USA v Thailand Women's Soccer

I really don’t care about running up the score. It counts for goal differential

But celebrating like you just won the cup is embarrassing
13-0 is really overkill so without seeing the match I can't comment on whether the US ran the score up or Thailand was just that inferior a team.
But it's undignified to rub it in by celebrating too much when you obviously are playing a team that is not on your level in so many ways. It's downright dishonorable.

I really don’t care about running up the score. It counts for goal differential

But celebrating like you just won the cup is embarrassing
13-0 is really overkill so without seeing the match I can't comment on whether the US ran the score up or Thailand was just that inferior a team.
But it's undignified to rub it in by celebrating too much when you obviously are playing a team that is not on your level in so many ways. It's downright dishonorable.

It is basic sportsmanship

I'm rooting against these b*****s now
1. the games are NOT supposed to be political--but the lesbian b***ch made it political
2. they think they are SOOOOOOO great--but they play crap teams/crap competition
3. whine about not making as much as the men--this should be OBVIOUS/COMMON SENSE why there is a difference in men's and women's $$$$

The Rest of the World is about as excited about wimmin's soccer as most Americans are about soccer in general. They just don't give a shit.

Which is why "our" team has a chance to be competitive; the enemy doesn't care enough to take wimmin's soccer ("football") seriously.
Is that why it's getting bigger and better?

I coached women's soccer for almost two decades at the club level, I've been on both sides of games like that. When you are on the wrong side of it, it's your job as a coach to teach your kids about not giving up, and about how to lose gracefully. It's also an opportunity for your team to learn. You want them to think; "Someday, with practice and effort, I can play like that." I have told my teams when we were on either side of it that it isn't the winning teams job to stop scoring. Lol, try to get a young kid to pass up a chance to score a goal.

I agree with you in so much as you never quit, you never expect the other team to show mercy.

That said, if you are the team on top, you take the high road. My daughter's coaches at the club level and high school level often put a govern on her. It was the right thing to do.

I coached women's soccer for almost two decades at the club level, I've been on both sides of games like that. When you are on the wrong side of it, it's your job as a coach to teach your kids about not giving up, and about how to lose gracefully. It's also an opportunity for your team to learn. You want them to think; "Someday, with practice and effort, I can play like that." I have told my teams when we were on either side of it that it isn't the winning teams job to stop scoring. Lol, try to get a young kid to pass up a chance to score a goal.

I agree with you in so much as you never quit, you never expect the other team to show mercy.

That said, if you are the team on top, you take the high road. My daughter's coaches at the club level and high school level often put a govern on her. It was the right thing to do.
But those weren't World Cup.

I find it interesting that the posters who are against "participation trophies for all" are now upset about the U.S. kicking some ass. Probably because it was women. Some guys can't stand that.

I find it interesting that the posters who are against "participation trophies for all" are now upset about the U.S. kicking some ass. Probably because it was women. Some guys can't stand that.
I don’t mind the US kicking ass

I object to them acting like assholes while they are doing it. I am ashamed of the US woman’s soccer team and hope they lose

Last olympics when they lost to Sweden who played a defensive game they whined that the best team had lost

The US women’s soccer team does a poor job representing us

Hope the bitches lose

What a bunch of whinging snowflake pussies.

Of course the U.S. Women should be able to celebrate. They fucking WON...and a high number of goals helps them in the overall tournament.

Hope Solo calls Sweden 'bunch of cowards' after USA falter at Olympics

Solo did not take kindly to the defeat. “I thought we played a courageous game. I thought we had many opportunities on goal,” she said. “I think we showed a lot of heart. We came back from a goal down, I’m very proud of this team. And I also think we played a bunch of cowards. The best team did not win today, I strongly, firmly believe that.”

Why is the Women’s soccer team so easy to hate?

Quick question, how do you know who is against participation trophies?

---------------------------------------

I reached out to my daughter who plays at this level and has competed in World Cup and Olympic qualifying rounds, her opinion of the score and celebrations, "awful, disrespectful and unnecessary."

I raised her right. This is the correct takeaway from that spectacle.

Solo did not take kindly to the defeat. “I thought we played a courageous game. I thought we had many opportunities on goal,” she said. “I think we showed a lot of heart. We came back from a goal down, I’m very proud of this team. And I also think we played a bunch of cowards. The best team did not win today, I strongly, firmly believe that.”

Well, Solo's got her own baggage.

I reached out to my daughter who plays at this level and has competed in World Cup and Olympic qualifying rounds, her opinion of the score and celebrations, "awful, disrespectful and unnecessary."

Are you?

Well, Solo's got her own baggage.
So does the women’s Soccer Team

Are you?

are you what?

Are you?

are you what?
English please.

Forum List

Back