Vince Young

Yeah, because one game determines how good a player is. :rolleyes:

06': 15 Games ... 12 TD ... 13 Int ... 2199 Yds ... 144 Passing Yards Per Game
07': 15 Games ... 9 TD ... 17 Int ... 2546 Yds ... 169 Passing Yards Per Game
08': 3 Games ... 1 TD ... 2 Int ... 219 Yds ... 73 Passing Yards Per Game
09': 5 Games ... 4 TD ... 2 Int ... 1010 Yds ... 202 Passing Yards Per Game

If Vince Young isn't a crap QB, I don't know who is!

At least we've worked out who IS a crap armchair talent scout.

LOL, says the guy who just compared Vince Young to Terry Bradshaw. And is trying to call a QB with 26 career TD passes and 34 career int's, along with averaging under 200 passing yards a game over his career, a good QB.

LOL, stop while you are ahead sheep.

Hey McNamara ... put the crack pipe down and back away slowly ..:eusa_whistle:

You're a liar. Period. I made no such comparison as you claim.

You're trying to base your fucked up opinion of Vince Young Based on numbers. I told YOU to look at Bradshaw's stats. The point is for dumbass punks like you that weren't a twinkle in momma's eye when I started watching football is numbers mean nothing.

MONEY means everything in the NFL, dweebus. Buy a clue. You pay for a team and you get a team.

Fact is, you can't dispute anything I've said. Just try to put words in my mouth. No wonder you don't know WTF you are talking about. Reality doesn't come into play in that brontosaurus-sized brain of yours. Let me guess .. the ref's are all against you favorite team.:cuckoo:

People who don't understand a kid's game shouldn't open their flaps.:eusa_eh:

At least we've worked out who IS a crap armchair talent scout.

LOL, says the guy who just compared Vince Young to Terry Bradshaw. And is trying to call a QB with 26 career TD passes and 34 career int's, along with averaging under 200 passing yards a game over his career, a good QB.

LOL, stop while you are ahead sheep.

Hey McNamara ... put the crack pipe down and back away slowly ..:eusa_whistle:

You're a liar. Period. I made no such comparison as you claim.

You're trying to base your fucked up opinion of Vince Young Based on numbers. I told YOU to look at Bradshaw's stats. The point is for dumbass punks like you that weren't a twinkle in momma's eye when I started watching football is numbers mean nothing.

MONEY means everything in the NFL, dweebus. Buy a clue. You pay for a team and you get a team.

Fact is, you can't dispute anything I've said. Just try to put words in my mouth. No wonder you don't know WTF you are talking about. Reality doesn't come into play in that brontosaurus-sized brain of yours. Let me guess .. the ref's are all against you favorite team.:cuckoo:

People who don't understand a kid's game shouldn't open their flaps.:eusa_eh:
The first rule in backpedaling: DENY DENY DENY!

Did you not bring up the fact that I should "check out Bradshaw's stats"? That's called comparing, dumb-ass.

LOL, you should have watched alot more football.

You are one of these out of touch fans, who can't decipher for yourself who's good, and who's mediocre. Therefore, you let the media tell you. You know what the common statement is by you out of touch fans? You are the ones that tell us "stats don't matter". You know why? Because you can't understand how to judge them, LOL.

Look old man, you are clueless. You may have watched alot of football, but that doesn't mean you understand it.

I provided you with evidence(stats) proving the mediocrity of a player. You have provided nothing but an angry, over the top, confused rebuttal. Sorry old man, this is me schooling you. Take notes!

You are one of these out of touch fans, who can't decipher for yourself who's good, and who's mediocre. Therefore, you let the media tell you. You know what the common statement is by you out of touch fans? You are the ones that tell us "stats don't matter". You know why? Because you can't understand how to judge them, LOL.

Stats don't matter in a sense. Take Peyton Manning's 2005 numbers...great in every sense of the word but was he a great quarterback? He would choke when it came to big games which he did against Pittsburgh. 14 - 2 record, 49 TD passes, 4,500 passing yds, and 120+ passer rating. Great stats by a choke artist quarterback. Stats by themselves don't matter. There are intangibles that should also be factored in with stats. The only thing most people remember about Marino's career (outside of Miami) is that he could never win the big one. Even Mark Rypien (Hail!) won a Super Bowl.

