Victims In Utero

a eugenics program against those in poverty...that's your final solution

So you are saying that it is not abuse b/c of their socioeconomic state? Or that all in poverty are addicts? Or that they are violent?

A lot of blankets in that statement.

And while you are having so much fun picking at one point I see you have yet to offer your thoughts on the OP.

Do you think an unborn child can be a victim?

If they don't like the message they attack the messenger. Then they attack the source All the while, not addressing the topic. Annoying but expected. These are the same posters that accuse opponents of Obamacare of being "anti dying babies" They don't care about abused kids Just uninsured and illegal alien ones. And they are generally pro drug legalization as well. Typical hypocrites.

We have a new rule in NJ that I wholly support. If druggie mom doesn't get her shit together within one year, the child is put up for adoption.

I didn't attack the source, you didn't have a source.

All I did was ask you to prove you weren't making shit up.

Faye
Definitely.
chanel
Nope my claim was that we don't value babies enough. That is common knowledge. In fact our own prez was against the born alive amendment wasn't he?
A powerful and true statement that could use a thread all it’s own. Children are our greatest resource and the hope for the future yet lack almost all protections that are offered to adults.
eots
Grate idea – lets implement that immediately.

Faye
Definitely.
chanel
Nope my claim was that we don't value babies enough. That is common knowledge. In fact our own prez was against the born alive amendment wasn't he?
A powerful and true statement that could use a thread all it’s own. Children are our greatest resource and the hope for the future yet lack almost all protections that are offered to adults.
eots
Grate idea – lets implement that immediately.
so you don't belive in American values and would prefer a more Nazi like state..ok

I believe the dead can be victimized.

I believe dogs can be victimized.

I believe the planet can be victimized.

Is there anything that cannot be victimized?

Does it matter if the harm is inflicted by the mother or by another individual?

#2. "the Harm" is a matter of proof.

How do you prove any "harm was inflicted?"

If you could do this, then I would agree that it wouldn't matter who inflicted it.

What about drug abuse or drinking during pregnancy - should that be prosecuted as abuse or endangerment?

Ditto my point #2. How do you prove harm vs. natural birth defect during pregnancy?

But rather than wait until your reply, which will no doubt take the exception to the rule and extrapolate it to cover every case, I.E., If One Junkie Mom produces ONE defective child, then ALL Junkie Moms produce ALL defective children, lets assume this outrageous logic has merit.

How would prosecuting the Junkie Moms (what about the Fathers???) prevent the birth of "abused" children? Laws against illegal drug use already exist.

#2. "the Harm" is a matter of proof.

How do you prove any "harm was inflicted?"

If you could do this, then I would agree that it wouldn't matter who inflicted it.

You have to set a standard - otherwise the mother could be held accountable for any damage to a child while in her womb. Such as if a woman were attacked and beaten causing miscarriage or birth defect - it COULD have been a "natural" miscarriage or birth defect.

If a woman is murdered and the child lost with her - the death of the child COULD be because the mother failed to live. In other words the only murder victim is the mother.

What about drug abuse or drinking during pregnancy - should that be prosecuted as abuse or endangerment?

Ditto my point #2. How do you prove harm vs. natural birth defect during pregnancy?[/QUOTE]

Poisoning a child is intent to harm IMHO. Resulting in birth defect or not - using recreational drugs during pregnancy is poisoning the child.

But rather than wait until your reply, which will no doubt take the exception to the rule and extrapolate it to cover every case, I.E., If One Junkie Mom produces ONE defective child, then ALL Junkie Moms produce ALL defective children, lets assume this outrageous logic has merit.

How would prosecuting the Junkie Moms (what about the Fathers???) prevent the birth of "abused" children? Laws against illegal drug use already exist.

They should still be held accountable not just for the use but for child abuse IMHO.

Not sure how you think a father can expose the child to toxins in utero? If you are speaking of defective sperm then that IS a natural birth defect IMHO as there is no way of telling if it would have been perfect w/out use. Now the CARE of the child requires a proactive movement to abstain from use during pregnancy.

I was curious as to what the Pro Choice members have to say about unborn victims of violence.

In 2004 the United States passed a law declaring that unborn children can be considered the victims of violence. Unborn Victims of Violence Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I'm pro choice. and male. I addressed this elsewhere here.

you think an unborn child can be a victim?
The egg or the sperm? No. or the fetus? Yes and No. Why? Because we are talking about potentially viable life. Some things in life aren't so simple.

it matter if the harm is inflicted by the mother or by another individual?
Yes and no. There is motive and intent.

about drug abuse or drinking during pregnancy - should that be prosecuted as abuse or endangerment?
Prosecuted? Nope.

I was curious as to what the Pro Choice members have to say about unborn victims of violence.

