Vince Young

Anyone else get the feeling that this asshat is a USC fan who has hated Vince Young since he single handedly beat USC in the National Championship game?

And here's two facts for the guy who claims he's not a running QB:

Fact: Vince Young had over 1,000 yards rushing both seasons in college.

Fact: In Vince Young's only two full seasons as a starter he finished second and then led the NFL in QB rushing yards.

And it's hilarious that you mention the QBs in Tennessee's wins and losses but you conveniently ignore that the one constant in all of their losses was Kerry Collins and the one constant in all of their wins is Vince Young.

Those QB's did't average less than 200 passing yards a game, or average less than 0.65 TD passes a game over the course of their four year careers, like Vince Young has. Hence, Vince Young is the essence of mediocrity!

WRONG! Those quarterbacks did average less than 200 yard per game for their first four years. As a matter of fact, only 11 starting quarterbacks from 2008 averaged more than 200 yards in their first four years. Now, take into account that this doesn't include second and third string quarterbacks that started their careers elsewhere. This also doesn't include the past quarterbacks to play the game. Now if you want to clarify your definitions of "mediocre" and "good" then we might just find out that we just use the words differently. If you qualify Peyton Manning as a good quarterback, then I will accept you calling Young mediocre.

Well, this was fun! As my homie Tyrone would say, "You just got tore up!".

The rest of your post were excuses. No need to reply.

Those QB's did't average less than 200 passing yards a game, or average less than 0.65 TD passes a game over the course of their four year careers, like Vince Young has. Hence, Vince Young is the essence of mediocrity!

WRONG! Those quarterbacks did average less than 200 yard per game for their first four years. As a matter of fact, only 11 starting quarterbacks from 2008 averaged more than 200 yards in their first four years. Now, take into account that this doesn't include second and third string quarterbacks that started their careers elsewhere. This also doesn't include the past quarterbacks to play the game. Now if you want to clarify your definitions of "mediocre" and "good" then we might just find out that we just use the words differently. If you qualify Peyton Manning as a good quarterback, then I will accept you calling Young mediocre.

The rest of your post were excuses. No need to reply.
Translation: "I can't come up with a good rebuttal, so I'll take the cowards way out."

I continue to provide facts, which you continue to hide from. And now you are cowering, afraid to dispute my statements one by one, as I so easily did to yours. Way to run and hide, coward! You keep running from the facts!

Anyone else get the feeling that this asshat is a USC fan who has hated Vince Young since he single handedly beat USC in the National Championship game?
Not only have I never been to the state of California, but I live in Austin, Texas!

Is that all you've got? You are so afraid to stand up to my statements and facts, that you hide behind trying to discredit me as a person. Grow some balls!

And it's hilarious that you mention the QBs in Tennessee's wins and losses but you conveniently ignore that the one constant in all of their losses was Kerry Collins and the one constant in all of their wins is Vince Young.
LOL, that was suppose to be very clear, at least to people with common sense. You know why? Because everyone knows that the Titans lost in every one of Collins starts, and won in every one Young's starts.

Did you eat a lot of glue growing up?

Fact: In Vince Young's only two full seasons as a starter he finished second and then led the NFL in QB rushing yards.
Jesus, is this a serious statement?

Why would you bring up Vince Young's rushing yards in college, when we are talking about Vince Young, the NFL QB? How does that apply?

Why don't you tell me Young's rushing yards the three years after his rookie season? No problem, I will.

2007: 395
2008: 27
2009: 159

Now that's a rushing QB!

jgbkab, I'll be more than happy to address your terrible points, one by one.....

"Reported? What was the score exactly? Also, nearly 95 percent of starting rookie quarterbacks have more Ints than TDs in their first three seasons. That's a given. You act as if VY is the exception."

It was first reported that Young scored a 6 on the wonderlic test. His people concocted a PR defense, and said it was really a 16. Nobody really knows for sure, hence I used the word "reported".

Vince Young is in his 4th season in the NFL, and will turn 27 years old in 5 months. A few things you've conveniently left out:

" He has a passing average of under 200 yards a game because he runs the ball also. You expect a Michael Vick type quarterback to put up 300 yrds passing every game and then rush for 100 yards?"

