Breaking The Faith

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
WTF??? Isn't it illegal to own slaves nowadays? If those women (and guys) want to leave, why can't they without having to sneak out because they are being held against their will?

Anyone else watch this new show? I'm watching it right now and I'm all :eek: and :cuckoo:

You are not the only one. I started watching the show also. I am LDS and I am having a hard time with this show. I wonder, "where the heck did these people go wrong?" and "they are misinterpreting Joseph Smith's teachings." I don't understand how the heck they are so blind to the wrong warren jeffs is doing. The definitely are being led by a wolf in sheep's clothing!! cuckoo

I haven't watched the show, but I've always found these groups fascinating. It's amazing how people can go so astray and yet profess to believe in people who teach them the exact opposite of what they do.

In one of the most beautiful revelations Joseph recieved, we are taught that we are not to obtain power through compulsion, but through persuasion, long suffering, kindness, gentleness, meekness, love unfeigned. This is totally foreign to Warren's group.

I don't understand how they can pretend to follow anything Joseph taught when he clearly sent out missionaries to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all the world. He didn't close off the community, he was constantly inviting people to join them. And if people chose to leave, he might try to talk them out of it but would always allow them to freely go if that was their desire. They were also free to stay among the Saints.

It's sad.

Forum List

Back