Perry v. Schwarzenegger

&

☭proletarian☭

An integral part of our nation’s character and laws is the principle that all Americans are entitled to be treated equally by their government. And more than 30 years ago, in its landmark decision to strike down bans on interracial marriage, the Supreme Court of the United States recognized that marriage is one of the basic civil rights of man.
Proposition 8 amended the California Constitution to eliminate marriage rights for same-sex couples. As a result, the State of California is in violation of the United States Constitution, the “Supreme Law of the Land.” The United States Constitution guarantees every American basic fundamental rights, including the right to equal protection under the law.
As its first step in its mission to advance equal rights for every American, The Foundation filed a federal court challenge against Proposition 8 in May 2009. The case’s significance has seen it move swiftly toward trial, which will begin on January 11, 2010.
Specifically, Proposition 8:

• Violates the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.
  • Violates the Due Process Clause by impinging on fundamental liberties.
  • Singles out gays and lesbians for a disfavored legal status, thereby creating a category of “second-class citizens.”
  • Discriminates on the basis of gender.
  • Discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation.
And while separate is never equal, under Proposition 8, California distinguishes its residents into 4 separate and unequal groups:

• Opposite-sex couples who have full marriage rights
  • Same-sex couples who have no marriage rights.
  • Same-sex couples who were married between June and November 2009 whose marriages are recognized by the state; however, they have no right to remarry if divorced or widowed.
  • Same-sex couples married in another state who may petition for state recognition of their marriage.
Our Work » Perry v. Schwarzenegger | American Foundation for Equal Rights

Last edited by a moderator:
People these days think they have right for everything.

Marriage? They already have the same rights as everyone else except they can't call it Marriage.

People like me want to keep it Sacred.

And it was Voted down, Fair and Square.

People these days think they have right for everything.

Marriage? They already have the same rights as everyone else except they can't call it Marriage.

People like me want to keep it Sacred.

And it was Voted down, Fair and Square.

Loving v. Virginia. The 'equal right' to 'marry someone their own colour' was found to be unconstitutional per the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment.

The faggots are their fellow travelers trot that one out all the time.
Of course it has nothing to do with civil rights. It has everything to do with the gay agenda. It has failed on every ballot measure I am aware of. No society has done well legitimizing marriage between anything but a man and a woman. This one is no different.
I dont see any benefit to society in such a thing.

Forum List

Back