Vote for your race??

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
Lately (after Cortez win) I've heard it said by some that politicians should, physically, resemble the people in their district. Does that mean white people should only vote for other white people? Hmm... not sure how I feel about that idea.

Seems kind of ... stupid?

As a white woman, who has voted for men and women who are not of my sex and ethnic background, I would say that this thread is quite full of it. I have voted for white men, such as Al Gore, who is a white man from Tennessee, Jimmy Carter, a white man from Georgia, Bill Clinton, a white man from Arkansas, a white woman from Illinois, a man who was born a Hawaiian, the child of a white woman from Kansas and an African man from Kenya. Just what is it that you are trying to say?

As a white woman, who has voted for men and women who are not of my sex and ethnic background, I would say that this thread is quite full of it. I have voted for white men, such as Al Gore, who is a white man from Tennessee, Jimmy Carter, a white man from Georgia, Bill Clinton, a white man from Arkansas, a white woman from Illinois, a man who was born a Hawaiian, the child of a white woman from Kansas and an African man from Kenya. Just what is it that you are trying to say?

What are you trying to say?

White people tend to evaluate a candidate without regard to race. Black people vote for black people and hispanics vote for hispanics. As soon as Crowley's district became hispanic they voted in a hispanic. At least in the primary. It would be a big shock if she lost the general.

Lately (after Cortez win) I've heard it said by some that politicians should, physically, resemble the people in their district. Does that mean white people should only vote for other white people? Hmm... not sure how I feel about that idea.

It'll never fly. Two years ago a buncha white people voted for an orange guy.

lul

White people tend to evaluate a candidate without regard to race. Black people vote for black people and hispanics vote for hispanics. As soon as Crowley's district became hispanic they voted in a hispanic. At least in the primary. It would be a big shock if she lost the general.

Is that so? Without regard to race, hmm??? Seems unlikely.

And orange you glad we did?

Not at all. I was all about Colin Powell running for POTUS despite the rock and a hard place result that tarnished his legacy. Bobby Jindal as well. Depending on where one lives and a vast array of circumstances, voting by race only is absurd. Doing so severely limits candidate choices at minimum not to mention compromise of personal values for personification of self in certain instances.

I don't vote for race, I vote for ideology. If I voted for race, I'd be voting for white liberals. That would be really stupid.

Science news update: there is only one human race.
Voting for anyone is voting for your race.

Not at all. I was all about Colin Powell running for POTUS despite the rock and a hard place result that tarnished his legacy. Bobby Jindal as well. Depending on where one lives and a vast array of circumstances, voting by race only is absurd. Doing so severely limits candidate choices at minimum not to mention compromise of personal values for personification of self in certain instances.

That's not what democrats are saying.

That's not what democrats are saying.

And a great reason not to be one these days.

white woman from Kansas and an African man from Kenya. Just what is it that you are trying to say?
Science news update: there is only one human race.
Voting for anyone is voting for your race.
Humans are a species, not a race.

And humans have sub-species called races. And in other news the emperor has no clothes on.
True, but humans are still a species, not a race.

What are you trying to say?

That there are some, more ignorant people out there who vote by race, with the stipulation that some of the grossly ignorant follow ideologies that are based on race. We seem to have cancerous ideologies that are based on race (and sex, and religion). There are sickos out there who construct ideologies based on race (and gender, and religions). What I am saying is that the race, sex, religion, etc. of a candidate don't matter in my voting habits. I vote against sick cancerous ideologies that are based on race, sex, religion, etc. I am a clear voter. The candidates I have voted for come from all walks of life and all backgrounds, sexes, ethnicities, and from every part of the country. It is their ideas and ideologies that weight the most in my decisions at the polls.
BTW: I've heard of men from the cults who will not vote for a candidate because the candidate is female. Is this true???

Forum List

Back