USA v Thailand Women's Soccer

Wow, I'm about to start rooting for Thailand just so it's not as embarrassing.

They are clearly outmatched.
I'm not sure if the # of goals help in placement after pool play....if not, the US should start putting in 2nd string as much as allowable.
Hmm...I hadn't considered that. It could be that goals can determine tie-breakers with regard to seeding. I don't know either.

I'm not sure if the # of goals help in placement after pool play....if not, the US should start putting in 2nd string as much as allowable.
Hmm...I hadn't considered that. It could be that goals can determine tie-breakers with regard to seeding. I don't know either.
If so, that encourages good teams to run up the score.

Seems the US likes that leftwing fade and strike to the center play.

yeah, and that isn't a good image for FIFA.

Old school ways....which makes it so surprising they went to VAR. That blew my mind.

Tho I am glad they went to all grass fields finally like the men. 4 years ago on very hot artificial turf was criminal.

Well, the bright side is that team Thailand kept the US to just 3.

Old school ways....which makes it so surprising they went to VAR. That blew my mind.

Tho I am glad they went to all grass fields finally like the men. 4 years ago on very hot artificial turf was criminal.
So, what is VAR? This is the first time I'm hearing this term. I take it that it is some kind of video review?

So, what is VAR? This is the first time I'm hearing this term. I take it that it is some kind of video review?
I think that's what it's called...Video Assistant Ref.

I'll say, in the penalty time, Thailand had one helluva defensive stand against that last minute onslaught.

Forum List

Back