In 2004 the United States passed a law declaring that unborn children can be considered the victims of violence. Unborn Victims of Violence Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you think an unborn child can be a victim?
The egg or the sperm? No. or the fetus? Yes and No. Why? Because we are talking about potentially viable life. Some things in life aren't so simple.

it matter if the harm is inflicted by the mother or by another individual?

about drug abuse or drinking during pregnancy - should that be prosecuted as abuse or endangerment?
Prosecuted? Nope.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY ANSWERING!!!!!!!!!!

If you do not think the mother should be prosecuted - do you think the child should ever be returned to her custody?

Prosecuted? Nope.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY ANSWERING!!!!!!!!!!

If you do not think the mother should be prosecuted - do you think the child should ever be returned to her custody?

Ever? I guess it depends. I would not want to be the judge. If I had to be the judge of that, I would weigh heavily in the best interests of the child and the mom and not in the interests of the courts and the state.

Here's an idea. Offer the crack hos and meth heads 10K to be sterilized. Hell they'd prob do it for 100 bucks. It would save thousands of babies and millions of dollars.

Oh and this is a message board. Inflammatory comments and generalizations are what we do. The high brow forum never took off. Wonder why?

Try again. Voluntary sterilization is not eugenics. And not all women in poverty are crack ho's and meth heads. Or are they?

Link please.

Ever? I guess it depends. I would not want to be the judge. If I had to be the judge of that, I would weigh heavily in the best interests of the child and the mom and not in the interests of the courts and the state.

I weigh in favor of never. I become disgusted by the pass the potato attitude towards kids taken from their parents for abuse and/or neglect.

Of course it is awfully difficult to find someone willing to take children born with birth defects and/or drug addiction :(

Oh and I meant to add- sorry if this is a repeat thread. DevNell referenced earlier posts on this topic. I'm a noob and would be happy to carry this to necro-post if anyone would prefer we revert to the original discussion :)

I weigh in favor of never. I become disgusted by the pass the potato attitude towards kids taken from their parents for abuse and/or neglect.

Of course it is awfully difficult to find someone willing to take children born with birth defects and/or drug addiction :(

I know people who have taken in such kids. I also know that separating a child from their parents is many times the worst thing that can be done. Unless there is lots of support and counseling and love, separation leads to more disfunction and problems down the line.

The thing I would support is shaming. Shame the moms and dads. Acceptance of what these people do is what keeps it fed.

I know people who have taken in such kids.

The world needs more people like them :eusa_angel:

I also know that separating a child from their parents is many times the worst thing that can be done.
Unless there is lots of support and counseling and love, separation leads to more disfunction and problems down the line.

I think the lack of stability is the most damaging part. Hard to say of course but the constant back and forth lead to retraumatization.

The thing I would support is shaming. Shame the moms and dads. Acceptance of what these people do is what keeps it fed.

Not sure about this one. Most addicts have to have very little pride to begin with to maintain their lifestyle of abuse.

I know people who have taken in such kids.

The world needs more people like them :eusa_angel:

I also know that separating a child from their parents is many times the worst thing that can be done.
Unless there is lots of support and counseling and love, separation leads to more disfunction and problems down the line.

I think the lack of stability is the most damaging part. Hard to say of course but the constant back and forth lead to retraumatization.

Not sure about this one. Most addicts have to have very little pride to begin with to maintain their lifestyle of abuse.

I find myself in agreement with everything here. Stability is key, along with discipline.

Addicts need to focus on themselves when recovering and I've met addicts who gave up their kids for the better of all concern. That is truly heroic. And touching.

Addicts need to focus on themselves when recovering and I've met addicts who gave up their kids for the better of all concern. That is truly heroic. And touching.

Indeed as is the sacrifice of any parent willing to give up a child for adoption in hopes of a better life.

I saw a documentary on crystal meth that featured a rehab that allowed parents to bring their kids with them to treatment. The idea being that seeing their kids would motivate them to get with the program. I thought that was a HORRIBLE idea. Like these kids haven't dealt with enough you openly place their parent's sobriety on their shoulders. Not to mention being locked in with a group of detoxing meth heads :cuckoo:

Indeed as is the sacrifice of any parent willing to give up a child for adoption in hopes of a better life.

I saw a documentary on crystal meth that featured a rehab that allowed parents to bring their kids with them to treatment. The idea being that seeing their kids would motivate them to get with the program. I thought that was a HORRIBLE idea. Like these kids haven't dealt with enough you openly place their parent's sobriety on their shoulders. Not to mention being locked in with a group of detoxing meth heads :cuckoo:

I did speed years ago. Before people smoked it. Delivery systems have much to do with issues of drug use. I do not think most people are truly addicted. I think poor choices and immediate gratification and a lack of personal responsibility play into teh drug issue/.

I know there are chemical reactions and stuff, but there is conscious effort going into planning, buying and then using drugs.

Forum List

Back