USMB on CBS prime time "The Good Wife."

Beachboy

Irritated Indy Voter
Apr 8, 2013
Pacific Palisades, CA & Albuquerque, NM
Just about. The law firm on The Good Wife tackles the case of "Scabbit" (USMB type web site) allowing threads attacking their client. There is even a Google company called "Chum Hum" with a $35,000,000 legal budget. Watch as a judge tries to kill threads with a restraining order faster than members can create new ones! Here is the clip.

The Good Wife Video - High School Pranks - CBS.com

We look forward to The Good Wife, the writing is strong and consistent. This season has been dynamic as the young attorneys split off from Lockheart-Gardner. Total chaos in a lawyers office as the attorneys panic? Doesn't get much better than this!

the-good-wife-cast-promo.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I am not associated with The Good Wife, but in my work I am a CBS client, and one of my closest personal friends is in the West Coast Programming office of CBS. I should post that my employer does have a financial interest in selling Buicks, (A Good Wife sponsor). However, I do not work on that account, and it is in the New York office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just about. The law firm on The Good Wife tackles the case of "Scabbit" (USMB type web site) allowing threads attacking their client. There is even a Google company called "Chum Hum" with a $35,000,000 legal budget. Watch as a judge tries to kill threads with a restraining order faster than members can create new ones! Here is the clip.

The Good Wife Video - High School Pranks - CBS.com

We look forward to The Good Wife, the writing is strong and consistent. This season has been dynamic as the young attorneys split off from Lockheart-Gardner. Total chaos in a lawyers office as the attorneys panic? Doesn't get much better than this!

the-good-wife-cast-promo.jpg

Love, love The Good Wife. Best show on the networks.

We have tried Dish and Directv, but we are sold on Directv because of the little freebees. We pay for one DVR, but get two. That means that not only can we record four programs at the same time, but if one DVR needs repair, we are still able to enjoy DVR service.

We only record new series episodes, we like them better than movies. We watch whenever we want, and we get rid of all the commercials. An older innovation, but still amazing to me. We pay $100 a month and get 19 premium channels. Remember the premium channels, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, and Encore are UNCENSORED, and Director's cut. It is an entertainment value.

Isn't Scabbit supposed tobe twitter?

Doesn't really matter. It was political, so it looked like USMB. I have never done Twitter or Facebook, so maybe.

You are right. The issue on TGW was organized much like the threads in a "discussion" forum. Twitter is just one big thread

the-internal-mock-trial.png

Thank you. How do you feel about seeing a political message board from a legal standpoint? Somehow it turned USMB from an activity by political junkies into a Federal legal issue. We really do not get enough information about this aspect of the internet, but The Good Wife story line on Chum Hum, (Google knock-off in the show) should continue to be interesting.

6a00d8345157c669e2019b006189db970b-640wi

I am a little surprised that no one has commented on the Internet story line and legal implications of a message board. I thought that was the high point of the thread.

Haven't seen the episode, so I can't really comment. It depends if there has been a trial or not. If there hasn't, then if members of the jury read the messages, their opinion could be tainted, I guess.

I am a little surprised that no one has commented on the Internet story line and legal implications of a message board. I thought that was the high point of the thread.

Haven't seen the episode, so I can't really comment. It depends if there has been a trial or not. If there hasn't, then if members of the jury read the messages, their opinion could be tainted, I guess.

giphy.gif

It should be on CBS On Demand. The whole "Wack-a-mole" episode is on the internet somewhere. This link was pretty neat. Everyone in high tech needs to be watching The Good Wife! Why Everyone In Tech Needs To Be Watching "The Good Wife"

giphy.gif

Sorry I'm a little slow to respond. I'm new and just getting my bearings. It was a fascinating show Sunday. The legal aspect was interesting but the idea that annoying people may actually be bots was just as interesting. Good show.

Sorry I'm a little slow to respond. I'm new and just getting my bearings. It was a fascinating show Sunday. The legal aspect was interesting but the idea that annoying people may actually be bots was just as interesting. Good show.

Actually, you made the point quite succinctly in your post that I tried to make in a dozen posts. Thank you.

As a new guy, welcome to the show, you are in the MAJOR LEAGUE now. Just FYI, people, including myself get banned around here for not knowing what is acceptable in different kinds of threads. Here is a link to USMB rules. You might want to pay particular attention to the Zone section. http://www.usmessageboard.com/annou...48-usmb-rules-and-guidelines.html#post6790048

marlins-fan-smacking-his-kid-baseball-fan-gifs.gif

Some of these guys play rough, and you are on your own!​

Forum List

Back