Vote for your race??

Quoting MLK
Saturday October 15th 2011 by abagond

Quoting Martin Luther King, Jr is a common racist defence of White Americans.

How can quoting one of the greatest civil rights leaders be racist? TransGriot put it this way:

Far too many times people are fixated on or like to quote the pre-August 28, 1963 words of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. People also have this irritating tendency to hurl pre-1963 MLK quotes at POC’s when they get nervous about POC’s venting about their battles with whiteness and white supremacy.

Whites quote MLK to silence.

The quote they most often use:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

King is seen as pushing a see-no-evil, kumbayah colour-blindness as the way to bring people together and end racism. So when people of colour are see-evil, race conscious and not properly kumbayah, whites use this quote to shut them up as being “divisive”, as going against the true spirit of Dr King (as sanitized by white people).

Yet King saw the evils of American society quite clearly – not just against blacks but in general. And he was hardly the sort to keep quiet about it to make peace with whites, which is what MLK-quoters seem to expect from people of colour. King:

Racial segregation must be seen for what it is – and that is an evil system, a new form of slavery covered up with certain niceties of complexity.

When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered.

John Kenneth Galbraith said that a guaranteed annual income could be done for about twenty billion dollars a year. And I say to you today, that if our nation can spend thirty-five billion dollars a year to fight an unjust, evil war in Vietnam, and twenty billion dollars to put a man on the moon, it can spend billions of dollars to put God’s children on their own two feet right here on earth.

A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.

Don’t let anybody make you think God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world.

It’s an evil war. No matter where it leads, no matter what abuses it may bring, I’m going to tell the truth.

We have destroyed their two most cherished institutions: the family and the village. We have destroyed their land and their crops. … We have corrupted their women and children and killed their men.

And far from pushing colour-blindness, King saw black pride as necessary:

We must stand up and say, “I’m black and I’m beautiful,” and this self-affirmation is the black man’s need, made compelling by the white man’s crimes against him.

Quoting MLK
Just a little dose of reality. MLK was a whore monger and liked to beat up prostitutes, according to his partner in the civil rights movement Ralph Abernathy.

Reality check: LOL! One minute people like you are quoting the only words you know about King trying to tell us to be like your version of him, the next you try this. :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:
It's not MY version of him, it's Ralph Abernathy's version of him. Are you calling MLKs best friend and partner in the civil rights movement a liar?

It's your version.

LincolnOnRace.jpg

The republican party. The party of Lincoln.

I'm getting tired of welfare drawing white trash talking shit. I know what X stood for, he didn't like either party. He's the one who said blacks must control the politics of our communities. Maybe it's time you whites shut the fuck up trying to tell us what black leaders stood for. Your punk asses can't even explain what white leaders are saying and after 242 years, your asses can't even explain what the so-called white "founders" stood for.
Hey dumbass, I never said X was a Republican. I posted the video because you obviously don't know you're a chump. It's right there for you to hear but you pretend you don't hear it. Pride, I guess. The thing is, IM2, you know he's right, and you know you're the guy he's talking about in the video. You think success is measured by how much payback you can get from Whitey. No need to get a job or pursue a career when you can make Whitey support you. Democrats understand you all too well and they've exploited your hate and nurtured it. It shows in your posts.

If this was 1964 maybe you'd make sense. Learn to read idiot. I said X didn't like either party not that he was a member of one. You really need to quit making dumb ass assumptions. If you republicans offered anything but racism you would not be trying so hard every day to tell me about democrats in 1964.
Again, stupid, I didn't say X was a Democrat or a Republican but for some reason that seems to be the only thing you can think of to say in response to what he said about the party you kneel to.

This is 2018 and when we blacks bring up shit whites have done we are told to stop living in the past. So stop living in the past.

You shoulda seen how he and his ilk melted down weeping and wailing because I posted about the history of lynching or the Tulsa Race Riots.

I'm getting tired of welfare drawing white trash talking shit. I know what X stood for, he didn't like either party. He's the one who said blacks must control the politics of our communities. Maybe it's time you whites shut the fuck up trying to tell us what black leaders stood for. Your punk asses can't even explain what white leaders are saying and after 242 years, your asses can't even explain what the so-called white "founders" stood for.
Hey dumbass, I never said X was a Republican. I posted the video because you obviously don't know you're a chump. It's right there for you to hear but you pretend you don't hear it. Pride, I guess. The thing is, IM2, you know he's right, and you know you're the guy he's talking about in the video. You think success is measured by how much payback you can get from Whitey. No need to get a job or pursue a career when you can make Whitey support you. Democrats understand you all too well and they've exploited your hate and nurtured it. It shows in your posts.

If this was 1964 maybe you'd make sense. Learn to read idiot. I said X didn't like either party not that he was a member of one. You really need to quit making dumb ass assumptions. If you republicans offered anything but racism you would not be trying so hard every day to tell me about democrats in 1964.
Again, stupid, I didn't say X was a Democrat or a Republican but for some reason that seems to be the only thing you can think of to say in response to what he said about the party you kneel to.

This is 2018 and when we blacks bring up shit whites have done we are told to stop living in the past. So stop living in the past.

You shoulda seen how he and his ilk melted down weeping and wailing because I posted about the history of lynching or the Tulsa Race Riots.

I would have liked to see that.

Again stupid that's EXACTLY what you said, and that's your post I quoted. The only thing is you didn't know who "X" was --- even though I've been giving you their names for six years. YOU LOSE.

And again I don't have a "party". What I do have is "actual history books".
You didn't post a quote of me saying X was a Republican, fucking liar. If I did, post it again right now. I'll wait.

