Victims In Utero

Fayebelle

Jan 10, 2010
Maryland
I was curious as to what the Pro Choice members have to say about unborn victims of violence.

In 2004 the United States passed a law declaring that unborn children can be considered the victims of violence. Unborn Victims of Violence Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you think an unborn child can be a victim? Does it matter if the harm is inflicted by the mother or by another individual? What about drug abuse or drinking during pregnancy - should that be prosecuted as abuse or endangerment?

The pro abortion activists don't believe life starts until about the age of two. In NJ, if a teen drowns her baby in the toilet they get less time than a drug dealer. Post partum twinkie defense. People care more about dogs.

But I've seen the effects of fetal alcohol and drug abuse in utero and that's why I am still pro choice. Some of these kids would be better off if they were not born at all. I hate druggies who procreate.

Slippery slope. I don't want to see pregnant women arrested for having a glass of wine at a restaurant. I think drug testing all women during pregnancy would be a wasted expense and most hard core druggies don't get pre natal care anyway. In NJ if a new mom tests positive, they take the baby away. That's an appropriate punishment IMHO. What do you think?

I agree. I just think there should be sterner enforcement of "taken away"

Around here the child is taken - mom enters treatment - gets out - gets kid back - goes back to status quo. Only now you have a child with the damage of birth defects in the home of an addict and if you are LUCKY DSS may stop by twice a year to check in. Oh and don't forget they are now eligible for disability checks for the children they subjected to a lifetime of delays.

The pro abortion activists don't believe life starts until about the age of two. In NJ, if a teen drowns her baby in the toilet they get less time than a drug dealer. Post partum twinkie defense. People care more about dogs.

Source or admit you're making shit up.

Thanks faye. I'm on my bb so I can't link. I don't "make shit up" Google cinco de mayo baby Vineland NJ Murderess got less than two years. Remember the prom mom? Prob dozens of examples.

the articles are about sentencing of people charged with doing harm or causing the death of a child through neglect or mental illness not about drug addicted mothers collecting disability for children they damaged in the womb from drug use or parents charge with first degree murder of a child...you are oversimplifying and mixing two separate issues as one

Casey Anthony will likely get the chair a woman who abandons her baby at birth in a trash can or causes a death due to mental illness or neglect will be viewed differently from a jury in most cases and receive a lesser sentence but this is jury decision not a decision of pro-choice activist or child protective services and their policies toward mothers with addictions

Nope my claim was that we don't value babies enough. That is common knowledge. In fact our own prez was against the born alive amendment wasn't he?

Here's an idea. Offer the crack hos and meth heads 10K to be sterilized. Hell they'd prob do it for 100 bucks. It would save thousands of babies and millions of dollars.

Oh and this is a message board. Inflammatory comments and generalizations are what we do. The high brow forum never took off. Wonder why?

Seriously? You want a link stating that children with birth defects receive SSDI or you want a link stating that alcohol and/or drug use during pregnancy can result in birth defects?

And again w/ignoring the OP?

Nope my claim was that we don't value babies enough. That is common knowledge. In fact our own prez was against the born alive amendment wasn't he?

Here's an idea. Offer the crack hos and meth heads 10K to be sterilized. Hell they'd prob do it for 100 bucks. It would save thousands of babies and millions of dollars.

Oh and this is a message board. Inflammatory comments and generalizations are what we do. The high brow forum never took off. Wonder why?

a eugenics program against those in poverty...that's your final solution

If they don't like the message they attack the messenger. Then they attack the source All the while, not addressing the topic. Annoying but expected. These are the same posters that accuse opponents of Obamacare of being "anti dying babies" They don't care about abused kids Just uninsured and illegal alien ones. And they are generally pro drug legalization as well. Typical hypocrites.

We have a new rule in NJ that I wholly support. If druggie mom doesn't get her shit together within one year, the child is put up for adoption.

Have I mentioned how much I hate dolts who think their word is good enough to spout off whatever they want?

Oh and why is it a big deal that you might actually have to back up shit that you say?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back