Vince Young

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
He took the 0-6 Tennessee Titans to a 5 game winning streak.

He's on fire, I say good for him!

Their coach really looks like a fool for not going to him sooner. Two weeks earlier, and the Titans may be heading to the playoffs.

He had a career game today.

Their coach really looks like a fool for not going to him sooner. Two weeks earlier, and the Titans may be heading to the playoffs.

He had a career game today.

I've loved him since he took things in his own hands when Texas played for the National Championship. He was a HOSS in that game and the reason they won that exciting game! :clap2:

Vince Young hasn't won 5 in a row for the Titans....

They have the best running back in football, and their defense has stepped up.

Vince Young is a mediocre QB at best. Look at his career numbers for crying out loud. He stinks!

Oh, and don't give me that "he's a winner" crap. Football is a team sport. Rex Grossman took the Bears to the Super Bow, and went 15-4 that season for them. And he stinks too!

Vince Young is a mediocre QB at best. Look at his career numbers for crying out loud. He stinks!

Oh, and don't give me that "he's a winner" crap. Football is a team sport. Rex Grossman took the Bears to the Super Bow, and went 15-4 that season for them. And he stinks too!

Because throwing for 387 yards with no Interceptions really does mean you stink. :rolleyes:

Because throwing for 387 yards with no Interceptions really does mean you stink. :rolleyes:
Yeah, because one game determines how good a player is. :rolleyes:

06': 15 Games ... 12 TD ... 13 Int ... 2199 Yds ... 144 Passing Yards Per Game
07': 15 Games ... 9 TD ... 17 Int ... 2546 Yds ... 169 Passing Yards Per Game
08': 3 Games ... 1 TD ... 2 Int ... 219 Yds ... 73 Passing Yards Per Game
09': 5 Games ... 4 TD ... 2 Int ... 1010 Yds ... 202 Passing Yards Per Game

If Vince Young isn't a crap QB, I don't know who is!

There's still potential for a great QB inside Vince Young. I hope he continues this success. A successful Vince Young is great for the league.

This is the second time that Vince Young has beaten a Matt Leinart quarterbacked team in the final seconds.

There's still potential for a great QB inside Vince Young. I hope he continues this success. A successful Vince Young is great for the league.

Based on what? Definitely not the sample of work he's displayed over the course of his career! A sample which consists of the following:

Nothing in those terribly mediocre numbers dictates anything close to a decent QB, let alone a QB that has the potential to be great. Under you terrible criteria for "potential to be great", I can say the same thing for Alex Smith, Matt Leinart, Rex Grossman, Michael Vick, and Trent Edwards. But, I use logic, and look at how mediocre these QB's have been, based on what they've done on the field. Therefore, I can accurate make the statement that these are all mediocre QB's, with absolutely zero potential for greatness!

Based on the fact that despite the numbers he wins games. He's very gifted athletically and can throw on the run. He's a big play QB. Keep his head straight and work on improving his decision making and there's no reason why he can't have a very successful career in the NFL.

And outside of Vick none of the QBs you listed are in Young's league when it comes to raw talent.

You must be an Aggie.:razz:

Football was NOT a team sport when Vince took the Longhorns to the National Championship. Obviously you missed the game. It was Vince vs everyone else.

He may or may not be Superbowl material but the fact is he has been underutilized at best and there aren't enough numbers to gauge his abilities as an NFL QB.

Which begs the question who your favorite team and/or QB is and if you don't waive off a couple of years of mediocrity with the hand label "he's maturing".

At least we've worked out who IS a crap armchair talent scout.

Based on what? Definitely not the sample of work he's displayed over the course of his career! A sample which consists of the following:

Nothing in those terribly mediocre numbers dictates anything close to a decent QB, let alone a QB that has the potential to be great. Under you terrible criteria for "potential to be great", I can say the same thing for Alex Smith, Matt Leinart, Rex Grossman, Michael Vick, and Trent Edwards. But, I use logic, and look at how mediocre these QB's have been, based on what they've done on the field. Therefore, I can accurate make the statement that these are all mediocre QB's, with absolutely zero potential for greatness!

Really? Go dig up Terry Bradshaw's numbers for his 1st three pro seasons. He sucked like a black hole.

He SURE turned out to be mediocre, didn't he?:cuckoo:

Really? Go dig up Terry Bradshaw's numbers for his 1st three pro seasons. He sucked like a black hole.

He SURE turned out to be mediocre, didn't he?:cuckoo:
Bradshaw was a very average QB in the NFL. Look at his numbers. He just had amazing talent surrounding him. What has Vince Young done to deserve your Bradshaw comparison, anyway?

I love how people are so quick to call Vince Young good, when he's done nothing but play like a mediocre QB. It's a direct result of the media giving a certain player a push, and the fans buying into it. Vince Young is a sexy name, so the media goes with it. People with knowledge of the sport, can see Vince Young for his terrible football IQ, lack of accuracy, and as a turnover machine. It's funny to watch how easily some of you sheep are led!

At least we've worked out who IS a crap armchair talent scout.

LOL, says the guy who just compared Vince Young to Terry Bradshaw. And is trying to call a QB with 26 career TD passes and 34 career int's, along with averaging under 200 passing yards a game over his career, a good QB.

LOL, stop while you are ahead sheep.

Forum List

Back