Quoting MLK

How can quoting one of the greatest civil rights leaders be racist? TransGriot put it this way:

Far too many times people are fixated on or like to quote the pre-August 28, 1963 words of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. People also have this irritating tendency to hurl pre-1963 MLK quotes at POC’s when they get nervous about POC’s venting about their battles with whiteness and white supremacy.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

King is seen as pushing a see-no-evil, kumbayah colour-blindness as the way to bring people together and end racism. So when people of colour are see-evil, race conscious and not properly kumbayah, whites use this quote to shut them up as being “divisive”, as going against the true spirit of Dr King (as sanitized by white people).

Yet King saw the evils of American society quite clearly – not just against blacks but in general. And he was hardly the sort to keep quiet about it to make peace with whites, which is what MLK-quoters seem to expect from people of colour. King:

Racial segregation must be seen for what it is – and that is an evil system, a new form of slavery covered up with certain niceties of complexity.

When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered.

John Kenneth Galbraith said that a guaranteed annual income could be done for about twenty billion dollars a year. And I say to you today, that if our nation can spend thirty-five billion dollars a year to fight an unjust, evil war in Vietnam, and twenty billion dollars to put a man on the moon, it can spend billions of dollars to put God’s children on their own two feet right here on earth.

A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.

Don’t let anybody make you think God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world.

It’s an evil war. No matter where it leads, no matter what abuses it may bring, I’m going to tell the truth.

We have destroyed their two most cherished institutions: the family and the village. We have destroyed their land and their crops. … We have corrupted their women and children and killed their men.

We must stand up and say, “I’m black and I’m beautiful,” and this self-affirmation is the black man’s need, made compelling by the white man’s crimes against him.

Quoting MLK
Just a little dose of reality. MLK was a whore monger and liked to beat up prostitutes, according to his partner in the civil rights movement Ralph Abernathy.

Reality check: LOL! One minute people like you are quoting the only words you know about King trying to tell us to be like your version of him, the next you try this. :laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:
It's not MY version of him, it's Ralph Abernathy's version of him. Are you calling MLKs best friend and partner in the civil rights movement a liar?

Yes I am calling him a liar. He is also a sell out. How come not one person supports his claims?
Hey, IM2, did you forget which name you're logged in under? Pretty obvious. :lol:

Quoting MLK

Quoting MLK

Yes I am calling him a liar. He is also a sell out. How come not one person supports his claims?
Hey, IM2, did you forget which name you're logged in under? Pretty obvious. :lol:
I know you arent that bright but IM2 isnt spelled Asclepias.
laughing0301.gif

Stop embarrassing yourself and drop out of the thread. You have no business discussing a topic you know nothing about.

Stop embarrassing yourself and drop out of the thread. You have no business discussing a topic you know nothing about.
If that was true you wouldnt be allowed to post. You never know what you are talking about. :laugh:

Another meaningless post. Don't you ever get tired of praising yourself (especially when it's only a fantasy)?

If that was true you wouldnt be allowed to post. You never know what you are talking about. :laugh:
You must drink a lot. Do you find yourself asking yourself "Am I logged in as IM2 or Asclepias"?

Another meaningless post. Don't you ever get tired of praising yourself (especially when it's only a fantasy)?
Youre like a punching bag. Dumb but easy to punch. You dumb monkeys continually make up shit trying to soothe your inferiority complex. :laugh:

Youre like a punching bag. Dumb but easy to punch. You dumb monkeys continually make up shit trying to soothe your inferiority complex. :laugh:
You've posted nothing to back up anything you've said. You contribute absolutely nothing to this topic. All you have is empty personal attacks with no argument whatsoever.

You've posted nothing to back up anything you've said. You contribute absolutely nothing to this topic. All you have is empty personal attacks with no argument whatsoever.
Actually I did back up my point. You claimed MLK was a woman beater but no one makes that claim except Abernathy. All of the other Blacks say Abernathy is a liar. You couldnt explain why no one else made that claim. I mean can you at least come up with the woman he supposedly abused? Your shit is consistently weak.
laugh.gif

Actually I did back up my point. You claimed MLK was a woman beater but no one makes that claim except Abernathy. All of the other Blacks say Abernathy is a liar. You couldnt explain why no one else made that claim. I mean can you at least come up with the woman he supposedly abused? Your shit is consistently weak.
laugh.gif
And what would Abernathy's reason be for lying?

laugh.gif
Money and relevance. Your question should be why was he the only one to write a book claiming MLK did these things when there was no women to back him up?

laugh.gif
Money and relevance. Your question should be why was he the only one to write a book claiming MLK did these things when there was no women to back him up?
Prostitutes don't usually come forward after 50 years, idiot (if they're still alive).

laugh.gif
Prostitutes don't usually come forward after 50 years, idiot (if they're still alive).
Why would she wait 50 years you dumb monkey? If it occurred 50 years ago she would have reported it then and had instant help getting MLK arrested and embarrassed.

laugh.gif
Why would she wait 50 years you dumb monkey? If it occurred 50 years ago she would have reported it then and had instant help getting MLK arrested and embarrassed.
WTF are you talking about, boy? I told you not to drink before posting.

What the fuck difference would it make if MLK was a woman-beater anyway? Lol. Either his ideas were sound or they were not. His personal life could make him a hypocrite, potentially, but it does not invalidate his work, regardless.

What the fuck difference would it make if MLK was a woman-beater anyway? Lol. Either his ideas were sound or they were not. His personal life could make him a hypocrite, potentially, but it does not invalidate his work, regardless.
I find its the go to process for whites when they want to kill an idea. First they argue. Even before the argument is done they try to influence perception.by making up negative claims or actually finding something considered bad a person did in the past. If they want to promote an idea they do the opposite. They will make up stories about the person claiming he or she did this great deed. Then they will conveniently leave out or gloss over the fact the person raped dogs and infants in his spare time.

Forum List

Back