Vince Young's rushing yards per game:

2006: 37
2007: 26
2008: 9
2009: 23

Just because he's black, doesn't mean he's a running QB. Smarten' up!

Furthermore, including Vince Young's rushing yards, he would still average under 200 yds per game!

"They played a tougher schedule, right? Well, in those 6 losses, they played two of those teams again in the 5 wins. And they're about to play a 3rd team they lost to this week. They only gave up 13 points in their opening loss. So we can conclude that VY would have at least went 2-4 (3-3 if he could have mustered 14 points in the opener) in those first 6 games right? And the defense didn't give up 33 points a game, they gave up 60 points to NE. That will really screw up your average."

But the fact remains, the Titans did give up 59 points to the Patriots! The fact that they did, further proves how bad the defense was. You can't discredit something that happened, just to help out your side of the argument. But for arguments sake, let's say the Titans defense only gave up 30 points to the Patriots. That's 28 points per game the Titans allowed over the course of their 6 losses. In four games they allowed at least 30 points, with 24 and 13 being the total they gave up in the remaining two losses. In the Titans 5 wins, they haven't allowed 30 points in any game. They have given up 18 points per game in games Vince Young has started!

The Titans 6 losses were:

@Pittsburgh
Houston
@Jets
@Jacksonville
Indianapolis
@New England

Their 5 wins were:

Jacksonville(Home game this time. Vince Young throws for an amazing 125 yds. Chris Johnson runs for 228 yds, and scores 2 TD's. That's right, Chris Johnson rushed for over 100 more yards than Vince Young passed for! The Titans defense allowed 24 less points to Jacksonville in this game than they did in their loss.)

@San Francisco(Vince Young passes for an amazing 172 yards, throwing 0 TD's. Chris Johnson rushes for 135 yards, and 2 TD's. The 49R's go with fellow mediocre QB Alex Smith, a backup to start the season!)

Buffalo(Vince Young goes heads up with yet another mediocre QB, in Trent Edwards. Young throws for 210 yds, a td and and int. Chris Johnson rushes for 132 yds, and 2 td's. Oh, and Chris Johnson has 100 yds receiving. Once again, out totaling Vince Young!) Are you catching the Chris Johnson theme yet?

@Houston(Vince Young throws for an amazing 116 yds. Chris Johnson runs for 151 yds. Once again, Johnson puts up more yards than Young! The Titans defense allows 17 fewer points in this game, than they did in their loss to the Texans.)

Arizona(Arizona starts Matt Leinart in place of the injured, Kurt Warner. Vince Young puts up nearly 400 yds passing yards, and plays well. Chris Johnson rushes for 154 Yards and a TD.)

In 3 of their 5 wins, Chris Johnson accumulated more yards than Vince Young passed for!

Oh, and let's compare the QB's who were starting in losses, compared to wins:

QB's in the Titans 6 losses:

Ben Roethlisberger
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Matt Schaub
David Garrard
Mark Sanchez

QB's in the Titans 5 wins:

Alex Smith
Trent Edwards
Matt Leinart
David Garrard
Matt Schaub

"Which ones are mediocre and which ones are average?"

For anyone who knows football, it's pretty simple to spot who's mediocre and who's average, from this list. But this is you we are talking about, so I'll grab your hand and take you through this!

Shaun Hill: Mediocre
Kerry Collins: Average
Rex Grossman: Mediocre
Trent Dilfer: Average
Mark Rypien: Average
Doug Williams: Average
Jeff Hostetler: Average

jgbkab, I'm embarassed for you as a human, for ducking my staments and facts!

jgbkab, I'll be more than happy to address your terrible points, one by one.....

"Reported? What was the score exactly? Also, nearly 95 percent of starting rookie quarterbacks have more Ints than TDs in their first three seasons. That's a given. You act as if VY is the exception."

It was first reported that Young scored a 6 on the wonderlic test. His people concocted a PR defense, and said it was really a 16. Nobody really knows for sure, hence I used the word "reported".

