Virginia race too close to call

Northern Virginia has a lot of government workers, and many were not too pleased with the recent government shutdown. This likely tipped the scales in favor of McAuliffe.

no. they voted dimocrap last year as well.
DC workers are union ones. which means they vote dimocrap as a default.
True. I meant that they turned out in mass volume to vote. This greatly helped McAuliffe win.

I wrote below @ http://www.usmessageboard.com/election-forums/322822-virginia-governor-s-race.html

Give Cuchinellis and his TeaP support kudos; they worked hard and almost did it.

Sardis took 7% of the vote. Harcore libertarians hate the TeaPs as much as they do the Democrats.

McAuliffe won by 1%.

The northern counties, suburbs to DC, went for McAuliffe because of the TeaPs taking the blame for the govt shutdown and the debt crisis. 60% of women went for McAullife (reproductive rights).

Cuchinelli pushed Obamacare hard and almost pulled off an upset.

I think the TeaPs are going to push Boehner in January to pull the trigger on debt and budget over Obamacare.

If that happens, world economic dislocation is a real possibility. Retire your debt to credit cards as much as possible and build your capital. We could be in for a wild ride.

Ame®icano;8105667 said:
So much discrepancies in numbers.

New York Times 96% reporting has numbers:
McAuliffe 988,347 47.3%
Cuccinelli 961,946 46.0%
Sarvis 138,692 6.6%

Virginia Board of Elections 96.93% reporting numbers:
McAuliffe 955,245 47.32%
Cuccinelli 926,216 45.88%
Sarvis 133,505 6.61%

Why so much difference?

Perhaps this is why Fox isn't covering it for the time being.

Or perhaps Fox knew they were going to have to swallow the throw up in their mouths covering this particular election night. They're sore losers just like some of you are.

Northern Virginia has a lot of government workers, and many were not too pleased with the recent government shutdown. This likely tipped the scales in favor of McAuliffe.

True. I meant that they turned out in mass volume to vote. This greatly helped McAuliffe win.

I suspect those are all essential government workers. :eusa_shifty:

Another reason to de-unionize Washington.

We have to be on guard with the left trying to split the vote. On all levels.

I freaked the other day readiing that the Bush girls think of Hillary as their Aunt. I Want to see Aunt Hillary in the WH.

If Jeb runs he will run to split the vote on the right.

The left doesn't have to do shit. The TPM is doing just fine on splitting the GOP.

McAuliffe will squeak out the win and people will point out the Tea Party connection hurt the Republicans here they should also remember Obamacare hurt the Democrats making this race a lot closer than it probably should have been. If this dissatisfaction with Obamacare continues this could be a major problem for Democrats in the midterms.

Not a chance. You are talking about the greatest propaganda machine in human history, namely the progressive DNC.

They will spin this and make the insurance companies the bad guy.

The average human being is a retard.

the figures do not support this.

the difference is MINISCULE - about 1.5% and it was larger last year.

And interestingly enough Sarvis gained in those precincts as well - not much, but still thousands.

I wrote below @ http://www.usmessageboard.com/election-forums/322822-virginia-governor-s-race.html

Give Cuchinellis and his TeaP support kudos; they worked hard and almost did it.

Sardis took 7% of the vote. Harcore libertarians hate the TeaPs as much as they do the Democrats.

McAuliffe won by 1%.

The northern counties, suburbs to DC, went for McAuliffe because of the TeaPs taking the blame for the govt shutdown and the debt crisis. 60% of women went for McAullife (reproductive rights).

I think the TeaPs are going to push Boehner in January to pull the trigger on debt and budget over Obamacare.

If that happens, world economic dislocation is a real possibility. Retire your debt to credit cards as much as possible and build your capital. We could be in for a wild ride.

I think this race indicates nothing.

This was the kind of election South Park would consider a choice between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich... They were both awful candidates, a corrupt power broker vs. a religious fanatic.

McAuliffe won by 1%.

This was the kind of election South Park would consider a choice between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich... They were both awful candidates, a corrupt power broker vs. a religious fanatic.

JoeB the Dem is trembling, as he will should be.

McAuliffe won by 1%.

Whatever Jake. The Lt. Governor won by almost 10%, the AG Dem is very close. The message is not how good a job Cuccinelli did, it's that a Democrat won in VA and there were several factors there. If a convention had not nominated Cuccinelli, a Republican would be Governor right now.

Republicans just won't accept that they are doing anything wrong. They are.

McAuliffe won by 1%.

The VA race does indicate something: that when the GOP runs a religious fanatic, they’re going to lose – even against a corrupt power broker.

Ame®icano;8105667 said:
So much discrepancies in numbers.

New York Times 96% reporting has numbers:
McAuliffe 988,347 47.3%
Cuccinelli 961,946 46.0%
Sarvis 138,692 6.6%

Virginia Board of Elections 96.93% reporting numbers:
McAuliffe 955,245 47.32%
Cuccinelli 926,216 45.88%
Sarvis 133,505 6.61%

Why so much difference?

Perhaps this is why Fox isn't covering it for the time being.
Yep, couldn't get any coverage on FOX so had to unfortunately watch it on CNN.

McAuliffe won by 1%.

The VA race does indicate something: that when the GOP runs a religious fanatic, they’re going to lose – even against a corrupt power broker.

If the election day had been next week, the Pubs would have won.

Same for New York. Bill De Blasio is New York's first Democratic mayor in 20 years.

Yeah, they got the job done there too.
True. Chris Christie also got the job done. He was projected to win New Jersey, and he didn't disappoint. He won big.

He did win big. 20 points. I was listening to his speech just now and I realized he needs to work on that. I got so bored with his speech.

McAuliffe won by 1%.

Why should I be? The national dynamics still suck for the Republicans until they get right with minorities, women and working folks.

And nominating Jabba the Hutt with his corrupt background that Romney rejected isn't going to fix that.

Why should I be? The national dynamics still suck for the Republicans until they get right with minorities, women and working folks.

And nominating Jabba the Hutt with his corrupt background that Romney rejected isn't going to fix that.

Yup, when you are talking like this, you are worried. You should be.

Forum List

Back