Valentine's Day

Abbey Normal said:
The ClayTaurus said:
Get a Crimson King Norway Maple, it's the tree I grew up with and learned to climb in. Cool color, too.

Thanks for the suggestion; I will look into it.

If I don't go evergreen again, I might choose a tree whose leaves turn bright orange in the fall. I love that blazing orange color in the sunlight against a bright blue autumn sky.

istockphoto_715076_orange_leaves.jpg
Fall Rocks! :rock: And orange is my favorite, too.

Abbey, with all those evergreens, you might want to try some white clump birch trees. They have pretty yellow foliage, but it would look good in the winter, too. The white trunks contrast nicely with the evergreens.

The ClayTaurus said:
Jesus. What's with all you conservative youths being so depressed? CHEER UP!

I'm wasn't depressed. I was annoyed, and I'm not so much annoyed as I was because I got a chance to vent. Thank you, USMB. :thup:

I'm not depressed. Then again, I'm not a Conservative, so you don't know me at all, Mr. I-Know-Everything-About-Dan-Who's-a-Conservative-and-Depressed-and-My-Name-Is-Clay-Taurus-Because-I-Like-to-Eat-Bull-Poop!

But, seriously, though, Hobbit's right, I'm not depressed, it's just annoying is all.

Dave Matthews is calling. He's high and makes no sense! Quick, someone give me a backwards baseball cap and some Greek letters!

Dan said:
Dave Matthews is calling. He's high and makes no sense! Quick, someone give me a backwards baseball cap and some Greek letters!
Haha. If you knew how un-true that was, you'd have a hernia.

Then again, you'd probably say the same thing about what I posted first.

Ah, one good broad generalization deserves another.

But, I do have to say, every annoying frat-boy jock I've ever met listened to 3 things:

1. Nu-metal
2. gangsta/booty rap
3. Dave Matthews

Dan said:
Ah, one good broad generalization deserves another.

But, I do have to say, every annoying frat-boy jock I've ever met listened to 3 things:

1. Nu-metal
2. gangsta/booty rap
3. Dave Matthews

The key to the frat-boy jock genre is listening to music you believe will get you more p-u-dub-s-y. Most are too dumb to understand what any actual music means, so they just go for stuff to impress freshman girls.

Well, except for Nu-metal...I think they like that just to bash their heads in.

We have a radio station here committed to playing Anti-Valentine's Day music... They started yesterday.

The ClayTaurus said:
Perhaps your beef is with how people celebrate it, instead. Too many turn it into a materialistic dick-measuring contest, and that misses the point of the day; but almost every holiday's point is missed by today's public.

Wait, people have dick measuring contests? :wtf:

gop_jeff said:
I'm with Hobbit on this one. Valentine's Day has become yet another commercialized holiday.

Thankfully, my wife told me last night that all she really wants is a card. Anything beyond that is just gravy. Woot!!!

You do realize thats secret code for "If you don't give me something nice you're sleeping alone" lol

Shattered said:
We have a radio station here committed to playing Anti-Valentine's Day music... They started yesterday.
NO!?

My lil Valentine story..........
When I was a kid we’d all do the lil cards in class. At the time packs of cards were maybe 45 or 50, not sure. Well, we only had about 25-30 in a class so you had EXTRAS. What to do?

Well, Mr. P was smitten with a young lady in 5th grade and decided that ALL the extras should go to just her. He did, I think she had 14 cards from me.

To this day, we are still in touch and at least do an e-mail on Valentine's day. :)

Awwwwwwwwwww…
:)

My thirteen-year-old nephew was over today, complaining about Valentine's Day. It's a shame kids that young feel the pressure. He doesn't have a girl.

My six-y.o. son has HIS bases covered, though. He received a phone call from a little girl in his class this afternoon. He's so smooth, he's not likely to lack for a date. He warmed her up with a little classic humor...
[crazy voice] "Haaaaailey! Guess what? I'm wearing three pairs of UNDERWEAR!!!!" [crazy laugh]

Next, he settled into small talk...
"Hey, Hailey, do you like Scooby Doo? I like Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo is really cool."

Then, he casually mentioned an impressive accomplishment...
"You're going to LOVE my Valentine's Box. I made it so that even girls will like it."

Just as the little girl started talking, he got bored. He handed me the phone and walked away. He's a heartbreaker.

Mr. P said:
NO!?

When I was a kid we’d all do the lil cards in class. At the time packs of cards were maybe 45 or 50, not sure. Well, we only had about 25-30 in a class so you had EXTRAS. What to do?

Well, Mr. P was smitten with a young lady in 5th grade and decided that ALL the extras should go to just her. He did, I think she had 14 cards from me.

To this day, we are still in touch and at least do an e-mail on Valentine's day. :)

Awwwwwwwwwww…

Hey, I'm all FOR Valentine's Day.. Maybe you could teach a few of these guys a thing, or two...

Mr. P said:
NO!?

Awwwwwwwwwww…

This year...why don't you send her 14 emails?

Forum List

Back