Reported and concocted. That sounds like speculation and assumption on your part. Stop making an asshole out of yourself.

Vince Young is in his 4th season in the NFL, and will turn 27 years old in 5 months. A few things you've conveniently left out:

WRONG! Those quarterbacks did average less than 200 yard per game for their first four years. As a matter of fact, only 11 starting quarterbacks from 2008 averaged more than 200 yards in their first four years. Now, take into account that this doesn't include second and third string quarterbacks that started their careers elsewhere. This also doesn't include the past quarterbacks to play the game. Did you not see this the first time?

" He has a passing average of under 200 yards a game because he runs the ball also. You expect a Michael Vick type quarterback to put up 300 yrds passing every game and then rush for 100 yards?"

Vince Young's rushing yards per game:

2006: 37
2007: 26
2008: 9
2009: 23

Just because he's black, doesn't mean he's a running QB. Smarten' up!

See, there you go with those black and white stats again that cloud your common sense. The average rushing yards of a black running QB is 25 to 50 yards per game. So he had a bad season in the mix. That's not unheard of is it? Come again.

Furthermore, including Vince Young's rushing yards, he would still average under 200 yds per game!

As would most QBs in their first four years in the NFL. Come again.

"They played a tougher schedule, right? Well, in those 6 losses, they played two of those teams again in the 5 wins. And they're about to play a 3rd team they lost to this week. They only gave up 13 points in their opening loss. So we can conclude that VY would have at least went 2-4 (3-3 if he could have mustered 14 points in the opener) in those first 6 games right? And the defense didn't give up 33 points a game, they gave up 60 points to NE. That will really screw up your average."

But the fact remains, the Titans did give up 59 points to the Patriots! The fact that they did, further proves how bad the defense was. You can't discredit something that happened, just to help out your side of the argument. But for arguments sake, let's say the Titans defense only gave up 30 points to the Patriots. That's 28 points per game the Titans allowed over the course of their 6 losses. In four games they allowed at least 30 points, with 24 and 13 being the total they gave up in the remaining two losses. In the Titans 5 wins, they haven't allowed 30 points in any game. They have given up 18 points per game in games Vince Young has started!

Let's play the what if game. In the last 5 wins, the defense averaged 18.2 points a game. Pretty impressive compared to the 33 PPG before, right? Well, even with the defense holding the teams in the first 6 losses to 18 points each, they still would have been 1 - 5. Ahh, that's much better. That pretty much throws your defense defense out the window. Come again.

The Titans 6 losses were:

@Pittsburgh
Houston
@Jets
@Jacksonville
Indianapolis
@New England

Their 5 wins were:

Jacksonville(Home game this time. Vince Young throws for an amazing 125 yds. Chris Johnson runs for 228 yds, and scores 2 TD's. That's right, Chris Johnson rushed for over 100 more yards than Vince Young passed for! The Titans defense allowed 24 less points to Jacksonville in this game than they did in their loss.)

Against a terrible Jacksonville run defense that allowed him 141 yards and two TDs on two carries? Puleeze! The Titans racked up over 300 yards rushing SO what coach in his right mind would call pass plays? Use common sense.

@San Francisco(Vince Young passes for an amazing 172 yards, throwing 0 TD's. Chris Johnson rushes for 135 yards, and 2 TD's. The 49R's go with fellow mediocre QB Alex Smith, a backup to start the season!)

Yes, when you have goal line to go within the 5 yard line with a run first team, the coach isn't going to pass the ball. Hence, the running back having two touchdowns and the QB having none.

Buffalo(Vince Young goes heads up with yet another mediocre QB, in Trent Edwards. Young throws for 210 yds, a td and and int. Chris Johnson rushes for 132 yds, and 2 td's. Oh, and Chris Johnson has 100 yds receiving. Once again, out totaling Vince Young!) Are you catching the Chris Johnson theme yet?

