In Colleges and Universities, why "Diversity"?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
If one school chooses its freshman class strictly on the basis of academic merit (all criteria objectively measurable, and published in advance), and another college uses some objective criteria, but takes pains to ensure a "diverse" freshman class, in what meaningful way would the "diverse" class be better?

I see nothing of value in diversity; indeed, diversity is the enemy of excellence. When "top" schools are considered, the diversity students are much more likely to fail (or have standards lowered to accommodate them), while they could be fully successful at a lesser school.

In sum, diversity itself is stupid. Which is why Leftists love it so much.

If one school chooses its freshman class strictly on the basis of academic merit (all criteria objectively measurable, and published in advance), and another college uses some objective criteria, but takes pains to ensure a "diverse" freshman class, in what meaningful way would the "diverse" class be better?

I see nothing of value in diversity; indeed, diversity is the enemy of excellence. When "top" schools are considered, the diversity students are much more likely to fail (or have standards lowered to accommodate them), while they could be fully successful at a lesser school.

Schools have never made choices based only on academic "'merit." Ever.

What does diversity mean, anyway?

Mainly blacks and Hispanics. No Asians, of course.

I always said I depend on meritocracy in the best schools: but that's a problem since Asians always win that race. Cutting whites out. Hmmmmmmm. Maybe there needs to be "diversity" admissions standards for whites. I hope I'm not going over to the other side........ The situation is more complicated than I realized.

First of all what you see isnt important. You are an irrelevant nobody.

Diversity leads directly to a better society primarily because you have different perspectives and different solutions. The more options you have the better. Does that make sense to your tiny brain?

You mean the good ole boy network isnt based on merit?

If they did,there wouldn't be any right wingernuts nor Republicans.

I know white wingers aren't going to understand this, but when it comes to gathering knowledge, you need as broad a base as possible to reflect the greatest number of opinions and insight. Only then do you get epiphanies.

Where are the centers of the American culture that has swept the world? California and New York, or Salt Lake City and Birmingham? Where are the centers of American innovation that brought us space exploration, computer technology and medical advancement? San Jose, Boston, Pittsburgh or Nashville, Boise and Little Rock?

Last edited:
I know white wingers aren't going to understand this, but when it comes to gathering knowledge, you need as broad a base as possible to reflect the greatest number of opinions and insight. Only then do you get epiphanies.

"We need a broad base of knowledge, boys. Better make sure everyone's skin looks different."

Brilliant. Bloody brilliant.

"We need a broad base of knowledge, boys. Better make sure everyone's skin looks different."

Yeah because believing people from different races will have different perspectives is not realistic. I cant believe I thought you had a modicum of intelligence. :laugh:

Yeah because believing people from different races will have different perspectives is not realistic. I cant believe I thought you had a modicum of intelligence. :laugh:

That's nice.

What that is called, is an assumption. Do you know what an assumption is? Maybe you can find me the definition through Google, just like you did with cognitive dissonance. Actually understanding the subject is too hard; takes too much time. I know.

That's nice.

What that is called, is an assumption. Do you know what an assumption is?
No thats called a fact. Do you know what a fact is?

That's nice.

Why don't you look it up for me? Put those Google fingers to work.

That's nice.

Dont need to. If you want education you need to work for it. I'm not here to do the work you should be doing for yourself.

That's nice.

Dont need to. If you want education you need to work for it. I'm not here to do the work you should be doing for yourself.

But you were all too happy to give me the (extremely limited in scope and stripped down) definition of cognitive dissonance, were you not? Where's the love?

That's nice.

But you were all too happy to give me the (extremely limited in scope and stripped down) definition of cognitive dissonance, were you not? Where's the love?
Thats right and you saw the poor results of not letting you learn by yourself. No love for those that wish to remain willfully ignorant.

That's nice.

Thats right and you saw the poor results of not letting you learn by yourself. No love for those that wish to remain willfully ignorant.

Looking at two people with different skin colors and assuming they "think differently" as a function of their skin is not only lazy, it is stupid and potentially racist.

If you want to continue to be lazy, stupid, and potentially racist, that's on you.

Looking at two people with different skin colors and assuming they "think differently" as a function of their skin is not only lazy, it is stupid and potentially racist.

If you want to continue to be lazy, stupid, and potentially racist, that's on you.
Nope. Only a dumb clown would look at people from two different races and assume they had the same perspective. Thats the primary problem with whites and why they have so many other races laugh at their stupidity. Not everyone believes Jesus was white or that columbus discovered america.

Forum List

Back