USA v Thailand Women's Soccer

Women's soccer is the biggest con game going. There are only a few to several teams in the word that are competitive. And that is saying something. The truth is, is that the American team has choked a few times over the years. They know it. And they are spoiled and over rated. A waste of resources that are needed for men as to reduce their aggressiveness which is common sense. Want proof? What the hell was midnight basketball about a couple of decades ago or so? Guys in poor areas would get some of their frustrations out playing B ball. We will eventually learn.

Women's soccer is the biggest con game going. There are only a few to several teams in the word that are competitive. And that is saying something. The truth is, is that the American team has choked a few times over the years. They know it. And they are spoiled and over rated. A waste of resources that are needed for men as to reduce their aggressiveness which is common sense. Want proof? What the hell was midnight basketball about a couple of decades ago or so? Guys in poor areas would get some of their frustrations out playing B ball. We will eventually learn.
Nobodies forcing you to watch.

13-0 and celebrating each goal

Ugly day to be an American, I am now rooting for the bitches to lose

I coached women's soccer for almost two decades at the club level, I've been on both sides of games like that. When you are on the wrong side of it, it's your job as a coach to teach your kids about not giving up, and about how to lose gracefully. It's also an opportunity for your team to learn. You want them to think; "Someday, with practice and effort, I can play like that." I have told my teams when we were on either side of it that it isn't the winning teams job to stop scoring. Lol, try to get a young kid to pass up a chance to score a goal.

One time, one of my U-9 teams was ahead 2-0 at the half in the final championship game. At halftime we all saw the other team crying because they were losing. I pointed it out quietly to my girls. Then in the 2nd half they came back and beat us 4-3. Not a tear was shed on my sideline. We celebrated our 2nd Place trophy.

The Rest of the World is about as excited about wimmin's soccer as most Americans are about soccer in general. They just don't give a shit.

Which is why "our" team has a chance to be competitive; the enemy doesn't care enough to take wimmin's soccer ("football") seriously.

I coach soccer and have been on both sides of this as well. I don't expect another team to stop scoring if they're up by a lot. It's my team's job to stop them. With that said, if my team is winning in an obvious mismatch I will do things to slow the scoring. Anyone who coaches soccer knows what I'm talking about.

As for the Women's World Cup... This is the biggest stage in soccer. Out of all the soccer players in the U.S. they are the best of the best and then some. I see the hard work kids and teens put in. I have no issue with the 13-0 score and the celebrating. This is many, many, many years of practice, games, tournaments, traveling, stress and family sacrificing time and money coming to the surface. Let them play and let them celebrate. They earned the right.

13-0 and celebrating each goal

Ugly day to be an American, I am now rooting for the bitches to lose

Would you hold men to the same standard?

Sorry, but not sorry, Thailand can use this as a learning experience.
I do

We have something called the Dream Team in Basketball. They routinely run up the score against lesser competition.
I don’t care if they score at will. What pisses me off is grandstanding, chest pounding and high fiving when you are up by 40 points

Yes, I hold men to the same standard

A standard of basic sportsmanship

US Women’s Soccer team

giphy.gif

Yea...we are better than you
Time to celebrate

I coach soccer and have been on both sides of this as well. I don't expect another team to stop scoring if they're up by a lot. It's my team's job to stop them. With that said, if my team is winning in an obvious mismatch I will do things to slow the scoring. Anyone who coaches soccer knows what I'm talking about.

As for the Women's World Cup... This is the biggest stage in soccer. Out of all the soccer players in the U.S. they are the best of the best and then some. I see the hard work kids and teens put in. I have no issue with the 13-0 score and the celebrating. This is many, many, many years of practice, games, tournaments, traveling, stress and family sacrificing time and money coming to the surface. Let them play and let them celebrate. They earned the right.

Absolutely right.

I coached women's soccer for almost two decades at the club level, I've been on both sides of games like that. When you are on the wrong side of it, it's your job as a coach to teach your kids about not giving up, and about how to lose gracefully. It's also an opportunity for your team to learn. You want them to think; "Someday, with practice and effort, I can play like that." I have told my teams when we were on either side of it that it isn't the winning teams job to stop scoring. Lol, try to get a young kid to pass up a chance to score a goal.

One time, one of my U-9 teams was ahead 2-0 at the half in the final championship game. At halftime we all saw the other team crying because they were losing. I pointed it out quietly to my girls. Then in the 2nd half they came back and beat us 4-3. Not a tear was shed on my sideline. We celebrated our 2nd Place trophy.
I managed senior league baseball teams...When we were ahead by an absurd margin, it was a courtesy of sportsmanship to stop stealing bases and and putting hit-and-run plays on.....In those situations, we started doing live-game bunting drills that might benefit us in closer games.

With a 5-goal lead in a soccer match, it's pretty safe to say that you can ease up on the gas.

I managed senior league baseball teams...When we were ahead by an absurd margin, it was a courtesy of sportsmanship to stop stealing bases and and putting hit-and-run plays on.....In those situations, we started doing live-game bunting drills that might benefit us in closer games.

With a 5-goal lead in a soccer match, it's pretty safe to say that you can ease up on the gas.
I really don’t care about running up the score. It counts for goal differential

But celebrating like you just won the cup is embarrassing

That's fair, and I did to some degree, but here, in the Cup, I wouldn't.

Forum List

Back