Was Chris Johnson throwing the ball to himself? Where was Chris Johnson in the first 6 games? If he is singlehandedly taking over game now, he should have squeaked one win in the first 6 games, right? I'm not sure why you think VY is going head to head or "heads up" with other QBs. They aren't on the field at the same time so there is no relevance.

@Houston(Vince Young throws for an amazing 116 yds. Chris Johnson runs for 151 yds. Once again, Johnson puts up more yards than Young! The Titans defense allows 17 fewer points in this game, than they did in their loss to the Texans.)

Yes, he threw for 116 and rushed for 73 yards. It's funny how you include Johnson's rushing and receiving yards above but conveniently leave out young's rushing yardage.

Arizona(Arizona starts Matt Leinart in place of the injured, Kurt Warner. Vince Young puts up nearly 400 yds passing yards, and plays well. Chris Johnson rushes for 154 Yards and a TD.)

I'm guessing this is one game you concede.

In 3 of their 5 wins, Chris Johnson accumulated more yards than Vince Young passed for!

In a run first offense. What is your point?

Oh, and let's compare the QB's who were starting in losses, compared to wins:

QB's in the Titans 6 losses:

Ben Roethlisberger
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Matt Schaub
David Garrard
Mark Sanchez

QB's in the Titans 5 wins:

Alex Smith
Trent Edwards
Matt Leinart
David Garrard
Matt Schaub

Vince Young doesn't play against other quarterbacks. What is your point?

"Which ones are mediocre and which ones are average?"

For anyone who knows football, it's pretty simple to spot who's mediocre and who's average, from this list. But this is you we are talking about, so I'll grab your hand and take you through this!

Shaun Hill: Mediocre
Kerry Collins: Average
Rex Grossman: Mediocre
Trent Dilfer: Average
Mark Rypien: Average
Doug Williams: Average
Jeff Hostetler: Average

I don't need you to grab my hand, I need you to explain to me your illogical way of thinking. Now if you want to clarify your definitions of "mediocre" and "good" then we might just find out that we just use the words differently. If you qualify Peyton Manning as a good quarterback, then I will accept you calling Young mediocre.

Well, this was fun! As my homie Tyrone would say, "You just got tore up!". jgbkab, I'm embarassed for you as a human, for ducking my staments and facts!

Trust me, I wasn't ducking your statements. I need you to learn how to use the quote function so it won't take me 30 minutes to reply to your opinions...or at least fake it like I do. Another one like this and I will ignore it. Now call Tyrone...and see what he has to say now, homie.

Last edited:
Not only have I never been to the state of California, but I live in Austin, Texas!

Is that all you've got? You are so afraid to stand up to my statements and facts, that you hide behind trying to discredit me as a person. Grow some balls!

That still doesn't mean that you're not a USC fan. Your backwards way of thinking would make me a Francis Marion University or a Coastal College fan.

Hey, when you have the refs on your side, how can you lose?

Vince Young's High-Five With Referee Explained (PHOTO, VIDEO)

Just ask Terry Bradshaw and Franco Harris about the "Immaculate Reception". Hehe, I'll never forget that! {waiting for a Steeler fan to deny favortism}

Immie

Oh my, he had the same ref 5 games in a row? :eusa_eh:

Relax! Just kidding.

Immie

I know. I thought that was kind of odd also, until I read what the ref said. Kinda reminded me of the Naked Gun movie.

Oh my, he had the same ref 5 games in a row? :eusa_eh:

Relax! Just kidding.

Immie

I know. I thought that was kind of odd also, until I read what the ref said. Kinda reminded me of the Naked Gun movie.

It was kind of funny and at least according to the Ref and the NFL, it was not a "High Five", but even if it was it would not have shown bias on the part of the ref in my opinion. A high five is nothing more than a way to say congratulations. Of course, it would not be a good thing in the eyes of the NFL to have the officials make a practice of slapping players on the back or high fiving them and Lord knows the NFL can't allow its employees to have any fun on or off the field... damn, they wont even let the players celebrate a touchdown because they have become so politically correct and they are afraid of offending other players.

Immie

Lacking Sense is an idiot.

