Violence is not a product of mental illness Violence is a product of anger

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
upload_2018-2-18_11-35-25.png

n the 1980s, around the time of the massive deinstitutionalization of the mentally ill, I was working toward my degree in clinical psychology by training at a psychiatric hospital in Washington, D.C. One sweet, diminutive, elderly patient sometimes wandered the halls. She had been committed to the hospital after she stabbed someone in a supermarket. She was what is sometimes referred to as a revolving-door patient: She was schizophrenic and heard frightening voices in her head, and when she became psychotic enough, she would be hospitalized, stabilized on medication, and then released back to the community. There she would soon go off her medication, become psychotic, be rehospitalized, stabilized again on medication, released, etc.

Violence Is Not a Product of Mental Illness. Violence Is a Product of Anger.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an informative anger would do this over mental illness, but there is a huge play in prescribed drugs that are also to blame since almost all of these mass shooters are on prescribed drugs.

But add drugs to the anger and we have the perfect ingredients for a mass shooter...............

Mental illness is the cause of uncontrollable anger & violence.

If you were processing your anger like a rational person you wouldn't snap but because you have some underlying psychological problem you are controlled by the anger rather than controlling it.

• Banned

If you were processing your anger like a rational person you wouldn't snap but because you have some underlying psychological problem you are controlled by the anger rather than controlling it.

One will always compliment the other it surely seems. Drugs cause behavior issues, behavior issues react with those drugs add family issues to it . etc, etc, etc.........

It seems back before technology came to be as we know it today, people just didn't have such severe issues as we do today not to mention it was running rampant in the population as it also seems to be doing today.

One will always compliment the other it surely seems. Drugs cause behavior issues, behavior issues react with those drugs add family issues to it . etc, etc, etc.........

It seems back before technology came to be as we know it today, people just didn't have such severe issues as we do today not to mention it was running rampant in the population as it also seems to be doing today.
The uptic is due to two factors imo.

Social media
Putting kids on drugs rather than teaching them coping skills

I have had schizophrenia for fifty years. It has progressed from simple schizophrenia to paranoid schizophrenia in two major episodes. The first in my twenties and the second in my forties. In spite of all that crap I have never been violent. But I can perfectly understand why some people react violently, especially if they have paranoia.

Initially I heard voices in my head and ears, which were very frightening, because I though they were evil spirits.
But I could not blame anyone for that so had no reason to be violent. But in my forties I heard voices of people talking about killing me, and I had good reason to feel like harming them in self defense. But I was aware of the symptoms of schizophrenia ,so I gave people the benefit of the doubt, and decided I would not harm anyone unless they actually attacked me first. I lived through all that without taking medication, and probably survived because I am not stupid, just schizophrenic. I now take a small dose of abilify daily and am quite stable.

Man's normal state is one of anger and violence. Those instincts have to be constrained by social conditioning, and even with good social conditioning, pathology (someone being a sociopath, and immune to constructive socialization) will always exist.

The current culture denies human nature, particularly for boys. They are encouraged to act like little girls and pretend that they hate violence, and that they don't really want to kick the shit out of their enemies and rivals. it's no wonder some of them go nutz.

males commit over 85% of murders therefore it is a ''natural'' male phenomenon --not a human one
it is ''natural'' for them to be aggressive leading to violence
..the males are mostly the ones that attack, become so violent--that they kill

Forum List

Back