These are the career numbers of a two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback:

Gms Rtg Cmp Att Pct Yds YPG YPA TD Int
82 90.8 1426 2249 63.4 17841 217.6 7.9 118 79

Would you consider Big Ben good or mediocre by those numbers?

Last edited:

Stats don't matter in a sense. Take Peyton Manning's 2005 numbers...great in every sense of the word but was he a great quarterback? He would choke when it came to big games which he did against Pittsburgh. 14 - 2 record, 49 TD passes, 4,500 passing yds, and 120+ passer rating. Great stats by a choke artist quarterback. Stats by themselves don't matter. There are intangibles that should also be factored in with stats. The only thing most people remember about Marino's career (outside of Miami) is that he could never win the big one. Even Mark Rypien (Hail!) won a Super Bowl.

These are the career numbers of a two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback:

Gms Rtg Cmp Att Pct Yds YPG YPA TD Int
82 90.8 1426 2249 63.4 17841 217.6 7.9 118 79

Would you consider Big Ben good or mediocre by those numbers?
Manning was GREAT in 05'. Stop while you are ahead!

Big Ben is an above average QB, but not a good one. And he was apart of a two time winning super bowl team. He was NOT the reason they won those super bowls!

Please, provide me with something that proves Vince Young is anything but mediocre!

Big Ben is an above average QB, but not a good one. And he was apart of a two time winning super bowl team. He was NOT the reason they won those super bowls!

Please, provide me with something that proves Vince Young is anything but mediocre!

So you mean Peyton Manning was great in '04 when he threw for 49 TDs but he was good in '05?

Big Ben was a major part in why they won those Super Bowls. No one is arguing that he was the player of the game but they wouldn't have gotten it with Charlie Batch.

A mediocre quarterback doesn't drive 99 yards on an NFL defense with a game winning TD as time expires. All NFL quarterbacks are at least good. Some struggle because of play calling, injuries, etc. Vince Young is a very good quarterback and if he continues to play like he has lately, he will be great. Hell, Drew Brees numbers sucked his first few years in the league.

So you mean Peyton Manning was great in '04 when he threw for 49 TDs but he was good in '05?

Big Ben was a major part in why they won those Super Bowls. No one is arguing that he was the player of the game but they wouldn't have gotten it with Charlie Batch.

A mediocre quarterback doesn't drive 99 yards on an NFL defense with a game winning TD as time expires. All NFL quarterbacks are at least good. Some struggle because of play calling, injuries, etc. Vince Young is a very good quarterback and if he continues to play like he has lately, he will be great. Hell, Drew Brees numbers sucked his first few years in the league.
What makes Vince Young "very good"? What specifically?

At this point I don't think anyone should even bother responding to you in this thread. It's clear that no matter what anyone says your opinion is set and isn't going to change.

At this point I don't think anyone should even bother responding to you in this thread. It's clear that no matter what anyone says your opinion is set and isn't going to change.
Translation: Whinny guy, who can't back up his opinion with anything.

None of you sheep have yet to prove why Vince Young is anything but a mediocre NFL QB. Youtube clips, and his teams records, are your only weak attempts at proving your side. I continue to provide concrete evidence for my case.

Once again, Vince Young is a mediocre QB because....

He has a low football IQ. This is PROVEN by his bad score on the wonderlic test, which was reported to be anywhere from a 6 to a 16. Along with that, he has 8 more interceptions than touch down passes. These are facts

He has terrible accuracy. Once again, the 8 more interception than touchdown passes over the course of his career. Also, he is a dink and dunk passer. He can not connect on long passes down field. Young has a career average of under 200 passing yards per game. These are facts

Now, on to the bullshit "he just wins" defense that you sheep use. Kerry Collins went 12-3 with this team, last season. Yes, THAT Kerry Collins! The Titans are not winning because of Vince Young and his grand total of 4 TD passes in 5 games as a starter. They are winning because the defense, which was giving up 33 points per game under Collins, has improved, and is only allowing 18 points a game in Vince Young starts. The Titans played a tougher schedule early on in the season, playing weaker opponents now. Finally, the Titans have THE BEST running back in football, Chris Johnson, who's on pace to amass over 2000 rushing yards this season! These are all facts

Shaun Hill, Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypen, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Kerry Collins, are just a few of the mediocre to average at best QB's, who have "won". It's not the QB MOST of the time. It's the TEAM. These are all facts

I've provided concrete facts to support my side. I dare some of you sheep led by the media, to stop hiding, and provide something to back up your case.