23-11 as a starter, currently on a 9-0 streak as a starter. Best starting record between himself, Cutler and Leinart. Nope, that's not a 'good QB' at all.

But hey, don't take my word for it or anything....

On Sunday November 26, 2006 Vince Young led his first NFL fourth-quarter comeback, against the New York Giants. With the Giants leading 21-0, the tide suddenly changed after New York quarterback Eli Manning threw an interception to Pacman Jones. Young subsequently led a scoring drive, throwing a touchdown pass to ex-Longhorn teammate Bo Scaife. After the Titans forced a three-and-out, Young ran an option play for a touchdown on the next drive. Another successful stop led to Young throwing his second touchdown of the quarter. After another Eli Manning interception to Pacman Jones, this time with only 30 seconds left in the game, Young calmly led his team down the field for Rob Bironas' game-winning field goal; the final score was 24-21 over the Giants. It is statistically the best performance of Vince Young's NFL career: he went 24/35 for 249 yards and two touchdowns, with a 107.9 passer rating. He also rushed 10 times for 69 yards and a touchdown.

A week later, Young led another come-from-behind victory over the Indianapolis Colts who, prior to the game, held a 10-1 record. Rob Bironas iced the game with a 60-yard field goal. The 14-point comeback marked the first time in NFL history that a rookie quarterback led two 14+ point comebacks in the same season.

On Sunday December 24, 2006, Vince Young led yet another come-from-behind victory over the Buffalo Bills who, along with the Titans, had a 7-7 record and were competing for an AFC wild card playoff spot. This time the comeback was from 9 points down after Rian Lindell kicked a 24-yard field goal at the end of the 3rd quarter to make the score 29-20 in favor of the Bills. Young then led the Titans on a 9-play, 62-yard drive that spanned 4:16 and ended with a 29-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Jones to make the score 27-29. After a three and out by the Buffalo Bills, Young again led his team on a 7:15, 14-play scoring drive that culminated in a 30-yard field goal by Rob Bironas, putting the Titans on top 30-29. Bironas' kick would prove to be the winning points. Young ended the day going 13-of-20 for 183 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions, with a rating of 127.7. He also rushed 8 times for 61 yards and 1 touchdown.

Young holds the NFL record for rushing yards by a rookie quarterback with 552, breaking the old record of 408 yards set by Bobby Douglass in 1969. He won the Associated Press NFL Offensive Rookie of The Year honors at the conclusion of the 2006 NFL campaign, becoming only the third quarterback to win the award, along with Dennis Shaw and Ben Roethlisberger.

Of the rookie QB class of 2006, Vince Young has the best record as a starter, surpassing the only other three starting rookie QB's: Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, and Bruce Gradkowski. During the 2006 season, Vince Young led the Tennessee Titans to eight wins including six straight wins. He had a record of 8-5 as a starter. Of the wins, four of them were fourth quarter comebacks, including three straight fourth quarter comebacks. His passer rating was 66.7, which ranked 30th of 31 qualified quarterbacks in the NFL that season. Only Tampa Bay quarterback Bruce Gradkowski had a lower rating of 65.9.

btw, Brett Favre has the career record in wins, why is it I'm suddenly not remembering people point out the fact that none of HIS career wins came all by himself, but were in fact, a team effort? When Vince wins, its was a 'team effort', when Brett wins, its b/c he's a great QB.

Oh, and as for Chris Johnson, he also had a 197 and a 128 yard game this season and both were losses for the Titans. The difference? Kerry at QB vs Vince at QB. There's a FACT for you.

Lacking Sense is an idiot.

23-11 as a starter, currently on a 9-0 streak as a starter. Best starting record between himself, Cutler and Leinart. Nope, that's not a 'good QB' at all.

But hey, don't take my word for it or anything....

