Virginia race too close to call

Democrats have to be nervous tonight. Obama and the Clintons pulled out the stops on this one. Obamacare and Hillary are toxic.

The AG vote is pretty close, if the Democrat wins, it's a very big deal. Women were a factor in the VA races. You're going to have to deal with this going forward. Women and the Shutdown will be factors in the Fall.

I live here. Both were zero factors.

Ok but you all will never learn by denying the facts.

The AG vote is pretty close, if the Democrat wins, it's a very big deal. Women were a factor in the VA races. You're going to have to deal with this going forward. Women and the Shutdown will be factors in the Fall.

NEITHER was a factor.

at all.

Women turned out for McAuliffe 50-42%. You're so stupid.

It is YOU who are stupid.
Women make more than 50% of those federal workers in N VA
and the majority of black voters are women as well.

neither demographic will vote Republican ever.

For Republicans...keep in mind, the Virginia State House is overwhelmingly Republican. I don't think McAuliffe has any agenda other than to line his own pockets and rip off the State. But if he has any agenda and it is not fairly mainstream....it goes no where. Basically....he's a figurehead.

Last edited:

I live here. Both were zero factors.

Ok but you all will never learn by denying the facts.

there is nothing to learn, except, maybe, for YOU
you have to consider which race were those women and where from were they geographically.

Northern Virginia has a lot of government workers, and many were not too pleased with the recent government shutdown. This likely tipped the scales in favor of McAuliffe.

We have to be on guard with the left trying to split the vote. On all levels.

I freaked the other day readiing that the Bush girls think of Hillary as their Aunt. I Want to see Aunt Hillary in the WH.

If Jeb runs he will run to split the vote on the right.

Looks like Attorney General will go Republican...bummer

Yeah, oh well. They pulled the other two out and for VA, having Democrats in there will be a big change. McAuliffe had better work his ass off.

Northern Virginia has a lot of government workers, and many were not too pleased with the recent government shutdown. This likely tipped the scales in favor of McAuliffe.

no. they voted dimocrap last year as well.
DC workers are union ones. which means they vote dimocrap as a default.

Hispanics and blacks are turning Virginia. They want infrastructure, science, tech and education ;)

I don't think the republicans can win nationally this state anymore. NOT THE SHIT PARTY.

You don't know many blacks or hispanics do you? Science, tech, infrastucture and education is profanity.

So much discrepancies in numbers.

New York Times 96% reporting has numbers:
McAuliffe 988,347 47.3%
Cuccinelli 961,946 46.0%
Sarvis 138,692 6.6%

Virginia Board of Elections 96.93% reporting numbers:
McAuliffe 955,245 47.32%
Cuccinelli 926,216 45.88%
Sarvis 133,505 6.61%

Why so much difference?

McAuliffe will squeak out the win and people will point out the Tea Party connection hurt the Republicans here they should also remember Obamacare hurt the Democrats making this race a lot closer than it probably should have been. If this dissatisfaction with Obamacare continues this could be a major problem for Democrats in the midterms.

The fact McAuliffe isn't running away with this race spells doom for Democrats in the midterms and the presidential election. If he doesn't win by 5%+ it will show that the Obamacare failure swayed the election late.

This is a lose lose situation for liberals.

Pre-election polls predicted McAuliffe would win by 6%. If he wins by a tiny margin this is not a good sign.

Well, no, not really, given that McDonnel got 59% of the vote last time.

Guy, the fact is, Democrats won two of the three big races tonight.. And the only one Republicans won was the one where they didn't run a crazy Teabagger.

Ame®icano;8105667 said:
So much discrepancies in numbers.

New York Times 96% reporting has numbers:
McAuliffe 988,347 47.3%
Cuccinelli 961,946 46.0%
Sarvis 138,692 6.6%

Virginia Board of Elections 96.93% reporting numbers:
McAuliffe 955,245 47.32%
Cuccinelli 926,216 45.88%
Sarvis 133,505 6.61%

Why so much difference?

Perhaps this is why Fox isn't covering it for the time being.

Forum List

Back