Valentine's Day

fuzzykitten99 said:
I like buying the boxes of kids' valentines(disney princess or something) and giving them to co-workers with a piece of chocolate attached to them. Just to be fun. Of course, my new co-workers (yes, I did switch jobs) are a lot more fun and worth my time and money in doing this.

I loved doing that in school, and I now buy a 2nd box for my son (nemo or madagascar or something like that) and I give/mail them to relatives and friends along with candy and small pictures that he 'draws'. They think its cute and I think it gets him in the spirit of giving stuff to others. I even help him write his name. He has fun with it and likes to eat the leftover chocolate with me... :p:
I did that, too! Enjoy it while you can... it seems like after about the third grade, kids don't want to do all those cute little things. They are wayyyy too cool, I mean, they're like NINE! :rolleyes:

My husband and I don't really do anything for Valentine's Day. Sometimes he'll bring me home a flower or something. I don't get offended by other people celebrating it, but we just don't.

I'm with Hobbit on this one. Valentine's Day has become yet another commercialized holiday.

Thankfully, my wife told me last night that all she really wants is a card. Anything beyond that is just gravy. Woot!!!

Abbey Normal said:
So far, they have all been evergreens.
Get a Crimson King Norway Maple, it's the tree I grew up with and learned to climb in. Cool color, too.

crimson.king.jpg

The ClayTaurus said:
Get a Crimson King Norway Maple, it's the tree I grew up with and learned to climb in. Cool color, too.

Thanks for the suggestion; I will look into it.

If I don't go evergreen again, I might choose a tree whose leaves turn bright orange in the fall. I love that blazing orange color in the sunlight against a bright blue autumn sky.

istockphoto_715076_orange_leaves.jpg

I'm with Hobbit, the only thing more annoying than couples in love are couples in love who have an excuse to flaunt it in public. Valentine's Day is a useless holiday that does nothing but reassure insecure people that they're not alone. Oh, and remind the rest of us that we ARE alone.

:piss2: Valentine's Day

Dan said:
I'm with Hobbit, the only thing more annoying than couples in love are couples in love who have an excuse to flaunt it in public. Valentine's Day is a useless holiday that does nothing but reassure insecure people that they're not alone. Oh, and remind the rest of us that we ARE alone.

:piss2: Valentine's Day
Aww you need to get laid too...

Aww you need to get laid too...

Like you wouldn't believe.

But, seriously, lovey-dovey couples annoy me big-time. I've found myself wanting to punch a girl in the face just because she wouldn't stop calling her boyfriend "baby" in front of me.

Mr. P said:
Don't believe it for a second or y'll be dead meat! :D

PS...Hobbit needs to get laid.

No thanks. I think I'd rather have the stress of keeping it in my pants until after the I dos than having the stress and medical bills associated with fear of various STDs and getting some girl pregnant. I'm under enough pressure without having a crotch rash and a rugrat. I mean, I'd like kids someday, but not today.

Dan said:
Like you wouldn't believe.

But, seriously, lovey-dovey couples annoy me big-time. I've found myself wanting to punch a girl in the face just because she wouldn't stop calling her boyfriend "baby" in front of me.
Same here, Dan.

I just reread my last post, and I think I came off a little too violent. I would never hit a girl, trust me. It was just a figure of speech.

Sheesh. Maybe you guys don't like Valentine's Day because your attitude frightens all the girls off. :)

Shattered said:
Sheesh. Maybe you guys don't like Valentine's Day because your attitude frightens all the girls off. :)

*best Joan Rivers impression* Can we talk?

Then again, there really are some girls I'd like to punch.....go, go Gadget fist.

Said1 said:
*best Joan Rivers impression* Can we talk?

Then again, there really are some girls I'd like to punch.....go, go Gadget fist.

Well, yeah.. There are some.. But it's not nearly as bad as they're making it out to be...

Forum List

Back