On Sunday November 26, 2006 Vince Young led his first NFL fourth-quarter comeback, against the New York Giants. With the Giants leading 21-0, the tide suddenly changed after New York quarterback Eli Manning threw an interception to Pacman Jones. Young subsequently led a scoring drive, throwing a touchdown pass to ex-Longhorn teammate Bo Scaife. After the Titans forced a three-and-out, Young ran an option play for a touchdown on the next drive. Another successful stop led to Young throwing his second touchdown of the quarter. After another Eli Manning interception to Pacman Jones, this time with only 30 seconds left in the game, Young calmly led his team down the field for Rob Bironas' game-winning field goal; the final score was 24-21 over the Giants. It is statistically the best performance of Vince Young's NFL career: he went 24/35 for 249 yards and two touchdowns, with a 107.9 passer rating. He also rushed 10 times for 69 yards and a touchdown.

A week later, Young led another come-from-behind victory over the Indianapolis Colts who, prior to the game, held a 10-1 record. Rob Bironas iced the game with a 60-yard field goal. The 14-point comeback marked the first time in NFL history that a rookie quarterback led two 14+ point comebacks in the same season.

On Sunday December 24, 2006, Vince Young led yet another come-from-behind victory over the Buffalo Bills who, along with the Titans, had a 7-7 record and were competing for an AFC wild card playoff spot. This time the comeback was from 9 points down after Rian Lindell kicked a 24-yard field goal at the end of the 3rd quarter to make the score 29-20 in favor of the Bills. Young then led the Titans on a 9-play, 62-yard drive that spanned 4:16 and ended with a 29-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Jones to make the score 27-29. After a three and out by the Buffalo Bills, Young again led his team on a 7:15, 14-play scoring drive that culminated in a 30-yard field goal by Rob Bironas, putting the Titans on top 30-29. Bironas' kick would prove to be the winning points. Young ended the day going 13-of-20 for 183 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions, with a rating of 127.7. He also rushed 8 times for 61 yards and 1 touchdown.

Young holds the NFL record for rushing yards by a rookie quarterback with 552, breaking the old record of 408 yards set by Bobby Douglass in 1969. He won the Associated Press NFL Offensive Rookie of The Year honors at the conclusion of the 2006 NFL campaign, becoming only the third quarterback to win the award, along with Dennis Shaw and Ben Roethlisberger.

Of the rookie QB class of 2006, Vince Young has the best record as a starter, surpassing the only other three starting rookie QB's: Matt Leinart, Jay Cutler, and Bruce Gradkowski. During the 2006 season, Vince Young led the Tennessee Titans to eight wins including six straight wins. He had a record of 8-5 as a starter. Of the wins, four of them were fourth quarter comebacks, including three straight fourth quarter comebacks. His passer rating was 66.7, which ranked 30th of 31 qualified quarterbacks in the NFL that season. Only Tampa Bay quarterback Bruce Gradkowski had a lower rating of 65.9.

btw, Brett Favre has the career record in wins, why is it I'm suddenly not remembering people point out the fact that none of HIS career wins came all by himself, but were in fact, a team effort? When Vince wins, its was a 'team effort', when Brett wins, its b/c he's a great QB.

Oh, and as for Chris Johnson, he also had a 197 and a 128 yard game this season and both were losses for the Titans. The difference? Kerry at QB vs Vince at QB. There's a FACT for you.

Good stuff.

LOL, that was suppose to be very clear, at least to people with common sense. You know why? Because everyone knows that the Titans lost in every one of Collins starts, and won in every one Young's starts.

Did you eat a lot of glue growing up?

No but you like to point to how Chris Johnson effected the wins but ignore the fact that he was a factor in the losses as well. The fact that Vince has won every game he started this season is something you can't dick your way out of.

Jesus, is this a serious statement?

Why would you bring up Vince Young's rushing yards in college, when we are talking about Vince Young, the NFL QB? How does that apply?

Why don't you tell me Young's rushing yards the three years after his rookie season? No problem, I will.

2007: 395
2008: 27
2009: 159

Now that's a rushing QB!

It applies because you made the boneheaded claim that he's not a running QB. His college stats are evidence that refute that claim. His 395 rushing yards in 2007 led the league in QB rushing. The year prior he set a rookie QB record for rushing yards. Sure his numbers were nonexistent in 2008 and 2009, he barely played.

Keep slamming back those glasses of Haterade ...

Forum List

Back