They may have to invoke the slaughter rule on this one!

None of you sheep have yet to prove why Vince Young is anything but a mediocre NFL QB. Youtube clips, and his teams records, are your only weak attempts at proving your side. I continue to provide concrete evidence for my case.

He has a low football IQ. This is PROVEN by his bad score on the wonderlic test, which was reported to be anywhere from a 6 to a 16. Along with that, he has 8 more interceptions than touch down passes. These are facts

He has terrible accuracy. Once again, the 8 more interception than touchdown passes over the course of his career. Also, he is a dink and dunk passer. He can not connect on long passes down field. Young has a career average of under 200 passing yards per game. These are facts

Now, on to the bullshit "he just wins" defense that you sheep use. Kerry Collins went 12-3 with this team, last season. Yes, THAT Kerry Collins! The Titans are not winning because of Vince Young and his grand total of 4 TD passes in 5 games as a starter. They are winning because the defense, which was giving up 33 points per game under Collins, has improved, and is only allowing 18 points a game in Vince Young starts. The Titans played a tougher schedule early on in the season, playing weaker opponents now. Finally, the Titans have THE BEST running back in football, Chris Johnson, who's on pace to amass over 2000 rushing yards this season! These are all facts

Shaun Hill, Rex Grossman, Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypen, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Kerry Collins, are just a few of the mediocre to average at best QB's, who have "won". It's not the QB MOST of the time. It's the TEAM. These are all facts

I've provided concrete facts to support my side. I dare some of you sheep led by the media, to stop hiding, and provide something to back up your case.

Anyone? You guys can't even come up with one reason?

Sheep!

Anyone else entertained by NoCommonSense sucking his own dick regularly on here?

Reported? What was the score exactly? Also, nearly 95 percent of starting rookie quarterbacks have more Ints than TDs in their first three seasons. That's a given. You act as if VY is the exception.

Ints, again? I'm sure he can chuck it downfield a lot more with all of the Titans proven receivers. And dinking and dunking is what all QBs do. It's a part of the game just like taking shots and it should be part of the Titans game plan with all of their proven wide receivers. And are you just stupid? He has a passing average of under 200 yards a game because he runs the ball also. You expect a Michael Vick type quarterback to put up 300 yrds passing every game and then rush for 100 yards?

They played a tougher schedule, right? Well, in those 6 losses, they played two of those teams again in the 5 wins. And they're about to play a 3rd team they lost to this week. They only gave up 13 points in their opening loss. So we can conclude that VY would have at least went 2-4 (3-3 if he could have mustered 14 points in the opener) in those first 6 games right? And the defense didn't give up 33 points a game, they gave up 60 points to NE. That will really screw up your average.

Which ones are mediocre and which ones are average?

Yeah, don't get your hopes up, dude.

I think there is definitely hype surrounding Young during this win streak the Titans are on. He's playing pretty well, and did a fantastic job in the last game. However, SenseCommon has a valid point that Chris Johnson is a beast, currently on pace for over 2000 yards rushing, and that definitely is a huge help to the Titans. I think what is going on right now is that switching from Collins to Young after starting 0-6 provided the spark for a team that was underachieving badly. Is he a great NFL quarterback? Certainly not. Does he have the potential to become one? Maybe, although I find myself doubting it. Since his NFL career began I've thought of him as Vick 2.0, and while that may be unfair, it doesn't change my perception. If Young can continue to play well and improve his game, hopefully I can change that.

He's still early in his career, I think it will take some more time to see if he'll make it or if this is a short-term thing.

I think there is definitely hype surrounding Young during this win streak the Titans are on. He's playing pretty well, and did a fantastic job in the last game. However, SenseCommon has a valid point that Chris Johnson is a beast, currently on pace for over 2000 yards rushing, and that definitely is a huge help to the Titans. I think what is going on right now is that switching from Collins to Young after starting 0-6 provided the spark for a team that was underachieving badly. Is he a great NFL quarterback? Certainly not. Does he have the potential to become one? Maybe, although I find myself doubting it. Since his NFL career began I've thought of him as Vick 2.0, and while that may be unfair, it doesn't change my perception. If Young can continue to play well and improve his game, hopefully I can change that.

He's still early in his career, I think it will take some more time to see if he'll make it or if this is a short-term thing.

I look at him more as a McNabb than a Vick.

jgbkab, I'll be more than happy to address your terrible points, one by one.....

