Did you get your Honey flowers for Valentine's Day?

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
I did. I get my wife of 52 years flowers three times a year. Valentine's Day, her birthday and our anniversary.

I know it is a stupid made up holiday but we are Boomers and she kinda expects them.

I got my wife a cat. I hate the things, but she's considerate and keeps those in her section of the house and her private garden on that side. It's replacement for one that died a couple month ago. She doesn't do cards and candy and that stuff. Never been a Girly Girl.

• Banned
I got my wife a cat. I hate the things, but she's considerate and keeps those in her section of the house and her private garden on that side. It's replacement for one that died a couple month ago. She doesn't do cards and candy and that stuff. Never been a Girly Girl.
We got married in 1971. She was a first year school teacher and I was a veteran going to college.

Our first Valentine's Day I go to class not even knowing it was VD. Talking to a fellow student before class he tells me it is VD. I admitted I had not planned anything. He said not to worry. A stray cat had kittens and he was trying to find homes for them. After class I went to his resident and got one of the kittens.

The only thing is that the kittens were feral and had very little contact with humans.

The little thing was cute as hell but was like a wild cat.

It probably took six months to socialize the cat but she lived for 18 years. She never trusted or had anything to do with any other humans other than my wife, me and our kids.

Forum List

Back