.

Obviously citing his actions at the age of ten and comparing them to the actions of Mitt as an adult is a loser for Romney.

He can't make up much ground because Dems and Indies know what Romney is about; telling you whatever you want to hear. Herman Cain had his 9-9-9 plan. Say what you want about the man, but he had a plan. It may have been a bad plan, but he had something. The Republican Nominee apparently has no specific plan for any of what he says he wants to accomplish. He's going to keep Iran from getting a nuke? How? He's going to balance the budget? How? He's going to increase military spending at the same time? How? All while cutting your taxes? How? How? How?

He will make up some ground as the Santorum and Gingrich supporters and Paul's supporter votes for him. But having such a spineless candidate attempting to pander to all sides in this environment is not going to work.

It's a very sad state of politics in the US. I don't think it would be as dramatic but if Romney were President with the identical record that Obama has, Obama would look just almost as feckless at this point.

I think your point that disgruntled Santorum and Gingrich voters may not be on board yet but will trickle in bit by bit as they "get over it"

But you may be overestimating American voters if you think they are going to demand substance and specifics. I wish I could say that I agree with that 100%, but sadly - I don't.

obama is down beyond the margin of error. Naturally it's time to say that Romney is losing ground. Romney isn't losing ground, Americans are losing their patience! The excuses are wearing thin. Blaming Bush has become a national joke. Phonied up "war on --------" fill in the blank is losing steam.

Along about June, obama will personally be a laughing stock. He will have nothing but his record to answer for. As bad as his record was, it is getting worse day by day.

Please note my post that preceeded this one. I only used numbers that are outside the polling margin for error. But you think these poll averages suggest Romney is losing ground? I don't agree with that.

As for Americans losing their patience - these polls seem to indicate that not enough Americans have lost their patience to produce a Romney win. You indicate that you believe that will change "along about June." Why is that? What events do you anticipate that will cause that to happen?

Obama currently has at least a 10 point lead in enough states to deliver 240 electoral votes and at least a 6 point lead in enough states to deliever 309 electoral votes.

There is a long, long way to go and a lot can and undoubtedly will happen between now and vote-casting time. So what is it that needs to happen for Romney to pick off some of the closer states like Pennsylvania (20), Ohio (18), Florida (29), Virginia (13) and come up with 270?

Don't forget how many times Romney is going to put his foot in his mouth between now and election day. No way this is close. I can not stand seeing polls showing Obama and Romney tied or that people trust Romney more on the economy. No fucking way.

Speaking of putting his foot in his mouth, Mitt Romney drew some criticism during a campaign stop in Pennsylvania on Tuesday for comments he made about one bakery's cookies.

The small town stir began Tuesday at a community center event when Romney paused to take note of the desserts while sitting down at a picnic table.
"I'm not sure about these cookies. They don't look like you made them," Romney said to the woman sitting next to him. "No, no. They came from the local 7-eleven, bakery, or whatever."

The cookies were actually donated to the event by Bethel Bakery, a popular local business. :lol:

Please keep talking Mitt. :eusa_pray:

All 57 states are in play.

With real voter ID laws, Dems might be down to maybe 4 Senate seats by 2016

He cant make up the ground.

I don't believe he will, but saying he cannot is not being smart. Complacency is what could cost Obama and hand the election to Romney. I do not see a groundswell of support for either candidate, so Obama will most likely hold on by a slim margin in the end. If the economy starts heading in the opposite direction where we are once again losing jobs, or if gasoline prices did jump to $5 per gallon, those are things that could turn the election. I don't see either of those happening, but if you are an Obama supporter, I would not be counting my chickens just yet.

Irrational thinking on the left, and irrational thinking on the right. That's what I love about USMB.

Don't forget how many times Romney is going to put his foot in his mouth between now and election day. No way this is close. I can not stand seeing polls showing Obama and Romney tied or that people trust Romney more on the economy. No fucking way.

Speaking of putting his foot in his mouth, Mitt Romney drew some criticism during a campaign stop in Pennsylvania on Tuesday for comments he made about one bakery's cookies.

The small town stir began Tuesday at a community center event when Romney paused to take note of the desserts while sitting down at a picnic table.
"I'm not sure about these cookies. They don't look like you made them," Romney said to the woman sitting next to him. "No, no. They came from the local 7-eleven, bakery, or whatever."

The cookies were actually donated to the event by Bethel Bakery, a popular local business. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

You lefties just keep thinking that. This was the same thing that was being said about the '10 elections. Yeah, Romney just doesn't have a chance with this community organizer we call the president. It's going to be a landslide because of everything Obama has accomplished....he has to be the most popular president in my lifetime. I'm not even sure I'm going out and vote this election cycle, because it wouldn't be worth the $4.00 gallon gas I would be wasting. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws]Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube[/ame]

Romney will put his foot in his mouth 10 times for every 1 time Obama does it. 57 states. BFD. :doubt:

You lefties just keep thinking that. This was the same thing that was being said about the '10 elections. Yeah, Romney just doesn't have a chance with this community organizer we call the president. It's going to be a landslide because of everything Obama has accomplished....he has to be the most popular president in my lifetime. I'm not even sure I'm going out and vote this election cycle, because it wouldn't be worth the $4.00 gallon gas I would be wasting. :lol:

You'd better, if you don't want the Supreme Court overwhelmed with far lefty judges.

Last edited:

You'd better, if you don't want the Supreme Court overwhelmed with far lefty judges.

It was < sarcasm>

It was < sarcasm>

:D :lol:

Forum List

Back