"Reported? What was the score exactly? Also, nearly 95 percent of starting rookie quarterbacks have more Ints than TDs in their first three seasons. That's a given. You act as if VY is the exception."

It was first reported that Young scored a 6 on the wonderlic test. His people concocted a PR defense, and said it was really a 16. Nobody really knows for sure, hence I used the word "reported".

Vince Young is in his 4th season in the NFL, and will turn 27 years old in 5 months. A few things you've conveniently left out:

Those QB's did't average less than 200 passing yards a game, or average less than 0.65 TD passes a game over the course of their four year careers, like Vince Young has. Hence, Vince Young is the essence of mediocrity!

" He has a passing average of under 200 yards a game because he runs the ball also. You expect a Michael Vick type quarterback to put up 300 yrds passing every game and then rush for 100 yards?"

Vince Young's rushing yards per game:

2006: 37
2007: 26
2008: 9
2009: 23

Just because he's black, doesn't mean he's a running QB. Smarten' up!

Furthermore, including Vince Young's rushing yards, he would still average under 200 yds per game!

"They played a tougher schedule, right? Well, in those 6 losses, they played two of those teams again in the 5 wins. And they're about to play a 3rd team they lost to this week. They only gave up 13 points in their opening loss. So we can conclude that VY would have at least went 2-4 (3-3 if he could have mustered 14 points in the opener) in those first 6 games right? And the defense didn't give up 33 points a game, they gave up 60 points to NE. That will really screw up your average."

But the fact remains, the Titans did give up 59 points to the Patriots! The fact that they did, further proves how bad the defense was. You can't discredit something that happened, just to help out your side of the argument. But for arguments sake, let's say the Titans defense only gave up 30 points to the Patriots. That's 28 points per game the Titans allowed over the course of their 6 losses. In four games they allowed at least 30 points, with 24 and 13 being the total they gave up in the remaining two losses. In the Titans 5 wins, they haven't allowed 30 points in any game. They have given up 18 points per game in games Vince Young has started!

The Titans 6 losses were:

@Pittsburgh
Houston
@Jets
@Jacksonville
Indianapolis
@New England

Their 5 wins were:

Jacksonville(Home game this time. Vince Young throws for an amazing 125 yds. Chris Johnson runs for 228 yds, and scores 2 TD's. That's right, Chris Johnson rushed for over 100 more yards than Vince Young passed for! The Titans defense allowed 24 less points to Jacksonville in this game than they did in their loss.)

@San Francisco(Vince Young passes for an amazing 172 yards, throwing 0 TD's. Chris Johnson rushes for 135 yards, and 2 TD's. The 49R's go with fellow mediocre QB Alex Smith, a backup to start the season!)

Buffalo(Vince Young goes heads up with yet another mediocre QB, in Trent Edwards. Young throws for 210 yds, a td and and int. Chris Johnson rushes for 132 yds, and 2 td's. Oh, and Chris Johnson has 100 yds receiving. Once again, out totaling Vince Young!) Are you catching the Chris Johnson theme yet?

@Houston(Vince Young throws for an amazing 116 yds. Chris Johnson runs for 151 yds. Once again, Johnson puts up more yards than Young! The Titans defense allows 17 fewer points in this game, than they did in their loss to the Texans.)

Arizona(Arizona starts Matt Leinart in place of the injured, Kurt Warner. Vince Young puts up nearly 400 yds passing yards, and plays well. Chris Johnson rushes for 154 Yards and a TD.)

In 3 of their 5 wins, Chris Johnson accumulated more yards than Vince Young passed for!

Oh, and let's compare the QB's who were starting in losses, compared to wins:

QB's in the Titans 6 losses:

Ben Roethlisberger
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Matt Schaub
David Garrard
Mark Sanchez

QB's in the Titans 5 wins:

Alex Smith
Trent Edwards
Matt Leinart
David Garrard
Matt Schaub

"Which ones are mediocre and which ones are average?"

For anyone who knows football, it's pretty simple to spot who's mediocre and who's average, from this list. But this is you we are talking about, so I'll grab your hand and take you through this!

Shaun Hill: Mediocre
Kerry Collins: Average
Rex Grossman: Mediocre
Trent Dilfer: Average
Mark Rypien: Average
Doug Williams: Average
Jeff Hostetler: Average

Well, this was fun! As my homie Tyrone would say, "You just got tore up!".

Forum List

Back